PDA

View Full Version : Should Heskey be sent off?

OwlsFan
06/12/2005, 9:24 AM
Personally, I think it's time the likes of Heskey who deliberately attempt to score a goal with their hand and then pretend that it was a genuine goal should be sent off. Sometimes players do it instinctively but then don't do celebrations pretending they've scored. But last night Heskey tried to con the ref and then protested his booking. Same for a blatant dive but the refs often get these wrong so this would be harder to police.

The cheating these days by players really bugs me including claiming throw-ins that are obviously not theirs. Way of the world I know but one wonders where it will all end.

tetsujin1979
06/12/2005, 9:46 AM
Didn't Robbie Keane do the same thing at the weekend? He clearly hit the ball with his hand as it was rolling past the keeper into the net.

Dublin12
06/12/2005, 12:03 PM
He should've got a red card and so should anybobt else that does the same,if you can get booked for kicking the ball away you should go for this.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 12:22 PM
When you think about it, Heskey being on the pitch is an advantage for the other team as I have never seen anyone miss so many easy chance as he does. For pure comic value he should only get a yellow. On a serious note, should Carroll have been banned for the spurs farce last season? It's basically the same thing.

Aldini98
06/12/2005, 12:39 PM
Heskey should be just banned full stop. Hes rubbish.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 12:40 PM
Heskey should be just banned full stop. Hes rubbish.
Hey Hey:D :D

Clifford
06/12/2005, 1:58 PM
West Ham were lucky the ref choose the wrong option and instead of awarding a spotter for the blatant push on the donkey, he chose to punish the hand ball. Very lucky defender.

But I would be in favour of sending off guys who do try to punch it in deliberately.

Rover 2 U
06/12/2005, 2:07 PM
I have never seen anyone miss so many easy chance as he does.

what about peter crouch? biggest stocking of a pro footballer ever! well worthy of the admission price for his comical value though.;)

isn't it ironic for one so tall to have a surname like that.

Armando
06/12/2005, 2:21 PM
When you think about it, Heskey being on the pitch is an advantage for the other team as I have never seen anyone miss so many easy chance as he does. For pure comic value he should only get a yellow. On a serious note, should Carroll have been banned for the spurs farce last season? It's basically the same thing.

On what basis? I don't understand this logic at all. What was he supposed to do - overrule the refs decision for him? I'm afraid he doesn't have the power to do that. Carroll did nothing wrong.

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 11:09 AM
what about peter crouch? biggest stocking of a pro footballer ever! well worthy of the admission price for his comical value though.;)

True, but at least Crouch creates his fair share of chances for Liverpools other poor strikers to miss (top scorer cisse on the bench. Makes sense;) ). Heskey contributes nothing what so ever and Heskey is a far bigger laughing stock in my opinion. On the subject of biggest stocking of a pro footballer ever, have you ever seen Michael Duberry play? Fcuk sake he is so bad it's unbelievable. He has to be trying to fcuk up that bad, it would be impossable to actually be that big of a donkey!

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 11:12 AM
On what basis? I don't understand this logic at all. What was he supposed to do - overrule the refs decision for him? I'm afraid he doesn't have the power to do that. Carroll did nothing wrong.
Not really indicating he should've been banned, but it's basically the same as Heskey punching the ball into the net. Had Heskey's "goal" stood both would have gained an unfair advantage if you get my drift.

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 11:14 AM
But I would be in favour of sending off guys who do try to punch it in deliberately.
Oliver Kahn got sent off for punching the ball into the opositions net playing for Bayern. Came up for a corner and instead of heading the ball, punched it in. The clown had already been booked! I sh!t you not, I have it on one of those gaffs DVDs at home.

Armando
07/12/2005, 12:27 PM
Not really indicating he should've been banned, but it's basically the same as Heskey punching the ball into the net. Had Heskey's "goal" stood both would have gained an unfair advantage if you get my drift.

But it's not the same thing at all. Deliberate hand ball is a punishable offence. Trying to make a legitimate save is not. Heskey would have gained unfair advantage by cheating, Carroll gained an unfair advantage through no fault of his own but by officials getting it horribly wrong.
Heskey had a responsibility to not handle the ball, Carroll had absolutely no responsibility in the decision making of the officials.

TheJamaicanP.M.
07/12/2005, 1:37 PM

Shows all you know about football.:rolleyes: Crouch has great technical ability and links Liverpool's attacking play vey well. To even mention him in the same breath as Heskey is a gross misjustice.

