PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season Friendlies

Pages : [1] 2

Terry
08/12/2005, 11:14 AM
Just seen there on the sligo forum we are playing them in a friendly on the 25th of February in the showgrounds.

sligoman
08/12/2005, 9:32 PM
Just seen there on the sligo forum we are playing them in a friendly on the 25th of February in the showgrounds.Wonder will Oliver Davey still be there by then?:eek: I'm sure he'll welcome ye anyway:rolleyes::D.

Conor H
16/12/2005, 3:59 PM
Was told last night were playing Shels at home on Feb 4.(confirmed AFAIK)
Also Cork are apparently coming down aswell.Anyone else hear this?

De Town
16/12/2005, 6:27 PM
Also Cork are apparently coming down aswell.Anyone else hear this?
can they go any further down or has Galway been relocated:confused: ;)

Conor H
17/12/2005, 6:17 PM
Players are going to wycome in Feb.

thanatos80
19/12/2005, 4:45 AM
It would be awesome if GUFC could make a trip to Seattle for a preseason friendly with the Sounders. Give our two supporters groups a chance to get together.

Conor H
20/12/2005, 3:39 PM
Shamrock Rovers at home in Feb aswell AFAIK.They're going to Drom for a week and were playing them at the end of it.

Eire06
20/12/2005, 3:44 PM
So the friendlies so far are

Shels 4th Feb Home
Sligo 25th Feb Away
Wycome Wanderers ?? Feb Away
Shams ??Feb Home
And Cork too...

Going to be a busy February.. :)
How many of the above have been confirmed

Conor H
20/12/2005, 4:03 PM
....Just not the dates for Cork and Shams.I was told that Cork was a mid week game.

Patrick Dunne
20/12/2005, 5:05 PM
won't be against the home side, but a regional UK team with a high media profile.

Just been told that the Shamrock Rovers friendly is off, at the request of the Dublin side.

NY Hoop
20/12/2005, 5:27 PM
won't be against the home side, but a regional UK team with a high media profile.

Just been told that the Shamrock Rovers friendly is off, at the request of the Dublin side.

Shame that. Well we'll be down anyhow during the season. And PD I'll buy some of those lotto tickets. Was profitable last time!:D

KOH

Conor H
20/12/2005, 5:28 PM
Im delighted we won't be playing Shams in a friendly.Im not in favour of teams in the same league playing each other before the season starts.Also we already have friendlies against 2 very good teams and Sligo,not forgetting the trip to wycome to play another strong side.

Patrick Dunne
20/12/2005, 5:28 PM
We'll be up to you too NY Hoop.

Santry or Tolka ?

Conor H
20/12/2005, 5:30 PM
I think they're playing in tolka this year PD.See here (http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=32172)

Patrick Dunne
20/12/2005, 5:36 PM
We're having a conversation, young man. Don't interrupt :mad:

exiled_gufc_fan
21/12/2005, 6:13 AM

Excellent. Easy for me to get to at least!! :D :D :D

NY Hoop
21/12/2005, 10:53 AM
We're having a conversation, young man. Don't interrupt :mad:

Yeah dont interrupt especially when you dont know our name.

Anyway PD the decision has not been made as of yet but will keep you informed. A certain club are begging us to play at their ground though! Guess who? Here's a hint. They think they are a big club.:D

KOH

sligoman
21/12/2005, 11:05 AM
Here's a hint. They think they are a big club.:D Ye'd hardly play in Cork would ye?:confused: :rolleyes:

Raheny Red
29/12/2005, 4:59 PM
Pre-season friendlies against Limerick (Away), Galway (Away) and Shamrock Rover (Home) have been arranged. Dates will follow shortly.

Shels Web (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=218)

Conor H
29/12/2005, 8:36 PM
Ya playing yee on Feb 4 as mentioned.

**Edit-According to the shelsweb its on Feb 3...which is a Friday and sounds more realistic.

Terry
03/01/2006, 10:07 AM
So, any more friendlies confirmed over the holiday period?

galwaygirl
03/01/2006, 2:31 PM
The game in Wycombe won't be against the home side, but a regional UK team with a high media profile.
Does anyone know what the story is with this trip? Is it still on?:confused:

Patrick Dunne
04/01/2006, 12:12 PM
as a home friendly on Saturday March 4th.

Ireland Schoolboys will play Scotland in Terryland on Friday 10th March.

Cork City have agreed to play a friendly in mid-February, put this date will not be finalised until the Setanta Cup fixture list is released.

RC.

Patrick Dunne
05/01/2006, 8:28 AM
will be against FC United of Manchester, in Wycombe on Sunday 12th February.

Stephen Lallys team will be based in the UK town from Friday 10th to Sunday 12th. It is approx. 30 miles from London.

