PDA

View Full Version : Cork City fan thread/Well done Drogs...

RedX
05/12/2005, 6:13 PM
I have not been on-line since Saturday and came on here this evening to congratulate Drogs for there brilliant win yesterday...i hope you boys enjoy all your celebrations and while it was dissapointing to lose its nice to see a good club win the FAI Cup....:)

I would like to see Cork City fans on this thread alone congratulating Drogs as the thread below which was for Drogs victory is a disgrace of anti-Cork venom..we are as good and sporting as any club in this country and to all you fans from various clubs that are moaning about us i say WE ARE Champions...

Again Drogs well done and enjoy all the celebrations from Cork City FC...

pete
05/12/2005, 9:49 PM
I would congradulate Drogs for manner of their celebration - no petty jibes. Their crowd while it seemed quiet to me was bigger than most Dublin clubs would bring.

I'd like to think this might be a good omen for Drogs to develop their stadium however i'm unconvinced about Doolin football style - for a fulltime team he should have his players passing the football.

Anto McC
05/12/2005, 9:52 PM
MOD edited.

A face
06/12/2005, 12:01 AM
Fair play to Drogs .... the best team on the day won it and rightly so.

Fans on boths sides would have to enjoy the day, the banter and the colour was great and brilliant to be involved in. All out to support their team.

Brilliant for Drogs fans to have two great goals scored in their end and a great reward for any fans that were sitting on the fence. Two great reasons to turn up in United Park next year and i hope Drogs get a share of the spolis next year aswell.

tiktok
06/12/2005, 8:44 AM
Well done Drogs

Drumcondra Red
06/12/2005, 8:45 AM
Well done Drogs, took your chances and capitolised on Cork's errors, a fine win!

paudie
06/12/2005, 9:38 AM
Well done Drogs. No doubt ye deserved it.

Atmosphere before and during the game was great from both sets of fans and a good reward for the recent investment in the club.

Hopefully you can build on this success and become a force to be reckoned with.

Block G Raptor
06/12/2005, 10:04 AM
Droggs were marginally the better team in a a really dire affair
It's been a long season and no doubt that showed on the day
droggs created two chances and took both cork created very little
good luck to both in europe next year I'll be behind both of you all the way
and congrats to the fans of both clubs (even the corkies that left early)
great day for Irish football. When was the last time 24,521 Payed to watch an FAI cupfinal

Speranza
06/12/2005, 11:15 AM
even the corkies that left early

:eek: The mighty men of the Rebel Army TM left early. You must be joking Cork fans aren't fickle.

See this is the difference.
City - lose the league last match of the season yet stay in the ground an hour after to congratulate players
Rovers - relegated yet sing til the end
Cork - leave

Block G Raptor
06/12/2005, 11:30 AM
:eek: The mighty men of the Rebel Army TM left early. You must be joking Cork fans aren't fickle.

City - lose the league last match of the season yet stay in the ground an hour after to congratulate players
Cork - leave

EXACTLY MY POINT ! Bandwaggoner's all

Peadar
06/12/2005, 11:51 AM
Derry City - lose the league last match of the season yet stay in the ground an hour after to congratulate players

Cork - leave

Derry fans stayed in the welcoming and beautiful city of Cork.

City fans left the artic conditions and decrepit "stadium" in a bid to make a fast exit from squalour of Dublin.

You're fooling yourself if you think that Drogs weren't leaving in their droves before the stage was even erected.

I've just checked my ticket and it does not mention having to cheer for a team from a county you despise, should Cork City FC fail to win.

Not one single person is obliged to stay behind.
You clowns are just looking for a reason to complain about something.

We owe you nothing!
We've given the league more than any other team this season.
You should all be grateful to have such great club in the same league as you.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 11:57 AM
We owe you nothing!
We've given the league more than any other team this season.
You should all be grateful to have such great club in the same league as you.
And to think, people from cork are thought to be arrogant? Where ever did this perception come from?:rolleyes: How about next season you have your own league so you can stay in the "beautifull and welcoming city of cork"!:eek: You have to be having a laugh. Just except that Derry have much better fans than you pack of glory hunters will ever have.

Peadar
06/12/2005, 12:07 PM
Just except that Derry have much better fans than you pack of glory hunters will ever have.

