PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Bradley & more Reading slyness

Risteard
06/12/2005, 7:54 PM
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=331968&CPID=8&clid=&lid=3098&title=Bradley+attracting+interest
Here.
Fine player.

Roverstillidie
06/12/2005, 8:18 PM
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=331968&CPID=8&clid=&lid=3098&title=Bradley+attracting+interest
Here.
Fine player.
exactly what is sly about reading approaching an out of contract player for a trial?

its not their fault you undervalued doyle....

EireBadBoy
06/12/2005, 10:00 PM
I know that we are supposed to be pleased for these players making the 'step up' but it's a nightmare that after a right quiet spell and the league coming on a fair bit that somebody reminded English scouts about the EL.
Ballax anyway, coming over here, taking the best players, mutter, grumble, mutter......

A face
06/12/2005, 10:15 PM
It will send the league back years unless clubs can get money for them. Getting good money is part and parcel in improving the league .... if the money doesn't come back into the system then it just breaks down.

IMO City should be tying players down to three year contracts from now on .... two years is too short it seems. The contract talks are causing untold damage to players performance and we are not getting full value for players when it is going on.

The league really needs to wise up on this side of things.

joema
06/12/2005, 10:48 PM
Spot on A face

joema
06/12/2005, 10:49 PM
Whoops me last post sounded a bit weird! Seriously though 100% agree on what you said

A face
06/12/2005, 11:26 PM
Spot on A face

Haha !! :p :D

Block G Raptor
07/12/2005, 9:46 AM
yeah top post A Face
the going rate for players across the pong is a lot higher than here
time the club's got greedy it's not as if the brits cant afford the prices
they would'nt be selling there worst players for the prices we get for our best
not good enough if they want to cream off th etalent from this league then make them cough up. it win win for the eircom clubs if they put up fees and the brits wont pay then they get to hold onto their best players
If the brits do cough up then its plenty of cash for the club
it's time chairmen and managers grew some balls

gustavo
07/12/2005, 9:49 AM
you cant blame "the brits"
if i was a manager of a club there i would come here cos i know i could get away with it . its only when bids start to be rejected that will change.

Block G Raptor
07/12/2005, 10:02 AM
you cant blame "the brits"
if i was a manager of a club there i would come here cos i know i could get away with it . its only when bids start to be rejected that will change.
isn't that my point ?

dcfcsteve
07/12/2005, 10:22 AM
Ironicaly - the only decent transfer fee I know of paid by an English club to an Eircom league club recently was the £100,000 for Darren Kelly.

Who bought him ? A certain Mr R. Collins at Carlisle United. :D

Surprising to see Roddy looking to solve the problems of one of his teams by splashing cash around.....! :)

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 10:23 AM
100% bang on. When was the last time you heard of an English club offering bout 10,000 or so for a top player in a league like the russian or hungarian leagues, which apart from the 2 or 3 in the champions league or Uefa cup are in and around the same standards of the EL. But you can't really blame them for taking them on the cheap if they can get them. No one would offer 100,000 for a very promising youngster if they know they can get them for 10,000 or less.

Tenderloins
07/12/2005, 10:36 AM
Don't know what the fuss is. Drogheda got Bradley for nothing a few months ago. He is now out of contract. Shame if he leaves the league, but if Doolin thought he was so good why didn't he try and sign him on a longer contract?

mchurl
07/12/2005, 10:37 AM
EL clubs really need to start tying the players down to longer deals. This will mean that they then can reject the bids if they want or force up a higher price if that is what they want as they will own the rights to the player

Risteard
07/12/2005, 10:51 AM
exactly what is sly about reading approaching an out of contract player for a trial?
Picked me up wrong.
Sly as in clever and on the ball.
They've just copped on to the league.

It's not their fault you undervalued Doyle.
Who?:confused:

Drogman.
07/12/2005, 12:41 PM
Don't know what the fuss is. Drogheda got Bradley for nothing a few months ago. He is now out of contract. Shame if he leaves the league, but if Doolin thought he was so good why didn't he try and sign him on a longer contract?

I agree with a lot of what has been said but people seem to not realise that the player has a say in this as well. I mean some players mighten want a 3 year contract and a shorter one in the hope of making the "Big move".

Its really only the average players who know that their career is in the EL that will accept long term contracts.

pete
07/12/2005, 2:16 PM
Its hard for clubs to offer 3 year contracts as if players don't work out have to still pay for them & its not as if easy to sell crap players.

garykelly
07/12/2005, 2:54 PM
Reading seem to have no interest in bradley.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~751744,00.html?ptvParm=

doyle goals

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~671469,00.html

Mayo Red
07/12/2005, 7:41 PM
yeah top post A Face
the going rate for players across the pong is a lot higher than here
time the club's got greedy it's not as if the brits cant afford the prices
they would'nt be selling there worst players for the prices we get for our best
not good enough if they want to cream off th etalent from this league then make them cough up. it win win for the eircom clubs if they put up fees and the brits wont pay then they get to hold onto their best players
If the brits do cough up then its plenty of cash for the club

Spot on, and I agree with Hulsey aswell. When the transfer windows are open you regularly hear of an English side signing a lad from some obscure club in Eastern Europe for example for maybe €500,000 or even more. It's ridiculous, we have to get wiser on the true value of some of our players and lose the inferiority complex that we seem to have when dealing with English clubs.