FC United are a supporters breakaway club from Manchester United FC. Their average attendances are between 2,000 - 5,000.

GUST are sponsoring the trip for the squad and management. It is expected that supporters will travel separately.

GUST are holding an open meeting upstairs in Fibber Magees, Eyre Square on Tuesday 10th January to discuss :
(A) Fundraising to cover sponsorship of trip
(B) Supporters travel

All interested in going to Wycombe, and all members, asked to attend.

PD.

Conor H
05/01/2006, 9:20 AM
Does this mean our first league game will be away?

galwaygirl
05/01/2006, 3:25 PM
Galway United faces Shelbourne on the 3rd of February in Terryland Park, 7.30 kick-off.

Patrick Dunne
06/01/2006, 4:49 PM
should be away. The FAIS have requested the use of Terryland and the assistance of Galway United FC on Friday 10th March.

GUFC have requested to the EL that therefore our first game be away, to avoid a fixture clash. Our first home game would then be on St Patricks Day :D

Patrick Dunne
06/01/2006, 5:48 PM
as Tuesday 14th February, Terryland Park, 7.30pm.

Conor H
06/01/2006, 6:03 PM
Feck it anyway....i was hoping our first game of the season would be at home.Not much of a difference,i just thought it would have been better to open the season in Terryland.

GalwayFrancis
06/01/2006, 8:47 PM
Our first home game would then be on St Patricks Day :D

nice, that means the first edition of the Tribal Bible will be a green, Paddy's Day edition.
Anyone that would like to write up an article, has a funny pic or would like to get somewhat involded in the fanzine, pelase contact me at galwayfrancis@gmail.com. Have got a few articles so far, but need alot more.

sligoman
06/01/2006, 10:34 PM
Feck it anyway....i was hoping our first game of the season would be at home.Not much of a difference,i just thought it would have been better to open the season in Terryland.Yeah but now ye can all get p!ssed in Terryland cos it's Paddy's day too!:D.

Terry
09/01/2006, 8:21 AM
OK!

The FC United game is on behind closed doors, so there is no point in going over. The shels friendly is on the same time as a wedding Im going too and the cork friendly is on valentines day and there is no way the missus is going to let me go to that!

IM I GOING TO SEE UNITED PLAY A PRESEASON MATCH AT ALL???????????

Conor H
09/01/2006, 1:12 PM
Ya Terry dont worry.
You'll be able to see us play the mighty Longford and Sligo Rovers(even though maye not caus sligo is away)
I think there is talk of Bohs coming aswell.

Patrick Dunne
09/01/2006, 2:42 PM
Longford in Terryland 4th March
Bohemians in Terryland 17th/18th February

Four home friendlies against Premier opposition. Remember , season ticket holders get in for free - an added incentive to buy your season tickets this month.

The FC United game is "behind closed doors" - I presume in the same way that a friendly in Drom is "behind closed doors". Nothing to stop Lals Army attending, I'd imagine. Won't be going myself, though, someone has to mind the house:p

colblimp
09/01/2006, 9:19 PM
OK!

The FC United game is on behind closed doors, so there is no point in going over. The shels friendly is on the same time as a wedding Im going too and the cork friendly is on valentines day and there is no way the missus is going to let me go to that!

IM I GOING TO SEE UNITED PLAY A PRESEASON MATCH AT ALL???????????

Blimey, my missus is letting me come up from Cork to see the Valentines Day game. You want to be having serious words with her! Football comes first, tell her that. Then, kick her into touch! You know it makes sense.:D

Terry
10/01/2006, 7:16 AM
Blimey, my missus is letting me come up from Cork to see the Valentines Day game. You want to be having serious words with her! Football comes first, tell her that. Then, kick her into touch! You know it makes sense.:D

Its a different story when ye work different shifts and the time off ye do get together is minding the baby ! At least its only a friendly, cant wait for the season to start:)

galwaygirl
10/01/2006, 8:20 AM
Four home friendlies against Premier opposition. Remember , season ticket holders get in for free - an added incentive to buy your season tickets this month.

PD, was just wondering about those who availed of the 3 year standing order season ticket offer, last year or the year before. Will we have our season tickets sent out to us before these friendlies?

Guitd
10/01/2006, 10:42 PM
with all these home friendlys as well as all the galway & district league games
will the pitch not be in poor condition for the start of the season,i heard that between xmas and paddys day there are about 15 games as well as our friendlys lined up seem lake a bit much this time of year

Terry
11/01/2006, 7:35 AM
Im sure that if there was a problem that Noel Connolly would have made his opinion known, and GUFC would have played the friendlies away from terryland. The man is a genius when it comes to looking after the grounds.:)

Patrick Dunne
11/01/2006, 12:13 PM
will be posted out before first friendly against Shelbourne on Friday 3rd February.