Rover 2 U
07/12/2005, 1:58 PM
Shows all you know about football. Crouch has great technical ability and links Liverpool's attacking play vey well. To even mention him in the same breath as Heskey is a gross misjustice.

:D

em......ok......thanks for that. i feel like i have just been put in my place by a five year old. i suppose next you'll tell me that sissoko is a world beater or that djimi (where's the ball gone) traore is the best defender in the world (even better than gary neville)! :eek:

as the lanky streak of sh!t is a striker, and as strikers are measured on how many goals they get, just how many has he actually got? (actually, since i know so little about football i probably have that all wrong do i, are strikers measured on how many clean sheets the oppositions keepers get? in which case, i take it all back, i'm wrong and the sh!t lanky one is actually class!)

TheJamaicanP.M.
07/12/2005, 2:32 PM

em......ok......thanks for that. i feel like i have just been put in my place by a five year old. i suppose next you'll tell me that sissoko is a world beater or that djimi (where's the ball gone) traore is the best defender in the world (even better than gary neville)!

as the lanky streak of sh!t is a striker, and as strikers are measured on how many goals they get, just how many has he actually got? (actually, since i know so little about football i probably have that all wrong do i, are strikers measured on how many clean sheets the oppositions keepers get? in which case, i take it all back, i'm wrong and the sh!t lanky one is actually class!)

You're still wrong. Strikers are not simply measured on how many goals they score. They are also measured on how many goals they create and what they offer to the team. John Aldridge went about 20 games without scoring for Ireland. That doesn't mean he wasn't a good striker. Teddy Sheringham wasn't always a prolific goalscorer, yet he offered other qualities to the teams he played for. Anyhow, why do you have to abuse Crouch? So what if he's lanky? So is Patrick Viera. Your comments simply illustrate your narrow-mindedness. If you had been watching Crouch for the past few months you would have noticed what he has added to Liverpool, so much so that he's probably their first choice striker now. BTW, I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Your problem is that the only football you see is the Premiership highlights on a Saturday night and you're the type who is influenced by what you read in the Daily Sun. Rovers fans wouldn't be noted for being intellectual.:p :D

Rover 2 U
07/12/2005, 2:58 PM
your right of course mr. oracle, being a striker has nothing to do with ones scoring abilities. that is why there was a plethora of managers queuing up to sign him at the start of the season, for a bargain of 7 million quid!

look, in the end of the day football is about scoring goals and a strikers job is to score them. he who can't kick a ball in a straight line nor head the ball to save his life (i.e. the lanky one), is not very good at that particular part of the game which results in being goals being scored, or many other parts of the game in fact. argue all you want. but then you sound like a know-all-barstooler and we should all bow down to your (george hamiliton's) superior knowledge.

do you own your own club by the way cause i do? not bad for a bunch of so called "less intelligent fans" i should say. you really should try it some day, it's invigorating

TheJamaicanP.M.
07/12/2005, 4:24 PM
your right of course mr. oracle, being a striker has nothing to do with ones scoring abilities. that is why there was a plethora of managers queuing up to sign him at the start of the season, for a bargain of 7 million quid!

look, in the end of the day football is about scoring goals and a strikers job is to score them. he who can't kick a ball in a straight line nor head the ball to save his life (i.e. the lanky one), is not very good at that particular part of the game which results in being goals being scored, or many other parts of the game in fact. argue all you want. but then you sound like a know-all-barstooler and we should all bow down to your (george hamiliton's) superior knowledge.

do you own your own club by the way cause i do? not bad for a bunch of so called "less intelligent fans" i should say. you really should try it some day, it's invigorating

Yeah sure I'm a bar-stooler because I don't support Rovers.:rolleyes: Owning your own club (as you put it so eloquently) is not something I'd be boasting about when the club is the one concerned. I'd be embarassed by such a connection, have a lot of respect for myself. All I can say is enjoy Division 1 next season. The quality will be a hell of a lot worse than what you see from Peter Crouch.:D

Hulsey
08/12/2005, 12:36 PM
Shows all you know about football.:rolleyes: Crouch has great technical ability and links Liverpool's attacking play vey well. To even mention him in the same breath as Heskey is a gross misjustice.
To mention "Duberry" and "footballer" in the same breath is grounds for being shot at!

Dublin12
08/12/2005, 12:44 PM
To mention "Duberry" and "footballer" in the same breath is grounds for being shot at!

That's why nobody else mentioned him on this thread except you:o

Hulsey
08/12/2005, 12:46 PM
What do you expect! I'm a leeds fan and that muppet still gives me nightmares. Just letting Liverpool fans know how lucky they are to have Crouch and not be saddled with that sack of sh!t.