PDA

View Full Version : Seery at it again...

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 12:52 PM
Doesnt't he post as The Chairman on the Dublin City guestbook? (Or at least, a post was approved from "The Chairman" with an address of RonanDCFC@eircom.net). Not as bad as his previous rants on his own club's website, but I don't think the likes of "THE BOLIX" and "**** THE BEGRUDGERS" should be on an official website from the chairman. Constantly on about professionalism and all that, but very little of it on display from him. Whatever about Dublin City (don't intend this to become another pro or anti DCFC thread), Seery surely can't be donig much for the image of the league if this is continually his attitude? Would you invest with someone who posts...

Well Hello All. A week on now and time to get the feet back on the ground.But what a week it has been.The coverage by the media and the general reaction by people has been amazing.They said it couldnt be done but we know it has and now its time to move the club on.To everyone for all the support THANK YOU THANK YOU you have been amazing both home and abroad.The buzz in Dalymount and Tolka was brill.This time last year after THE BOLIX and the OLD ROVERS BOARD ripped the heart out of our club ,some said it was fatel.They dont know about THe Viking Spirit. To survive next year it will take lots of investment and I will be appealing to you all in the coming weeks for your support in our up coming ventures.Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.Again thanks to all and we will talk again soon. UP THE DUBS. PS.**** THE BEGRUDGERS.

NY Hoop
09/12/2005, 1:18 PM
Seery lost the plot moons ago. That club and that individual should not be allowed anywhere near the league.

KOH

MariborKev
09/12/2005, 1:24 PM
Under the new rules pertaining to websites, approved by the League, I would expected Dublin City to be punished.

Hold on, that would mean the FAI actually following their own rules.

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 1:29 PM
Don't think they've actually criticised the FAI anywhere.

Also, that's an eL rule, not an FAI rule, because the FAI don't have anything to do with the league. The clubs brought in the rules to fine themselves all on their own... ;)

Drumcondra Red
09/12/2005, 1:32 PM
And its not on the Site its in a MB different I'm afraid!

monutdfc
09/12/2005, 1:37 PM
And its not on the Site its in a MB different I'm afraid!
No, the rule explicitly included forums/MBs on official sites (reminds me, I must move our forum fromthe official site)

Anyway, DC already put it up to the eL/FAI with their report of the limerick game where they criticised the referee's performance and challenged the eL/FAI to charge them!

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 1:56 PM
Anyway, DC already put it up to the eL/FAI with their report of the limerick (I think game) where they criticised the referee's performance and challenged the eL/FAI to charge them!
It was the second home Limerick game alright. STIGonline (http://www.stigonline.com/league/homefarm.htm) - the website of the fanzine - has preserved some of the best rants for posterity.:) The Seery rants will be going up with the next update, hopefully.

Raheny Red
09/12/2005, 2:07 PM
NY HOOP WROTE:

That club and that individual should not be allowed anywhere near the league.

Here we go again with all this shít that DCFC don't deserve a place in the league. What a load of bull.

They deserve to be where they are because they're there on merit.

NY Hoop
09/12/2005, 2:09 PM
Here we go again with all this shít that DCFC don't deserve a place in the league. What a load of bull.

Hey its got nothing to do with them beating us. I've been saying it since they came into the league. No fans no club. It is as simple as that. Not bull at all. No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.

KOH

Raheny Red
09/12/2005, 2:17 PM
NY HOOP WROTE:

its got nothing to do with them beating us

Where in my post did I mention them beating Rovers?? No matter who they beat in the relegation/promotion play-off they deserve to be there!!

NY HOOP WROTE:

No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.

Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances. Games are decided on the pitch not off it in the stands by whose got more fans!!

NY Hoop
09/12/2005, 2:21 PM
Where in my post did I mention them beating Rovers?? No matter who they beat in the relegation/promotion play-off they deserve to be there!!

Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances. Games are decided on the pitch not off it in the stands by whose got more fans!!

You are missing the point. Obviously games are decided on the pitch which is why I mentioned it had nothing to do with them beating us:rolleyes:

If you cant see the similarity between CHF and MK Dons.......

KOH

sfc red
09/12/2005, 2:22 PM
FCUK! I go asleep for a few mins, wake up, and I've travelled back in time :)

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 2:28 PM
Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances.
Actually, they don't (http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm) any more. They have higher attendances now than five Division Two clubs and all bar five Division Three clubs.