Well considering that I've sat in the Brandywell when there were less than 500 home fans, I must conclude that Derry are no different to any other eL club, with regard to support.

ollie
06/12/2005, 12:20 PM
EXACTLY MY POINT ! Bandwaggoner's all

don't you have something else to winge about?

well i and a lot of others stayed behind to clap the drogheda players and fans off after lifting the cup.fair play to drogheda's number 2(his name escapes me) who came over to us to clap us.

Cork - leave

they were playing at home.small attendance (no traffic to worry about)short- distance home( FRIDAY NIGHT)Fair play to them though.credit where its due

derry's fans were staying the night down in cork or at least the vast majority of them.(FRIDAY NIGHT)Fair play to them though.credit where its due

cork city were playing on a sunday afternoon in front of a large crowd.the day after was a working day/school day. a long journey ahead of them also.Bitterly cold day.
you can see some did leave earlier than others.

never knew such jealousy came with with being a big successful club:)
trying to knock us at every oppertunity.
get over it:rolleyes:

The Donie Forde
06/12/2005, 12:27 PM
Fair play to Drogs, fully deserved. City were crap.

Plenty of Cork daytrippers left before the end/at the presentation - nobody on Leeside surprised by that! CCFC hardcore and more stayed to applaud Drogs getting the Cup, myself included. Reckon several thousand City fans (out of 12-15K) still there to see Drogs lift the Cup. It was bloody freezing, though, so more might have stayed if the weather was not as severe.

Great to see it going to a club like Drogs if it wasn't to be CCFC.

Donie

Anto McC
06/12/2005, 12:30 PM
MOD edited.

Ronnie
06/12/2005, 1:14 PM
Peadar, no one in our league, Cork included, can boast about attendances or slag other clubs without it sounding silly, Cork have had as rubbish crowds as anyone else, (400 v Bohemians only a couple of years ago, and half those down from Dublin), and just like everyone else you have a sizeale quota of bandwagon fans.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 1:16 PM
Well considering that I've sat in the Brandywell when there were less than 500 home fans, I must conclude that Derry are no different to any other eL club, with regard to support.
Down the Carlisle this season, no one made even close to the amount of noise the Derry fans made. They were phenominal!

patsh
06/12/2005, 1:19 PM
Congrats Drogs, well deserved.

The Derry fan is getting rather tiresome with his endles whinging about City, give it a rest and give yourself a break.
You lot will have another chance at us next season, it's not too long to wait is it?

Peadar
06/12/2005, 1:21 PM
Peadar, no one in our league, Cork included, can boast about attendances or slag other clubs without it sounding silly, Cork have had as rubbish crowds as anyone else, (400 v Bohemians only a couple of years ago, and half those down from Dublin), and just like everyone else you have a sizeale quota of bandwagon fans.

I've already stated this on more than one thread.

It's the people who think Derry are an exception to this that you need to address.

Wiseguy
06/12/2005, 1:24 PM
It was a great crowd so congrats to both sides on that.Whether you like it or not Bandwagoner's are very important for big matches and if they didn't turn up you probably would have had a gate of about 8,000 or so and that's being generous.People can't be to surprised about fans leaving early,it happens at every match in every ground in the country so no clubs fans are better than Cork or Drogheda and they are no better than anyone else.
What is annoying about the whole thing is Rico and co in the paper whinging about the pitch.Drogheda had to play on the same pitch so get over it.As they say "it's a bad man that blames his tools".

ndrog
06/12/2005, 1:26 PM
[QUOTE=Peadar]
I've just checked my ticket and it does not mention having to cheer for a team from a county you despise, should Cork City FC fail to win.

Why do you despise Louth ? Strange.........

Peadar
06/12/2005, 1:27 PM
What is annoying about the whole thing is Rico and co in the paper whinging about the pitch.Drogheda had to play on the same pitch so get over it.As they say "it's a bad man that blames his tools".

I doubt Rico is saying that we lost because of the pitch.
He told me on Sunday night that the football would have been better on a better pitch and therefore a better spectacle.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 1:27 PM
I've already stated this on more than one thread.

It's the people who think Derry are an exception to this that you need to address.
I'm talking about the fact that noisewise no one can touch Derry. I know that every club in the EL and most other leagues have a large segment of gloryhunters in their ranks when things are going well. The real fans are the ones there even when the team are doing sh!t. A class example of this will be Rovers next season.

