PDA

View Full Version : Rivals?

dublinwanderer
09/12/2005, 6:55 PM
who in your opinion would be brays biggest rivals?

does any other club absolutely hate bray? i know we hate the likes of Rovers, Shels, Bohs etc but does anyone hate us?

i'd say bohs as our biggest rivals but.....

Eoingull
10/12/2005, 12:59 AM
Dublinwanderer, there is a big difference between rivalry and hatred. I wouldn't advise hating anyone! As unglamourous as it might seem, I see near-neighbours UCD as Bray's biggest rivals. We have seen a lot of each other over recent seasons, and there is usually very little between the clubs. UCD's travelling support has undoubtedly improved over the past year, but there are still not enough to give the games the "edge" of a local derby. I've never heard of any Bray supporter having a problem with Shelbourne...maybe I'm standing in the wrong part of the ground. Finally, you can rest assured most Bohs' supporters see Bray as an ant to be stepped on...that's why we enjoyed the recent victory so much!

Stevo Da Gull
10/12/2005, 8:52 PM
All the Bray fans I know hate Bohs, as do I, but I dont think that they give a toss about us so it's not really a rivalry. On the pitch UCD and ourselves have a pretty big rivalry but the games don't have that rivalry feeling about them. And I'm itching for us to beat Dublin City, revenge! This could develop into a rivalry:confused:
To summarise, we could possibly have rivalry's with UCD or Dub C if there were bigger attendences at these games. We could also have a rivalry with Bohs if we dump them out of the cup..... :) :cool:

PS - I have no dislike for Shels and have kinda rooted for them ever since Jayo went there

Stevo Da Gull
10/12/2005, 8:58 PM
All the Bray fans I know hate Bohs, as do I

Is hate too strong of a word? All I can say is that there is a deep loathing,vomitty,angry feeling inside me when they beat us and that when we beat them this season it was like I'd died and gone to heaven:)

sligoman
10/12/2005, 9:00 PM
I hate ye. So much!:mad:

Ah no, only joking:p. Looking forward to heading to Bray next year:).

Stevo Da Gull
11/12/2005, 1:57 PM
I hate ye. So much!

Ah no, only joking:p. Looking forward to heading to Bray next year.

I suppose we have a bitto rivalry between us, we usually do shíte against Sligo, especially in Sligo. Now that ye have a different 'keeper the game might even finish with 11 men aside:D

Never been to Sligo myself but that'll change next year;)

mchurl
12/12/2005, 1:20 PM
usually a few sendings offf in bray - sligo games!!!

id say dub city could develop into a rivalry and i love it wen we beat bohs!!

Roo69
12/12/2005, 1:34 PM
who in your opinion would be brays biggest rivals?

does any other club absolutely hate bray? i know we hate the likes of Rovers, Shels, Bohs etc but does anyone hate us?

i'd say bohs as our biggest rivals but.....

We don;t really have a derby match, but with UCD only being 15 minutes away i suppose that could be classed as a derby.

Personally i dislike Bohs so for me they would be our biggest rivals and took massive satisfaction out of beating them 3-1

sligoman
12/12/2005, 5:06 PM
usually a few sendings offf in bray - sligo games!!!Plenty of cards in this (http://www.sligorovers.com/match/match%20stats/2003/2003_05_31_v_bray_wanderers.htm) one anyway:D.

KR's Post
14/12/2005, 11:30 AM
I absolutely hate Bohemains scum. Alot of history in recent years. The cup semi when Jayo was wrongly banned, the penalty we never got in that game, Avery Johns punch to tarzan right in front of Hitler sorry Feighry! The game the year after in which we were cheated. Devo Foxy and Gormley all sent off, Bohs fans this year invading the pitch 2wice and causing murder while we was thumping them 3-1. Bohs are our biggest rivals, plain SCUM FACT. Worse than Rovers!

Hulsey
15/12/2005, 11:23 AM
Is hate too strong of a word? All I can say is that there is a deep loathing,vomitty,angry feeling inside me when they beat us and that when we beat them this season it was like I'd died and gone to heaven:)
:D :D Them Bohs, Them Bohs need ......

Hulsey
15/12/2005, 11:26 AM
I absolutely hate Bohemains scum. Alot of history in recent years. The cup semi when Jayo was wrongly banned, the penalty we never got in that game, Avery Johns punch to tarzan right in front of Hitler sorry Feighry! The game the year after in which we were cheated. Devo Foxy and Gormley all sent off, Bohs fans this year invading the pitch 2wice and causing murder while we was thumping them 3-1. Bohs are our biggest rivals, plain SCUM FACT. Worse than Rovers!
Someone get Tarzan1 a glass of water before he explodes;) !!! Defo agree with you about the scum (bohs not man utd;) ) being our biggest rivals, but all that rage can't be good for you!