PDA

View Full Version : Budget 2006

pete
07/12/2005, 5:20 PM
Seems to be a nothing budget again. Tinkering with small increases on pretty much all allowances... Bit of target on child car but nothing radical...

Stud fee exemption going :D

Union membership tax emption increased :(

Block G Raptor
07/12/2005, 5:43 PM
What Will I Be Paying for 20 benson

Dodge
07/12/2005, 7:07 PM
Wait for tommorow for the big accountancy firms to have their "how does it affect you" type programmes...

Macy
08/12/2005, 9:05 AM
Stud fee exemption going :D
In years.

Nothing budget - no benefit to anyone except creche owners and child minders. I'd say rates have gone up already (same as they do every year), with €250 a quarter for under 6's. :rolleyes: Mind you can hardly expect the Government to properly target - far better to give in a big splash of publicity and take back via stealth taxes.

Top of the lower tax band still not up to the levels it was before McCreevey stopped increasing it for 3 years. Still 32% paying the higher rate, and as with last year, most that benefit will be back into it within months because of wage increases. Ditto minimum wage. Probably done on purpose so they can announce it every fookin year.

VAT, VRT and Stamp Duty effectively tax increases due to inflation. Particularly stamp duty, where the bands weren't increased.

carrickharp
08/12/2005, 9:08 AM
The election is not untill 2007 so next years Budget is when the feckers will be looking for votes.

Macy
08/12/2005, 9:14 AM
The election is not untill 2007 so next years Budget is when the feckers will be looking for votes.
And I fully expect the thick irish electorate to fall for it again. Worse than the yanks....

Neish
08/12/2005, 11:04 AM
What is the regular dole going up by hear it was about €12?

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 11:06 AM
What Will I Be Paying for 20 benson

Any One Any One Bueller Any One

dahamsta
08/12/2005, 11:12 AM
Any One Any One Bueller Any OneIt would take you two seconds to find out by visiting one of the Irish websites, or Googling for "Irish budget". So go do that, and stop spamming the website and post count whoring.

adam

Peadar
08/12/2005, 11:15 AM
The old reliables of drink and cigarettes escaped excise duty increases.

See budget news here... (http://www.budgetforums.com/budgetnews/index.asp)

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 11:55 AM
The old reliables of drink and cigarettes escaped excise duty increases.

See budget news here... (http://www.budgetforums.com/budgetnews/index.asp)

Thanks Peader
Internet explorer is locked down ridicilusly in work
we cant access any search engines

Kingdom
08/12/2005, 12:12 PM
It would take you two seconds to find out by visiting one of the Irish websites, or Googling for "Irish budget". So go do that, and stop spamming the website and post count whoring.

adam

re your sig: Isn't Mr. Ken Shabby Esq a bit of a contradiction?

Poor Student
08/12/2005, 2:53 PM
There are some promising noises about investing in 3rd level education and particularly in post-graduate (or so called 4th level). UCD needs some investment to push it forward so I cannot complain about that.

Peadar
08/12/2005, 3:58 PM
UCD needs some investment to push it forward so I cannot complain about that.

I honestly don't think the minister meant buying a new striker, midfielder and a lash of defenders for you. :D

Drumcondra Red
08/12/2005, 4:32 PM
I honestly don't think the minister meant buying a new striker, midfielder and a lash of defenders for you. :D

:D Good one Peadar!!!

Bald Student
08/12/2005, 5:24 PM
There are some promising noises about investing in 3rd level education and particularly in post-graduate (or so called 4th level). UCD needs some investment to push it forward so I cannot complain about that.What was in this budget for the average grant sponging student like me?

Macy
09/12/2005, 8:38 AM
What was in this budget for the average grant sponging student like me?
No increase in beer and fags. :D

pete
09/12/2005, 11:02 AM
I see no one noticed typo in thread title...

;)