PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Loose

finlma
09/12/2005, 9:37 AM
Having only returned to Ireland in the last few months I've only recently got into the Republic of Loose. I have to say that they are a brilliant band. The most original and refreshing music to come out of Ireland in a long long time.

Looking forward to the new album.

Drumcondra Red
09/12/2005, 5:45 PM
Excellent band, really shine when playing live!!

M@ttitude
10/12/2005, 2:24 AM
Yeah their pretty cool.. Love affair with fm104!

jorge
10/12/2005, 3:14 PM
Very catchy.

twoenz
15/12/2005, 1:35 AM
As pointed out they're a great live band. Seen them supporting the Zutons in Belfast, and then went to see them in Liverpool last year. It was only me and the soundmen, but they still put on a great show.

Nempton
15/12/2005, 6:05 PM
I must be the only who seems to think that they are crap, I've seen them a couple of times now in Limerick and I haven't been impressed once plus the lead singer is nothing more than a kn0b. Now the Zutons are a great band, put on a brilliant show recently in Limerick.

anto1208
16/12/2005, 10:05 AM
I must be the only who seems to think that they are crap, I've seen them a couple of times now in Limerick and I haven't been impressed once plus the lead singer is nothing more than a kn0b. Now the Zutons are a great band, put on a brilliant show recently in Limerick.

nope your not the only one , ive never thought they were up to much ,poor nerd rip off

sligoman
30/04/2006, 8:26 PM
Are these any good? They are playing in Sligo soon.

CollegeTillIDie
30/04/2006, 9:09 PM
Well their new album is called "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh" which at least shows they have a sense of humour. They are influenced by American soul music sort of in the Daryl Hall and John Oates/Average White Band mode. The lead singer may well be a nob , but they are reasonably good in that mode. Whether you like that mode or not is entirely a matter for your own taste!

And yes I know AWB are mostly from Scotland.

Drumcondra Red
01/05/2006, 5:33 PM
Saw them support Ian Brown last night, once again, fcuking deadly!!!

noby
02/05/2006, 7:49 AM
Surely the lead singer being a nob is a prerequisit for any band.

Risteard
02/05/2006, 8:36 AM
So you went to the Zutons/Loose gig in Dolans?
Me too.
Think they're equally good really.
Both have good tunes and while the Zutons may be a bit clean and poppy, the Republic o Loose might be a bit too much of an image.

finlma
02/05/2006, 12:51 PM
The new album is top quality. The best Irish album for a long time.

Him being a nob is all part of the image - leave him to it I say.

They do a great live show too - saw them in Roisin Dubhs lately.

superfrank
26/07/2007, 8:21 PM
I got around to buying the new album and I think it's pretty good. Nice funky grooves mixed with rock, good mix. Your man seems to be a bit annoying but I'd say it's part of the act. Class album and easily the best Irish band in my books.

TonyD
26/07/2007, 9:10 PM
nope your not the only one , ive never thought they were up to much ,poor nerd rip off

Me three. I think they're rubbish, from what I've heard of them. The singer is certainly a tosser, and he can't sing.

Lionel Ritchie
28/07/2007, 4:32 PM
They're really not my thing at all but I do like to see locally produced new independent music doing well here -especially when it's not predicated on UK or other overseas acceptance. I think it shows a maturity and confidence we're not as yet renowned for.

sadloserkid
28/07/2007, 10:14 PM
Me three. I think they're rubbish, from what I've heard of them. The singer is certainly a tosser, and he can't sing.

And now we are four. :D

Magicme
29/07/2007, 2:05 PM
They are playing the Monaghan Jazz & Blues Festival this Sept.

RogerMilla
20/08/2007, 10:52 AM
i think they are brilliant , cant wait to see them live .

Soko
20/08/2007, 4:37 PM
The lead singer really is a bell end

superfrank
19/05/2008, 4:53 PM
New album out. What do the fans on here think?

I think it's both better and worse then Aaagh!. They've gone funkier but some of the songs are a bit poor and how could they do a song with Sinéad O'Connor?

A face
31/10/2009, 7:25 PM
To be honest, they were always just there for me, and i haven't seen them live yet but we you look at all the other home grown stuff around at the moment (dare i say the last while, 2-3 years) they are a breath of fresh air. Your man is a complete ka-nobb but i could list countless acts with the same failing.

Have to say i'm liking alot of their stuff now, not everything mind but hey