PDA

View Full Version : Galway Junior Soccer 2005/06

gnasher
08/12/2005, 11:40 AM
Just to let ye Westport boys know,Corrib Rangers did not play well against ye last sunday and they will lift their game this sunday a lot more and the pitch is in very good condition at the moment

Just to let ye Mercenaries know, we're a real football team made up of local lads not a bunch of Galway united rejects with something to prove. Keep the scare tactics for someone who gives a ***

If your such a Corrib fan, why don't you start a thread on Galway Junior soccer? God knows it's needed. Don't be hijacking ours!

FahyForever
09/12/2005, 11:13 AM
Just to let ye Mercenaries know, we're a real football team made up of local lads not a ***.

If your such a Corrib fan, why don't you start a thread on Galway Junior soccer? God knows it's needed. Don't be hijacking ours!

I find myself, not for the first time, agreeing with Swinford; Why resort to this sort of nonsense? Gnasher, that Galway lad was not being smart with you, he merely stated that he felt Corrib were not at their best and that their pitch was sound. There's no need for such hysterical reactions! You did the same to me when I was just making harmless passing comments on Westport's B team, most of whom I know well! As some other's said, let the football do the talking, it's not as if Westport are not well capable of beating anyone! All the best on Sunday, I hope ye do it.

the 12 th man
09/12/2005, 11:28 AM
In case anybody's wondering,I've put these 2 posts in here to kick-start this thread.

gnasher
09/12/2005, 11:41 AM
I find myself, not for the first time, agreeing with Swinford; Why resort to this sort of nonsense? Gnasher, that Galway lad was not being smart with you, he merely stated that he felt Corrib were not at their best and that their pitch was sound. There's no need for such hysterical reactions! You did the same to me when I was just making harmless passing comments on Westport's B team, most of whom I know well! As some other's said, let the football do the talking, it's not as if Westport are not well capable of beating anyone! All the best on Sunday, I hope ye do it.

Gentlemen,
You join this forum of your own free will, you post what you want (within reason) when you want and to who you want. Enough said. As long as I don't attack the poster I follow the general rules above. It is a forum and it is digital so there's no chance of fisticuffs, just general verbal handbags. I thought thats what discussion was all about.
Sorry to be going off topic Mod but I can't put up with this 'do-gooder' nonsense.

Seeing as I'm being credited with starting this thread;

Anyone any thoughts on Galway Junior soccer?
Is it cold in Galway these nights for training?
Where's the best pub for after match egg mayo sandwiches and tae?

gazza2
09/12/2005, 12:07 PM
So gnasher are you going to the Rangers - Westport game on sunday??? It should be a fantastic game as both teams have a lot of quality and i think a single goal might do it again........it'll be a tough one to call as to wins it

As for Galway soccer - the standard has improved an awful lot this season and the games are entertaining to watch

swinfordfc
09/12/2005, 12:09 PM
So gnasher are you going to the Rangers - Westport game on sunday??? It should be a fantastic game as both teams have a lot of quality and i think a single goal might do it again........it'll be a tough one to call as to wins it

As for Galway soccer - the standard has improved an awful lot this season and the games are entertaining to watch

Who will win the premier division in galway gazza2?

gazza2
09/12/2005, 12:13 PM

gazza2
09/12/2005, 12:14 PM
it will be a 3 horse race between Rangers,Athenry & Mervue......its very tough to call but Rangers are in pole position at the moment

swinfordfc
09/12/2005, 12:14 PM

Stpo repeating yourself gazza2 once is a enough :)

gazza2
09/12/2005, 12:20 PM
Sorry now Swinford - typing error!!!!!

The Don
09/12/2005, 12:20 PM
Having watched Athenry and Mervue this season, Corrib must be a damn fine team.

Terry
09/12/2005, 12:23 PM
it will be a 3 horse race between Rangers,Athenry & Mervue......its very tough to call but Rangers are in pole position at the moment

Being a former player I would like to say Rangers but it will be hard to beat Athenry or Mervue.

Terry
09/12/2005, 12:24 PM
Having watched Athenry and Mervue this season, Corrib must be a damn fine team.

theres 2 teams under the corrib name, celtic and rangers !!!!:eek: :)

The Don
09/12/2005, 12:28 PM
Only one of them top of the league though!

gnasher
09/12/2005, 1:32 PM

I think they're letting me out, i have a fence cutters and plan B if they don't. Should be a class game alright, hope the weather does'nt play hell.

I must catch a Galway Junior game the next time I'm down for a cranial examination, will someone post a few fixtures so I can choose?

Years ago, when I was playing underage, all Galway teams were way ahead of us although we won the odd time. The set-up up there seems to be light years ahead than some Mayo sides, Westport included.

renovater
10/12/2005, 8:57 PM
Just to let ye Mercenaries know, we're a real football team made up of local lads not a bunch of Galway united rejects with something to prove. Keep the scare tactics for someone who gives a ***

Well there is an old saying once bitten twice shy,
And I mean Westport won’t be shy. There record to date reads that they have only been beaten once by any team the teams they lost to were Ballyheane Away Castlebar Celtic at home in the league. Snugboro away in the cup with a weaken team. Corrib Rangers in the Conn Cup last week. So if Corrib were to do the double they would in fact be the first over the last two seasons. Which I serious doubt. There management structure won’t allow failure they will be remind the players of the defeat last time out, they will be up for it because they will defending there Crown Come the Coveys

Conor H
11/12/2005, 1:22 PM
Ive watched a few junior games this year and have seen Corrib Rangers play....they didn't impress me that much tbh.I hope to god they don't win the league but from what ive heard they're flying at the moment.Don't want Mervue to win so Athenry can hopefully sustain a serious challenge.

renovater
11/12/2005, 9:43 PM
the way Athenry took Ballyheane apart you could be right, then again i believe some of the Ballyheane players were painting the town Red good luck to Athenry
is the huring on a downer

gnasher
12/12/2005, 7:18 PM

Well Gazza how are the Corrib camp feeling today? Was that a close one or what?

I hope ye take the Connacht honours this year, ye have a fine team and should fear no-one.

Frazer Digby
19/12/2005, 2:26 PM
Whats the word with Galway Hibs this year. Anyone got the low down on what to expect from them in the fai?

gazza2
19/12/2005, 3:42 PM
well gnasher......ya last week was as close a game as i have seen in a long while.2 excellent teams playing on a terrible day in Galway but by heck didnt they give us a great game to watch
hopefully now they do win the Conn cup and i really hope Westport do the irish cup now again