Block G Raptor
06/12/2005, 1:29 PM
It was a great crowd so congrats to both sides on that.Whether you like it or not Bandwagoner's are very important for big matches and if they didn't turn up you probably would have had a gate of about 8,000 or so and that's being generous.People can't be to surprised about fans leaving early,it happens at every match in every ground in the country so no clubs fans are better than Cork or Drogheda and they are no better than anyone else.

The point is not cork fans leaving early, its the fact that its a cup final and there will be a presentation at the end. would any of them have left early to beat traffic if it was cork getting the cup I doubt it. I was there as a neutral in one of the most open part of the stadium freezing my nuts off and felt that it was important to stay to applaud the victors whoever they were. That's what being a true eL fan is all about IMO.

Peadar
06/12/2005, 1:40 PM
I was there as a neutral in one of the most open part of the stadium freezing my nuts off and felt that it was important to stay to applaud the victors whoever they were. That's what being a true eL fan is all about IMO.

I'm really happy for you mate, you're such a hero!
It's far easier for a "neutral" (judging by your comments you were never up for Cork) to cheer the winners than it is for the fans of the losing side.

Anyway, what you do is your own business.
I will never be such a hypocrite as to pretend that I like anything about Drogheda. I did my generic applause and left.

Schumi
06/12/2005, 1:48 PM
It's far easier for a "neutral" (judging by your comments you were never up for Cork) to cheer the winners than it is for the fans of the losing side.
Would you not stay to applaud/cheer for your own team getting their runners up medals?

NY Hoop
06/12/2005, 1:51 PM
[QUOTE=ollie]Rovers - relegated yet sing til the end
they were playing at home.small attendance (no traffic to worry about)short- distance home( FRIDAY NIGHT)Fair play to them though.credit where its due

Actually we were in tolka and there was more than 3,000 at it.

IMO anyone who attends EL games is a hero (except CHF of course!).

KOH

Peadar
06/12/2005, 1:51 PM
Would you not stay to applaud/cheer for your own team getting their runners up medals?

I applauded the teams after the final whistle but have no interest in seeing the FAI put up a stage to show everyone what a great day they made it for everyone and how lucky we are to be there.

Besides, I'm not interested in second place.

Block G Raptor
06/12/2005, 1:56 PM
(judging by your comments you were never up for Cork)
Your judgement is quite wrong I was in the east lower uncovered row one
basically right behind the cork fans on the east terrace and couldn't help myself but join in on some of your chants (quite unoriginal mostly...not a slagging just mho) also my daughter was wearing a green white and red headband and waving a cork flag (she's only three and I let her choose what colour flag she wanted) so to say I was cheering for the droggs is a misconception I just hoped to see a good game with a winner either way as I'd promised my daughter she'd see the big cup at the end (try explaining replay's to a three year old) was quite pleased for droggs in the end cause I used to work with deco o'brien a few years ago, but would have been equally happy to see cork win as the've been excellent this year. on it being easy for neutrals to stay behind that's utter Bu!!sh!t I stayed for the presentation to Dundalk when they beat us a couple of years ago and in flanclare when Longford beat us in the League cup. as for your dig insinuating that I'm blowing my own trumpet cop on I'm not looking for praise or slapping my self on the back I'll leave that to you corkies

Block G Raptor
06/12/2005, 2:00 PM
I applauded the teams after the final whistle but have no interest in seeing the FAI put up a stage to show everyone what a great day they made it for everyone and how lucky we are to be there.

Besides, I'm not interested in second place.

Jebus Peadar Ive met you and know you are a decent and intellegent bloke so I'll assume that the above post is a momentary slip into insanity and the real peader will be back promptly

ollie
06/12/2005, 2:03 PM
Actually we were in tolka and there was more than 3,000 at it.

same thing really.only a stone throw away.still a smallish crowd.

NY Hoop
06/12/2005, 2:18 PM
same thing really.only a stone throw away.still a smallish crowd.

Well not the same thing really and if 3,000+ is a smallish crowd in EL terms then you need to increase or decrease your medication!

KOH

GavinZac
06/12/2005, 3:05 PM

most of us did :confused:

Wiseguy
06/12/2005, 4:25 PM
The point is not cork fans leaving early, its the fact that its a cup final and there will be a presentation at the end. would any of them have left early to beat traffic if it was cork getting the cup I doubt it. I was there as a neutral in one of the most open part of the stadium freezing my nuts off and felt that it was important to stay to applaud the victors whoever they were. That's what being a true eL fan is all about IMO.

