PDA

View Full Version : Salthill Devon end stakehold in United

Terry
08/12/2005, 11:17 AM
Following discussions between the Board of Salthill Devon FC and the Board of Galway United, Salthill Devon FC has today agreed to hand over all of its shareholding to the directors of Galway United......www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Terry
08/12/2005, 11:19 AM
I would just like to say thank you to salthill devon for there assistance in keeping senior football in Galway (even though I never believed a word they told me!!!) and wish them all the success in junior football.

Conor H
08/12/2005, 11:23 AM
I persume we will still use Drom to train in..yes?:confused:

Risteard
08/12/2005, 11:31 AM
Are ye delighted with that so?
Was there not a rumoured name-change a while back there to Galway Salthill Devon or something like that?

Conor H
08/12/2005, 11:39 AM
Was there not a rumoured name-change a while back there to Galway Salthill Devon or something like that?
Ya there was a couple of rumours going around that we would be calld Galway Devon or something but thank god that never came about.It doesn't bother me too much...i mean as long as we still can use Drom.(state of the art training facilities)

Patrick Dunne
08/12/2005, 12:49 PM
We currently still have the use of Drom for training.

There is still a lot of work to be done. The club should be vested in the community through the Galway FA, the Supporters Trust and other interested parties who are committed to the longterm development of Galway United FC.

Terry
08/12/2005, 12:51 PM

Of course we are happy, we want the club as a single entity and not to be governed by another clubs directors. The name change was a worry but turned out to be rumours in the end, thank god!

As far as training in the drom, of coarse! They are not going to stop taking our money for using it!!

geezer
08/12/2005, 2:15 PM
They were there to save us when we needed them and they always acted with Honesty and integrity. They also saved senior football in Galway and have contributed hugely to the people of Galway with the facilities in Drom.

I wish them well and thank them for their efforts

finlma
08/12/2005, 2:37 PM
The pitches in Drom are fantastic. Play there a good bit myself.

Red4Eva
08/12/2005, 8:18 PM
The pitches in Drom are fantastic. Play there a good bit myself.

same here

A face
14/12/2005, 8:27 PM
So what will happen now .... any word from the club on this ??

It all sound good anyway .... hope Galway are putting structures in place so they can stay in the premier league long term.

Conor H
14/12/2005, 8:39 PM
How do you mean?What will happen with what?The club will carry on as normal there will be no changes whatsoever AFAIK bar a couple of board members heading back with Salthill.We will continue to use Drom.

A face
15/12/2005, 12:20 AM
How do you mean?What will happen with what?The club will carry on as normal there will be no changes whatsoever AFAIK bar a couple of board members heading back with Salthill.We will continue to use Drom.

I was thinking with the old board taking the reigns again, there would be some sort of mission statement or indication of intent .... i dunno .... just a "we are back and we'll be doing X, Y and Z"

Terry
15/12/2005, 7:52 AM
The board that was in place before salthill left is the same board there is now. None of them are assosiated(sp?) with salthill, except for maybe being supporters. GALWAY UNITED FC ARE GOING NOWHERE EXCEPT UP !!!!:D

Happy days are here again but its going to take a lot of effort from one and all to keep it going in the right direction.