gross misconduct or by mutual consent.

According to counsel for O'Byrne St
Pat's poor form in the league did not
reflect in any adverse way on his
stewardship of the club.

On November 15th last two directors of
the club told O'Byrne they had made a
mistake in recruiting him.

That's interesting, what's the story there- was he no good at the job or did he fall out with people or what?

TonyD
05/12/2005, 7:56 PM
I think it's fair to say that B.O'Bs impact in the job has been, shall we say, less than spectacular. It's not that he's done anything wrong. As David Bowie once said "I've never done good things, I've never done bad things" that about sums it up in my view. He wasn't doing anything that the people who were already there (on far less money I think it's safe to say) weren't already doing. It's got to call into question the intelligence of the people running the club if they're admitting that recruiting him in the first place was a mistake, what is it, six months down the line ? Looks like it's going to be a costly mistake if BOBs contract has to be paid up in full. Not good. Not good at all.:(

monkey magic
05/12/2005, 8:33 PM
christ he must be on good money if a less than spectaculor performance in his job means pats cant afford to keep him!! what were they expecting?

joeSoap
05/12/2005, 8:43 PM
Do I smell a rat called Roddy, and his Scottish pal Mr 'I own half the cr@p teams in Scotland' Mileson?

chippie0001
05/12/2005, 8:57 PM
Weird one, sack him but give the manager a new 2 year deal. Would have been the manager first you would think.

Dr.Nightdub
05/12/2005, 10:01 PM
Tony, recruiting him in the first place wasn't a mistake - at the time, it seemed like a good idea for bringing new money into the club. What would be a mistake would be to persist with the experiment when it clearly hasn't worked.

Joe Soap, just once in a while, things can happen at Pats without Mileson / Collins necessarily being involved.

pete
05/12/2005, 10:07 PM
Seems a very embarishing & dare i say stupid decision to hire someone on wages you cannot afford. If he was expected to bring in extra money then a bonus structure would surely have made more sense.

Dodge
05/12/2005, 10:20 PM
Seems a very embarishing & dare i say stupid decision to hire someone on wages you cannot afford.
Where does it say we can't afford to pay him? And I disagree with the Doc, it was a bad decision to appoint him. :mad:

pete
05/12/2005, 10:23 PM
Where does it say we can't afford to pay him?:

I suppose i should have phrased - not willing to pay him at current rate.

Dodge
05/12/2005, 10:43 PM
Its not even that Pete. They just appointed someone to a job when they shouldn't have. Its not a money thing (it is for some fans admittedly) but he's just not doing anything for the club

A face
05/12/2005, 11:13 PM
but he's just not doing anything for the club

But what is he doing, whats his role and what does it entail ? ..... he is not doing the sum total of nothing for the club, in six months what has he been working at ..... if it is actually nothing then isn't it about five month late ??

LFC in Exile
06/12/2005, 8:40 AM
I think this shows Pats board in a bad light. It was up to them to state exactly what they wanted BOB to do. It is unfair to say six months down the line that things aren't working out - good luck. He is an employee and is protected by employment legislation. They should have to pay up his contract if they made the mistake in hiring him.