Raheny Red
09/12/2005, 2:30 PM
NY HOOP WROTE:

If you cant see the similarity between CHF and MK Dons.......

Yes, I can see the difference. I was comparing them to each other.:rolleyes:

NY HOOP WROTE:

No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.

MK Dons are in a league with not many fans for a league that they are in.

So your above statement is incorrect.

NY Hoop
09/12/2005, 2:41 PM
Yes, I can see the difference. I was comparing them to each other.:rolleyes:

MK Dons are in a league with not many fans for a league that they are in.

So your above statement is incorrect.

Really? See pineapple stu's post. You brought MK Dons up first.

KOH

Poor Student
09/12/2005, 2:54 PM
Here some of the great man's earlier work from last season:

Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

23rd November '04

TURNCOAT Roddy Collins completed his season's dirty work as an under strength Dublin City fell to Shamrock Rovers in the last game of the eircom League season at Tolka Park yesterday.

Collins walked out on the Vikings three weeks ago to Rovers in an act of unbelievable selfishness at a time when the club still had genuine hopes of survival. Yesterday he put all his Hoops players on trial in a game that rarely rose to temperatures that the fixtures' potential suggested might happen.

City had no Adam Rundle - just the latest (and last) one of Collins signings who refused to turn-up for the a Dublin City fixture. And of course there was no Carlton Palmer, Danny Boxall, Alex Nescovic, Ronnie Henry or Grant Cooper - all hailed by Collins as being the best players in their position in the eircom League when he signed them. Gone like the wind, the lot of them! So much for Collins ability to attract players of the right character - Rovers beware.

Collins, obviously scared that his ample girth was under threat came with a professional minder in tow, and with lapdog Terry Eviston by his side, saw the visitors get the better of City who once again had large rafts of possession but failed to convert their chances.

Rovers went in front somewhat fortuitously in the 10th minute when Paul Malone's off target shot from the left side of the penalty area found Shane Robinson who promptly drilled and angled 14 yard shot past Robbie Horgan in the Drumcondra end goal.

City were level within 10 minutes as Gary O'Neill set up Cottsie O'Connor to break free of the Rovers cover to drill home past Noel Mooney in the Rovers goal.

The winner arrived in the 54th minute when Derek Treacy got across his marker to flick Mark Rutherford's free to the back of the net.

Cottsie O'Connor might have done better on a couple of occasions to set up Gary O'Neill in better positions, but O'Neill when he did get clear on goal in the 76th minute managed to screw his shot wide with only a jittery Mooney to beat.

Turncoat Collins was only too happy to pose for photographs with jubilant Rovers supporters after the match - the same people he had recently promised Dublin City fans, would be treking around the first division next season - but that was of course before he jumped ship on the club that had honoured every agreement with him and his players.

Rovers chairman Tony Maguire attempted to write off the recent events by engaging City Chief Executive Ronan Seery in a halftime `pow wow' discussion and indicated that it was `all over and behind us as' far as he and his club were concerned. Sadly Maguire has a short memory or fails to appreciate the enormity of the damage his actions has inflicted on a fellow eircom League club.

The cheek of the lowlife cur! His apparent lack of intellect and moral rectitude would have him somehow believe that everything was rosy in the garden again, but his memory span is so short that he fails to appreciate that his damning actions will in fact be remembered by so many for a long long time to come - by anyone with a bit of common decency running through their body.

In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to **** off!

City went down with dignity and Dermot Keely will now look to assemble a squad capable of returning to Premier Division in the coming seasons. An indication of Keely's no nonsense approach was evident with his 11th minute substitution of Peter Hynes. Keely hauled him off for a slipshod performance and the players' injudicious decision to engage in a verbal touchline exchange only served to confirm that he had played his last game for the club.

Collins, unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately after all, will now turn his wrecking ball tactics to Rovers, and, Rovers will give him free reign.

The fools, the fools have they not learned anything????? City will be back and Rovers have had their illustrious name tarnished in a way that a club with their rich history should never have allowed - but that's what you get when you have people like Tony Maguire at the tiller.

A face
09/12/2005, 3:28 PM
Wheres the article where he was swiggin' whiskey at 3.00 in the morning saying "fúck the b@stards, they wont get me down !! " as he was shaking his fist in the the air ??

Speranza
09/12/2005, 4:10 PM
Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.

Exactly Seery, just a name and that is all he has. A good name but not a football club.

dcfcsteve
09/12/2005, 4:18 PM
Actually, they don't (http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm) any more. They have higher attendances now than five Division Two clubs and all bar five Division Three clubs.

