PDA

View Full Version : The Cafe

finlma
09/12/2005, 9:28 AM
Anyone seen this on RTE2 - its an awful amateur production. Shakey camera work and the presenters don't seem to have a clue. The blonde one asked Jack Charlton some really stupid questions and he basically ignored her.

There was also text message beeps going off at random intervals - I don't know if this was on purpose or someone had a phone left on. There was some stupid bird walking around taking orders from people and giving out prizes.

Maz
09/12/2005, 9:30 AM
Anyone seen this on RTE2 - its an awful amateur production. Shakey camera work and the presenters don't seem to have a clue. The blonde one asked Jack Charlton some really stupid questions and he basically ignored her.

There was also text message beeps going off at random intervals - I don't know if this was on purpose or someone had a phone left on. There was some stupid bird walking around taking orders from people and giving out prizes.
The txt message beeps is to show that txts are coming in for Jack Charlton as in questions. The questions they ask come in from the kids who watch the programme. Being a cafe they actually make the studio audience coffee and the likes. Prizes go to people who txt in or ask a question in the audience.

All in all a crap show. Only good thing is Mr. Aidan Power

superfrank
09/12/2005, 9:36 AM
I don't mind the blonde one, Laura Woods isn't it?

I guess the show is pretty ****e. Republic of Loose were good last night though.

finlma
09/12/2005, 9:39 AM
I don't mind the blonde one, Laura Woods isn't it?

I guess the show is pretty ****e. Republic of Loose were good last night though.

She's fit but not very good at her job.

ROL were excellent. I just posted about them on the music forum - great band.

Maz
09/12/2005, 9:40 AM
She's fit but not very good at her job.

ROL were excellent. I just posted about them on the music forum - great band.
She used to present ID2 and she was just as bad at that too, She sounds so forced and fake when presenting

Gareth
09/12/2005, 10:12 AM
She completely wrecks my head. She is beyond belief annoying. She has no knowledge of most things she interviews people about and when she thinks she does she labours on that one point and its generally the most common fact about the topic. RTE hired a bunch of young people and maybe kids like them but they all seem like a bunch of kids let loose in the creative department of RTE and the resulting shows are totally amateur and embarrassing.

Tenderloins
09/12/2005, 1:21 PM
She is woeful. TG4 is where the best female presenters are!!

Kingdom
09/12/2005, 1:36 PM
Its like this, she'd get one. End of story.

Peadar
09/12/2005, 1:43 PM

See Totty Watch. ;)

ollie
09/12/2005, 2:19 PM

short and to the point.i like your style:cool:

declan hide
13/12/2005, 12:40 PM

are you basing your judgement of the cafe against another programme?

the questions to jack had to be general for consumption by a general audience. it wasnt football focus or the like.the interview was done to keep all parties interested...not just football fans.

the shakey camera work is down to the fact tripods aint used. this enbales the camera ppl to move around the studio and vary their shots.

finlma
13/12/2005, 1:31 PM
are you basing your judgement of the cafe against another programme?

Just basing it on the fact that everything about the show looked very amateur - poorly put together.