Season ticket holders will have free entry to four friendlies against Premier sides - make sure you have bought your ticket by the end of the month.

All those who pay via standing order will have their tickets before Shels game and will also be included in the draw for Liverpool vs Manchester United tickets, plus any subsequent draws.

galwaygirl
11/01/2006, 2:38 PM
All those who pay via standing order will have their tickets before Shels game and will also be included in the draw for Liverpool vs Manchester United tickets, plus any subsequent draws.

Cheers PD

Conor H
24/01/2006, 9:31 PM
PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

Sat 21st Jan
Dublin City v Kildare & District League, ALSAA, 12pm

Weds 25th Jan
Institute of Technology Tallaght v Shamrock Rovers, St James’ Gate, 7.30pm

Thurs 26th Jan
Dundalk v Shelbourne, Oriel Park, 7.30pm

Sat Jan 28th
Limerick v Shelbourne, Hogan Park, 5.30pm

Tues 31st Jan
Crumlin United v Shamrock Rovers, Pearse Park, 8.30pm

Fri 3rd Feb
Galway Utd. v Shelbourne, Terryland Park, 7.30pm
Limerick v Dublin City, Hogan Park, 7.45pm

Sat 4th Feb
Longford Town v Athlone Town, Flancare Park, 7.30pm

Wed 8th Feb
Longford Town v Shamrock Rovers, Flancare Park, 8pm

Thurs 9th Feb
Dundalk v St. Patrick's Athletic, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Fri 10th Feb
Athlone Town v Bohemians, Golden Island Park, 7.30pm

Sun 12th Feb
FC United v Galway Utd, (venue: Wycombe Wanderers’ training ground), ko TBC

Tue 14th Feb
Galway Utd. v Cork City, Terryland Park, 7.30pm
Dundalk v Drogheda United, Oriel Park, 7.45pm (Jim Malone Trophy)
Shelbourne v Shamrock Rovers, Tolka Park, 8pm

Weds Feb 15th
St Patrick’s Athletic v Finn Harps, Richmond Park, 7.45pm

Fri 17th Feb
Galway Utd v Bohemians, Terryland Park, 7.30pm
St Patrick’s Athletic v Kildare County, Richmond Park, 7.45pm

Sat 18th Feb
Cork City v Finn Harps, Bishopstown, 12pm

Sun 19th Feb
Athlone Town v Dublin City, Golden Island Park, 2.30pm

Thurs 23rd Feb
Dundalk v Longford Town, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Fri Feb 24th
St Patrick’s Athletic v Shamrock Rovers, Richmond Park, 7.45pm

Sat 25th Feb
Sligo Rovers v Galway Utd, Sligo Showgrounds, ko TBC
Athlone Town v UCD, Golden Island Park, 7.30pm
Dundalk v Dublin City, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Tue 28th Feb
Longford Town v Limerick, Flancare Park, 7.45pm

Thurs 2nd Mar
Dundalk v Bohemians, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Fri 3rd March
Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers, Finn Park, 7.45pm
St Patrick’s Athletic v Limerick, Richmond Park, 7.45pm

Sat 4th March
Galway Utd v Longford Town, Terryland Park, 3pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Does this mean our friendly v Sligo is cancelled? Weren't we meant to play them on Feb 25.

Patrick Dunne
24/01/2006, 10:41 PM
should be going ahead. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.

sligoman
24/01/2006, 10:47 PM
should be going ahead. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.Same here, the game is definitely still on for the 25th afaik.

Conor, where did you get that list of fixtures? If it's off Aertel then it's no shock that they made a mistake in missing some games:rolleyes:. Elevenaside didn't have it up either until I told them.

GalwayFrancis
24/01/2006, 11:27 PM
list updated - anyone know what time the match kick's off at?

Terry
25/01/2006, 7:24 AM
list updated - anyone know what time the match kick's off at?

If its the sligo match your talking about, it kicks off at 3pm.

Patrick Dunne
25/01/2006, 12:56 PM
It kicks off if we score the first goal and Oliver Davey is in the vicinity :D

Red4Eva
28/01/2006, 4:23 PM
for our game against ye there's gonna be 4 20minutes places(2 in either half)in the team up for sale to the general public.

Terry
30/01/2006, 7:09 AM
for our game against ye there's gonna be 4 20minutes places(2 in either half)in the team up for sale to the general public.

Would I be allowed to play in goals if I play for rovers?;) :D

Red4Eva
30/01/2006, 3:31 PM
Would I be allowed to play in goals if I play for rovers?;) :D

you must be confident that ye'll beat us so. by all means ur welcome to contact&fork out money that will keep us in da premier