Now there's a boast to be proud of - " We're only the 18th worst supported club in our league, and we even manage to beat the attendances of quite a few of the teams in the division below us !!"

Whoppee-do. I look forward to that accolade appearing on Page 1 of their annual report. The investors must be queuing up the M1 from London with their lorry loads of cash to pump into that sporting goldmine...

MK Dons have sh!t attendances. Pointing out that a small number of other clubs at their level have even sh!ttier attendances does not alter that fact.

Due to their geographical location (i.e. easily accessible to a vast swathe of England, and to 17 of the 23 other clubs in their division) Franchise FC get a disproportionate number of away fans at their games - up to as many as 50% of their entire attendance. They also hold the record for the lowest ever attendance in the Championship, from which they were thankfully relegated 2 years ago.

The arch delusionist who bought the Dirty Dons and shunted them 85 miles from their heartland - Pete Winkleman - was predicting that the poor uncatered for football-loving masses of Milton Keynes would flock to his team, if only they were given the chance to play there. Well they were (the team) and they haven't (the supporters). By his own yardstick, therefore, the MK Dons are a poorly supported failure.

They missed relegation into the English 2nd Div by a whisker last year, and it's only a matter of time before that footballing pariah continues its freefall into sporting obscurity. Inshallah.....

pete
09/12/2005, 4:20 PM
Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.

That "club" will only ever be a name. :rolleyes:

Under the new rules he should be brought up for crimes against irish football or whatever the offense called. Official sites cannot openly abuse other clubs or officials.

dcfcsteve
09/12/2005, 4:24 PM

I'm delighted the MK Dons are being directly compared to Continuity Home Farm here. They are the classic example of things NOT being decided on a pitch.

Tell me - what exactly has the town and people of Milton Keynes done on the pitch to deserve a senior football club ????

Having said that it was against the whole idea initially, though then bottling a definitive decision under pressure from Wimbledon's then owners, the FA has promised to bring in regulations to prevent an MK Dons situation from happening again. The fact that they have yet to do so says more about the FA than the necessity of such a regulation.

So there we have it - the FA themselves admit that the MK dons are illegitimate. Could you have picked a worse (or, from the perspective of a lot of people on this board - better) example ??

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 4:26 PM
Now there's a boast to be proud of - " We're only the 18th worst supported club in our league, and we even manage to beat the attendances of quite a few of the teams in the division below us !!"
In their last season in Division One, they were getting 1,000 or so on average. I think people still think they're at that level. That was my point. I know they're not getting 15,000 or that. Attendance-wise, they're more Longford than Dublin City now.

Do away fans not still boycott their games?

See pineapple stu's post.
But you'll miss my bit where I said I don't want this to turn into another anti-DC debate.;)

Wheres the article where he was swiggin' whiskey at 3.00 in the morning saying "fúck the b@stards, they wont get me down !! " as he was shaking his fist in the the air ??
Reproduced with pleasure. Will be appearing on STIGonline shortly as well!

I drove home last night alone. Nobody wanted to buy me a drink. No one wanted to go for a drink. I opened my bottle of Southern Comfort and I drank alone.
As you do when drinking alone, I reflected. I remembered this time last year in Whitehall…doused in Champers…everyone buying me drink…everyone drinking with me…flash bulbs flashing everywhere. Great expectations. Great hopes. The train had left the station, the carriage was full. Alas, last night the room was dark; the only flashes were the flashes of the last nine months going through my tangled mind. The train had sadly returned to the station early and the carriage was empty. OK, I said, as I poured another stiff one. I backed the wrong horse. I made a ****** of it. I should have done this. I should have done that. I should have listened to him. I should have listed to her. Let’s go after Rovers. Let’s go after Collins. Let’s end the dream. Turn off the dimming light and start your life afresh. No hassle. No stress. No abuse. No disloyalty. No dealing with low morals. As I emptied my glass again and made my way to the door to make my way up stairs to start a new life, I stopped.
*********** I took a deep breath a tear fell from my closing eye **********
As I reached to finally turn off the the fading light for ever, I said to my self.
NO F****KING WAY. THEY WON’T F****GING WIN. SEVEN YEARS OF BLOOD GUTS PAIN WILL NOT BE THROWN AWAY.
I filled my glass yet again; the helpings were getting bigger. My mind turned to Breda, Pat, Mark, Eamon, Eddie, Ray, George, John Gill, even Tom on the site, Breifne, Sean Kidd, Paul from Spar, Lorcan, and all my sponsors. Everyone out there touched by the dream. The fading light got brighter; I heard the engine of the train give a little cough. The driver was heading for platform number 1 again. He knew that he won’t be able to drive until morning but he also knew the above passengers and more would be there. As I emptied my glass for the last time, I shed my final tear. Life waits for no man and man must make life happen for himself.
WE WILL BE BACK ON THE TRACK TOMORROW.
I made my way to my waiting bed and as I turned off the light and drifted into my sleep, the dream began again. The dream lives on.
UP THE DUBS.

