PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

pineapple stu
07/12/2005, 9:01 PM
No, none from us yet. A couple of former UCD players have moved though (shows how quiet things are lately...)

Terry Palmer, James Keddy and Shay Kelly have all been released by Bohs. I think they were all part of the 1994/95 promotion team?
Rob Dunne has gone from Bray back to Dundalk.
Talk of Robbie Doyle being released by Pat's and moving back to Bray?
Kieran Foley released by Rovers.

ihatejam
07/12/2005, 11:34 PM
did someone mention on another post that we were linked with joey ndo n alan "scumbag" reynolds?anything materialise from that?any names even in the rumour mill?

Poor Student
07/12/2005, 11:34 PM
Are you touting these as possible signings or just making note of ex-players?

pineapple stu
08/12/2005, 12:23 PM
Nope, just noting ex-players. It being quiet and all.

Forgot about Cawley, who has been released by Shels of course. The Indo (I think) carried a report that Drogheda are to release four players, including Mark Rooney.

In actual transfer rumours, though, there's a post on the Pat's board saying they've signed Anto Murphy. Also, Tony Mac wants away. :D

Poor Student
08/12/2005, 2:06 PM
Actually I'd take Keady for left back and Palmer or Aido Lynch (yes again!) for experienced central defensive cover which was sorely lacking for the 2nd half of last season. Tony Mac wanting away is utterly laughable. I'd say Murphy is staying too.

ihatejam
08/12/2005, 3:34 PM
it would appear the Murphy transfer is a done deal:mad: But in some better news it would appear Alan McNally is staying,Cork could not fulfill his wage demands I rekon!!!!

Schumi
08/12/2005, 4:23 PM
I'd take... Palmer... for experienced central defensive cover
Palmer is past it I think. We do need some cover though alright.

pineapple stu
08/12/2005, 7:53 PM
Keddy would be interesting. Good left winger (or he was anyway) - one position we were short this season with Micko at left-back and Robbie/Damo/Podge at left wing at various stages. Plus wouldn't mind signing one player with experience a la Hanrahan/Mooney/Swan.

pineapple stu
08/12/2005, 8:23 PM
Batman's signed for Dundalk.

John83
08/12/2005, 8:39 PM
Batman's signed for Dundalk.
That's Phillip Hughes for the non-psychic people out there. :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 10:11 AM
Tuesday's Mirror says Pat's have confirmed the signing of Anto Murphy.

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 12:25 PM
Mark Rooney has re-signed for Dublin City.

John83
09/12/2005, 3:23 PM
Mark Rooney has re-signed for Dublin City.
Well Doolo can't claim we didn't warn him Rooney was ****e. :D

pineapple stu
09/12/2005, 4:37 PM
Actually, if you dig up the original "Rooney's gone" thread, I think schumi was a bit disappointed he was gone. Thought he had potential or some such! :D

pineapple stu
10/12/2005, 1:38 PM
Dundalk have signed Aidan Lynch and Neil Gallagher. Gally's moving on loan. I would imagine this means Quigley is definitely staying.

John83
12/12/2005, 11:52 AM
Dundalk have signed Aidan Lynch and Neil Gallagher. Gally's moving on loan. I would imagine this means Quigley is definitely staying.
Would have to assume so, unless we're talking with Shay Kelly, which I doubt. I'd ask who the U21s keeper is and if he's any good, only we'll probably sign someone else on the scholarship anyway!

We could have used Lynch, as someone else said, but if he's gone to Dundalk, I'm guessing he wouldn't have been either content or good enough to sit on the bench for us.

pineapple stu
12/12/2005, 12:36 PM
Drogheda have confirmed Glen Fitzpatrick as Mark Rooney's replacement. :D

ask who the U21s keeper is and if he's any good
The U-21 keeper is Neil Gallagher, and yes, he's quite good. :p

The next keeper after that is Stephen Cashin, the Inters keeper (I think; was the Freshers keeper in 2004). He's been on the bench a couple of times for us, but hasn't played. It's quite possible we have a scholarship keeper coming through though.

pineapple stu
13/12/2005, 2:33 PM
James Keddy is gone to Drogheda.