PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008 Qualifying

del fuego
06/12/2005, 1:52 PM
So we're 4th seeds. It ain't gonna be easy.

Euro 2008 qualifying round draw

Pot 1
Greece
Netherlands
Portugal
England
Czech Republic
France
Sweden

Pot 2
Germany
Croatia
Italy
Turkey
Poland
Spain
Romania

Pot 3
Serbia and Montenegro
Russia
Denmark
Norway
Bulgaria
Ukraine
Slovakia

Pot 4
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Republic of Ireland
Belgium
Latvia
Israel
Scotland
Slovenia

Pot 5
Hungary
Finland
Estonia
Wales
Lithuania
Albania
Iceland

Pot 6
Georgia
F.Y.R. Macedonia
Belarus
Armenia
Northern Ireland
Cyprus
Moldova

Pot 7
Liechtenstein
Azerbaijan
Andorra
Malta
Faroe Islands
Kazakhstan
Luxembourg
San Marino

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=331794&CPID=219&clid=&lid=2&title=England+among+top+seeds

Metrostars
06/12/2005, 1:56 PM
Look on the bright side, at least we wont get Switzerland and Israel again. :p

Green Tribe
06/12/2005, 2:03 PM
Look on the bright side, at least we wont get Switzerland and Israel again. :p

True, I don't think my nerves could take those games again!!! :eek:

tetsujin1979
06/12/2005, 2:38 PM
We are so boned in this draw :(

Best case scenario:
Greece
Romania
Bulgaria
Ireland
Estonia
Armenia
Andorra

Worst case scenario
Portugal/Netherlands/England
Italy/Turkey/Poland/Germany
Denmark/Russia/Ukraine
Ireland
Hungary
Macedonia/Cyprus (nearly had us in the last qualifiers)
Faroe Islands

Hibs4Ever
06/12/2005, 2:49 PM
Serbia aside, what the hell have any of the 3rd seeds done to be ahead of us? How many of them were even in last world cup?

thejollyrodger
06/12/2005, 2:49 PM
The seeds dont mean as much as you think. You can get seeded and be in decline like we were. If we have a good manager we will defintely be in with a shout

pineapple stu
06/12/2005, 2:51 PM
Serbia aside, what the hell have any of the 3rd seeds done to be ahead of us? How many of them were even in last world cup?
What have we done to be level with them? Three of them were in Euro 2004. Two more made the 2006 play-offs. Another's in the World Cup. That leaves Serbia... We've done nothing since 2002, and we've done it poorly.

Dublin12
06/12/2005, 2:52 PM
I really wouldn't be bothered who we play,we're better off when we're not favourites and play much better against bigger teams and another thing,nobody will fancy drawing us in their group:D ,bring it on.Hopefully we'll get a few countries with world cup hangovers.

Sweden
Poland
Norway
Rep Ireland
Finland
Cyprus
San Marino

Now,I'd fancy our chance of getting out of that big time.

Hibs4Ever
06/12/2005, 2:57 PM
I really wouldn't be bothered who we play,we're better off when we're not favourites and play much better against bigger teams and another thing,nobody will fancy drawing us in their group:D ,bring it on.Hopefully we'll get a few countries with world cup hangovers.

Sweden
Poland
Norway
Rep Ireland
Finland
Cyprus
San Marino

3 trips to Scandinavia, I'll have a piece of that alright:D

Stuttgart88
06/12/2005, 3:09 PM
Last World Cup was 4 years ago. Seedings for Euro 2008 qualification are based on results over the last 2 full qualification campaigns, Euro04 & WC06.

Our points-per-game ratio has been brutal, theirs have all been better. It's that simple as that.

But even if you were to be subjective, Russia got 4 points from 6 against us not too long ago. Ukraine won the WC qualification group, a really tough group too, with games to spare, and so on.

But I'm not too bothered - you can be lucky or unlucky in the draw regardless of what pot you're in. I think we're better against better teams anyway.

tetsujin1979
06/12/2005, 3:19 PM

Sweden
Poland
Norway
Rep Ireland
Finland
Cyprus
San Marino

Sweden - can blow hot and cold but a solid record of qualifying
Poland - ran England all the way in the World Cup group
Cyprus - have you forgotten the 1-0 away game already??

Dublin12
06/12/2005, 3:28 PM
Sweden - can blow hot and cold but a solid record of qualifying
Poland - ran England all the way in the World Cup group
Cyprus - have you forgotten the 1-0 away game already??

Sweden,good record alright,especially against England:D ,but if we play a big team for our first game in Sept,with a new manager,a new hunger,and a baying crowd thats gonna be well up for it,you never know, we can come up trumps,and set us up nicely in the group.Let's just see who's in charge and who we get first I suppose,but as I said nobody will fancy getting us.

finlma
06/12/2005, 3:29 PM
This thread has been done to death before.

We never seem to qualify from so called easy groups so I don't really care who we get. We just have to qualify.

Fergie's Son
06/12/2005, 8:49 PM
That's some tough reading. Will be hard to qualify for the Euros. Will be 20 years since the last one we qualified for which is hard to believe.