Passive
09/12/2005, 4:33 PM
DC have every right to exist - they just should not have been allowed into the Eircom League because the last thing the league needs is another Dublin team. But, as could be expected, in this country it's all about who you know.

dcfcsteve
09/12/2005, 4:59 PM
In their last season in Division One, they were getting 1,000 or so on average. I think people still think they're at that level. That was my point. I know they're not getting 15,000 or that. Attendance-wise, they're more Longford than Dublin City now.

Do away fans not still boycott their games?

MK Dons are at 4-5,000 average per game - again thanks largely to the fact that they are in an incredibly convenient geographical location for away fans. Much more convenient than south-west London was.

And it's absurd to say that they are closer to Longford than CHF in terms of attendances. 18 clubs in the English First division have higher attendances than MK Dons, and only 4 lower. That puts them in the bottom 20% of support in their league. Even with a geographical advantage of their own, Dublin City would be widely predicted to be the worst supported team in the EL next year, whilst Longford are likely to be mid-table in the attendances league. So where's the comparison ???

Furthermore - all but one of the 4 teams in the English First Div with attendances lower than the Dirty Dons are within 10% of their average figure. The one which isn't is the geographically isolated Colchester United in Essex (who only have one neighbour within a 70 mile radius of them, and even that club is 45 miles away). Therefore, when you consider the uplift in attendances MK Dons get from being so handy for away fans, the evidence strongly suggests that they have the WORST home support in the league. Which makes the ongoing direct comparison between them and Continuity Home Farm all that more spookily accurate....

Colm
09/12/2005, 8:29 PM
Seery is a nasty little pr!ck and it's a disgrace that him and his pathetic "club" are being allowed to hold Irish football back. Here's another rant from him from 2 years ago.....

The game was marred by a disgraceful display by a minority of so called Cork `fans' who congregated behind Ryan's goal for the second half and hurled non-stop scurrilous abuse at the former Rovers netminder.

The abuse was so vile that Dublin City chairman Ronan Seery made a personal plea to desist but the morons simply turned their vengeful rant on Seery with some continuing to hurl a barrage of foul language after the game.

Said Seery: "I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots."

"We can accept defeat with grace on the field of play, but to single out an individual like they did and rant on in a very personal and individual way, was simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."

ThatGuy
09/12/2005, 8:39 PM
Seery is a nasty little pr!ck and it's a disgrace that him and his pathetic "club" are being allowed to hold Irish football back. Here's another rant from him from 2 years ago.....

The game was marred by a disgraceful display by a minority of so called Cork `fans' who congregated behind Ryan's goal for the second half and hurled non-stop scurrilous abuse at the former Rovers netminder.

The abuse was so vile that Dublin City chairman Ronan Seery made a personal plea to desist but the morons simply turned their vengeful rant on Seery with some continuing to hurl a barrage of foul language after the game.

Said Seery: "I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots."

"We can accept defeat with grace on the field of play, but to single out an individual like they did and rant on in a very personal and individual way, was simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."
He should invest in a rugby club rather than a football club then :rolleyes:

Lowlife scum for taunting a goalkeeper? Nonsense.

A face
09/12/2005, 8:42 PM
"Barry takes it up the nose" and he flipped out .... he was like Don Vito when he gets angry, you couldn't understand a word he is saying. One of the lads asked him to repeat what he said, to find out what he wanted and it was as if he commited a mortal sin. If the guy wont actually explain what he wants then how can he expect anyone to do anything about it. That journalist is one hell of a fiction writer, i'll give him that much.

A face
09/12/2005, 8:44 PM
DC have every right to exist - they just should not have been allowed into the Eircom League because the last thing the league needs is another Dublin team. But, as could be expected, in this country it's all about who you know.

