PDA

View Full Version : Schaefer - we must beat Ireland

Pablo
13/05/2002, 5:11 PM
Schaefer - we must beat Ireland

Patrick Mboma - struggling to make the Cameroon squad.
Winifred Schaefer is predicting a successful World Cup for Cameroon and he wants his players to start the tournament with a bang and a win over Ireland.

"Cameroon is a wonderful team. Our objective is to go as far as possible. But we must win the first match (against Ireland) just as the 1990 squad did against Argentina in Italy."

"If we play concentrated, total football and feel positive, we should have no problem winning the first matches and proceeding to the next round."

Schaefer is concerned about Patrick Mboma who is struggling with a range of injuries, the worst a problem with his heel.

"Mboma is very important for the team. We hope he recovers quickly and is part of the 23 that will be heading for Japan and Korea," the German coach said.

Team captain Captain Rigobert Song is ready to chase his dream: “Everybody is in good shape. We are fully mobilised for the World Cup, and we hope for something extraordinary. The team is solid, each time we come together we play like a family. Everybody wants to give the best of himself," Song said.

"In the world of soccer, everything is possible. So we are ready to go as far as possible and why not win the cup?"

Pablo
13/05/2002, 5:12 PM
Very dismissive isnt it? i hope the lads read that...even more of a spur for us to kick their arses

pete
13/05/2002, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Schaefer is concerned about Patrick Mboma who is struggling with a range of injuries, the worst a problem with his heel.

I wonder did one of the many irish at Sunderland give him a stronger than required ankle tap? ;)

btw better for managers to keep shut as only spurs the opposition on & gives ammo for their manager to motivate them.

Pablo
13/05/2002, 6:24 PM
If you look at the UK press and our own we seem to be down for a good chance of getting through...but the continental and African opinion has totally diregarded us. At thier peril....i honestly belive we could top the group.

The Legend
16/05/2002, 1:33 AM
Although i may eat my words... i dont see any that Cameroon having any threatening players.

Mboma? we have more Sunderland donkeys then they do...!

JeanieBaby
16/05/2002, 5:09 PM
ya,but did ye c d African Nations Cup earlier this yr? Cameroon looked like daycent side. But then again,that could have been a reflection on the opposition