PDA

View Full Version : Four new signings

Sheridan
06/12/2005, 7:59 AM
Gavin McDonnell (Shamrock Rovers)
Paul Crowley (Waterford United)
Damien Brennan (Derry City)
Ger McCarthy (Dundalk)

Dave Freeman, Derek Pender, Ben Whelehan, Alan Keely, Dave McGill, Robbie Collins, Paul Shiels and Robbie Hedderman have all signed contract renewals for next season. I'd conjecture that Trevor Vaughan, Ray Scully and Alan Kelly, amongst several others (Brendan Kennedy?), have kicked their last football in a City shirt.

Somewhat ambivalent about a couple of the new arrivals. I hope Gavin McDonnell doesn't turn into Pat Deans mk. II. Not surprised to see Damien Brennan among their number, given that we attempted to sign him in 2004. I'm not sure what Ger McCarthy offers that Robbie Collins doesn't. Great to see the return of City legend Crowls, he should never have been allowed to leave in the first place. Although he did look a tad portly when last I saw him...

Maynard
07/12/2005, 5:44 PM
Great to see Crowley back, with the resignings I think the defence looks solid enough, although we need another left full and I think we'd be MAD not to resign Aidan Lynch. Still a bit of work to be done in the middle of the park and we need a striker who'll get double figures. As much as I like Freeman (and LOVE Robbie Collins:D ) I can't see either of them banging them in in the Premier...

blueviking1980
09/12/2005, 7:23 PM
As much as I like Freeman (and LOVE Robbie Collins:D ) I can't see either of them banging them in in the Premier...

Ya mite eat those words son... sure didn't Robbie notch 1 against a former Premier fited side just recently? ;)