I still cant understand why he wouldn't invest his money in a club that already existed ?? It would have made more sense.

pete
10/12/2005, 11:31 AM
With Seerys rants i now know why he didn't invest in dublin clubd & created his own. Hes clearly a lose cannon who needs tottal control. Couldn't imagine him having a discussion with other directors in a club...

dcfcsteve
10/12/2005, 1:03 PM
I still cant understand why he wouldn't invest his money in a club that already existed ?? It would have made more sense.

He did. Hence the 'Continuity Home Farm' moniker....

Cosmo
10/12/2005, 1:18 PM
"Barry takes it up the nose" and he flipped out

Does this mean cork supporters brought barry ryans personal life into it, shock horror, I thought the cork supporters didnt like us doing that ;)

Btw I was actually at that match and ryan did get dogs abuse/ slagging about what he did in his personal life, felt sorry for the chap cos id say he wasnt the only one in the ground that took it up the nose :D - very funny though :D

pineapple stu
10/12/2005, 1:28 PM
And it's absurd to say that they are closer to Longford than CHF in terms of attendances. 18 clubs in the English First division have higher attendances than MK Dons, and only 4 lower. That puts them in the bottom 20% of support in their league. Even with a geographical advantage of their own, Dublin City would be widely predicted to be the worst supported team in the EL next year, whilst Longford are likely to be mid-table in the attendances league. So where's the comparison ???
Actually, in the last three seasons, only UCD, Dublin City and UCD respectively have had lower attendances than Longford. And Sligo in the First Division this year had higher than them. So it's a perfect comparison.

Do that many away fans go to MK Dons games? I know they boycotted them when AFC were formed, which is why crowds dropped to below 1000. i can't imagine they're all now going to the games that they're MK Dons in Milton Keynes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong though - I've no time for MK Dons and regularly check AFC's progress.

I'd conclude here, but I've completely forgotten what the point of this whole debate was.:p

dcfcsteve
10/12/2005, 1:58 PM
Actually, in the last three seasons, only UCD, Dublin City and UCD respectively have had lower attendances than Longford. And Sligo in the First Division this year had higher than them. So it's a perfect comparison.

Do that many away fans go to MK Dons games? I know they boycotted them when AFC were formed, which is why crowds dropped to below 1000. i can't imagine they're all now going to the games that they're MK Dons in Milton Keynes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong though - I've no time for MK Dons and regularly check AFC's progress.

I'd conclude here, but I've completely forgotten what the point of this whole debate was.:p

Do Waterford really get bigger crowds than Longford ? And I'd be surprised if Drogheda or Bray's support was significantly better.

The boycott of MK Dons has essentially fizzled out, which was always going to be the way. It was mostly in force in season 2002/3, when the Dons were still playing at Selhurst awaiting their move to MK, and AFC were in their first season. Was great to see large groups of Brighton, Wolves etc fans travelling to London for their fixtures against Franchise FC, but then choosing to go to watch AFC instead. The true spirit of football.

I'm sure there's quite a few individuals who out of principle won't go to see the MK Dons, but time changes everything. There's still a lot of opposition within Supporters Direct to an application from MK Dons fans to join that body, and I'm not sure if they ever got accepted. Interestingly, AFC's view on this was indifference on whether they joined or not, as they treat them as a different club.

A face
10/12/2005, 3:03 PM
Does this mean cork supporters brought barry ryans personal life into it, shock horror, I thought the cork supporters didnt like us doing that ;)

Btw I was actually at that match and ryan did get dogs abuse/ slagging about what he did in his personal life, felt sorry for the chap cos id say he wasnt the only one in the ground that took it up the nose :D - very funny though :D

What did you think anyway ... Seery was as mad as a sack of badgers or not ??

Could you understand what language he was speaking in ??

Cosmo
10/12/2005, 4:18 PM
What did you think anyway ... Seery was as mad as a sack of badgers or not ??

Tbh I actually thought the abuse towards ryan was a bit ott - but in saying that I believe anything goes in football once its not violent or very very ropey slagging songs like singing about munich, abbeylara, etc, ye get my meaning.

I presume the cork fans who don't agree with people mentioning george o callaghans private life on here or on the terraces were disgusted by the behaviour of the cork fans that day :rolleyes: ?

However as regards seery. Despite what people think about dublin city as a club you have to respect seery - how much time, effort and money is he putting into an irish club? Fair play, if the league had more people doing that we'd be flying!!

harpskid
10/12/2005, 6:22 PM
Sneery is a ballbag of the highest calibre! I mind his cry of arbitration before our play off with Longford Town.

Kept the playoff on hold for weeks, with Harps having to pay wages for those few weeks.

Banner in Flancare "Football One - Cheats Nil" Fcuk you Sneery :mad:

Funny incident from that: I was in secondary school at the time and was in class when it was confirmed that the game would go ahead. Me mate was in a different class and went over the school intercom with a roar "The playoff's on...Woohoo!" :D :ball:

pineapple stu
10/12/2005, 11:22 PM
Do Waterford really get bigger crowds than Longford ? And I'd be surprised if Drogheda or Bray's support was significantly better.
Well, the best we can do is with the attendance thread here...

2005 -
UCD 653
Longford 1004
Harps 1347
Waterford 1513
Rovers 1539
Bray 1550
Drogheda 1682

2004 -
Dublin City 592
Longford 1131
Rovers 1349
Drogheda 1554

2003 (actual figurs are nonsense, but they should be in the same proportion) -
UCD 783
Longford 1586
Rovers, Drogheda 2038

Billy Lord
11/12/2005, 12:12 AM
As someone who is quoted as saying I hoped he dies screaming, I have total respect for Mr Seery and his DC enterprise. Despite having a minmal fanbase he has brought his club into the Premier Division yet again.
If a club with such a tiny fanbase can make the top division it says a lot about all the other clubs who continue to fail.
Fair play to Rocky, it's not his fault most clubs are badly-run piles of ****.

Dodge
11/12/2005, 12:30 AM
Because he's on a total ego trip.

Oh and Barry Ryan doesn't mind the abuse. In fact he thrives on it. Loves playing up to opposition fans and doesn't mind oursongs about his habits either :)

anto eile
11/12/2005, 6:22 PM

if dublin city are entitled to a place in the EL then if i start up a team with my mates then i should be entitled to enter the EL too. they have no history,no fans,no ground,no tradition.they havent earned the right to be i the EL.
for them to earn the right then they should have started at leinster football league div2 sunday and earned about 15 straight promotions before legitimately applying for a place in the EL.
they are a sham of a club/franchise

pete
11/12/2005, 7:52 PM
Waterfords attendances are heavily boosted by 3500 & 5000 local derby crowds. Probably adds 4-500 to their yearly average. Lomngford have no local rivalries so never get more than 2-300 away fans.

Macy
12/12/2005, 7:44 AM
if dublin city are entitled to a place in the EL then if i start up a team with my mates then i should be entitled to enter the EL too. they have no history,no fans,no ground,no tradition.they havent earned the right to be i the EL.
for them to earn the right then they should have started at leinster football league div2 sunday and earned about 15 straight promotions before legitimately applying for a place in the EL.
they are a sham of a club/franchise
Would you be suggesting that Dublin City were never elected to the league? That can't be right, surely....

dcfcsteve
12/12/2005, 12:31 PM
Would you be suggesting that Dublin City were never elected to the league? That can't be right, surely....

Well they weren't ! They just took-over/assumed the Home Farm slot when that club wanted out of senior football. Nothing about the 2 clubs was the same - bar the league slot. It'd be like Derry City leaving the league, but Institute magically taking our place. It should've been up to the league to decide such changes - not characters like Seery in smoke-filled back-rooms

Hence the 'Continuity Home Farm' name....

pineapple stu
12/12/2005, 12:34 PM
Sarcasm, Steve, sarcasm. Wouldn't be a Macy post without it!

Éanna
12/12/2005, 12:56 PM
Not to mention some of the **** he came out with about City fans. The man is an absolute prat of the highest order.

dcfcsteve
12/12/2005, 12:57 PM
Sarcasm, Steve, sarcasm. Wouldn't be a Macy post without it!

Jeez guys - there's a whole raft of smileys along the right-hand side of the page for a reason you know...!

(Mostly to stop me from looking stupid when I respond to posts..... :D )

A face
12/12/2005, 3:45 PM
Not to mention some of the **** he came out with about City fans. The man is an absolute prat of the highest order.

That mightn't be entirely correct, i mean no one actually understood any of what he was trying to say, he could have been praising City fans for all we know !! :eek: :D :p

Maynard
12/12/2005, 5:27 PM

Athnionn ciarog, ciarog eile mar a deirtear:rolleyes:

A face
12/12/2005, 11:57 PM

What say what now ??

Éanna
13/12/2005, 3:31 PM
why don't you go support a real football club while you're at it?