Fair enuf but you can't really expect many bandwagoners to stay on after losing.I'm sure a lot of Cork fans were p1ssed off after losing and probably thought to themselves "fcuk this i'm not hanging around i want to get home asap".Whether it's right or wrong all clubs would have some fans who do it.

ColinR
06/12/2005, 4:44 PM
dont see what the big issue is here. the cork fans singing section was still bouncing up and down well after the final whistle and into the presentation (being lansdowne i couldn't hear them sing, but you could be sure they were). so what if a few day-trippers left early, and some die hards to - they came to see cork, and it is understandable if they didn't want to see our loads going mental with the trophy.

there is no need for petty points scoring against cork fans on this - on the day they were an absolute credit to their club.

anyway back to the topic, more praise for drogs please ;) :D

ollie
06/12/2005, 5:58 PM
Well not the same thing really and if 3,000+ is a smallish crowd in EL terms then you need to increase or decrease your medication!

you know what i'm getting at...
i was thinking of the crowd traffic wise.3,000 isn't huge by any stretch of the imagination.sizable but not very big.a lot of them i would presume would walk/take the bus/dart home or go to the pub afterwards which wouldn't lead to huge traffic problems.

bert
07/12/2005, 1:36 PM
dont see what the big issue is here. the cork fans singing section was still bouncing up and down well after the final whistle and into the presentation (being lansdowne i couldn't hear them sing, but you could be sure they were). so what if a few day-trippers left early, and some die hards to - they came to see cork, and it is understandable if they didn't want to see our loads going mental with the trophy.

there is no need for petty points scoring against cork fans on this - on the day they were an absolute credit to their club.

Exactly, so a few band wagoners left early (along with Peadar apparently;) ). The hardcore City support stayed on and kept singing and as someone said fair play to the Drogs no. 2 for coming over.

Back on topic: Fair play to Drogheda, the better team on the day won.

A face
07/12/2005, 1:42 PM

Lads ... there are video clips on the ccfc.ie forum .... i'll post hem up here later and you can see for yourselves how many are there. There pictures dont lie.

RedX
07/12/2005, 5:50 PM

Fair play Colin....:)

ccfcgirl
07/12/2005, 7:29 PM
Well done Drogheda, Cork City had there day on November the 18th and last Saturday belonged to ye . Fair Play . Good craic in Murrays Before the game.

Risteard
07/12/2005, 11:19 PM
I don't know if i was in Murrays or not.
Is that near the canal where the Drogs and City fans were on opposite sides of the road singing with some stoner Drogs punk falling about the place in a jester novelty hat?

ndrog
07/12/2005, 11:22 PM
thanx ccfcgirl but i had a better time on sunday :)

A face
07/12/2005, 11:47 PM
I don't know if i was in Murrays or not.
Is that near the canal where the Drogs and City fans were on opposite sides of the road singing with some stoner Drogs punk falling about the place in a jester novelty hat?

No .... if you looked down the street, the Spar shop was on the right and under the bridge and the second pub on the left is Murrays ... there is kind of a beer garden without tables etc. out front.

Soko
08/12/2005, 1:31 AM
There really are a phenomenal amount of moaners who follow this league. 25,000 wasn't enough so every man, women and child has to stay to watch the presentation:rolleyes:

Watch the next cup final anywhere in the world and by the time the cup is presented (usually about 10 minutes) the losing crowd is sparse. Who gives a fcuk? I'm quite sure Drogheda didn't feel slighted so why do moaning Derry and Bohs fans have to come on here and have a go. For those Derry fans fair play but its not like ye were going any where any time soon. Ye all stayed in Cork and were going around the corner for a pint

A face
08/12/2005, 11:48 AM
There really are a phenomenal amount of moaners who follow this league. 25,000 wasn't enough so every man, women and child has to stay to watch the presentation:rolleyes:

I have to disagree, if you look back at it ... you'll find it is people giving out abour City fans not staying only, there is actually no other reference being made .... so it is unfair to label other fans in the league as moaners when it is just a select few who have a gripe with Cork City only.

For the record .... here are some video clips (http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=7059&view=findpost&p=112482)of city fans at the presentation in Lansdowne.

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 11:59 AM
I have to disagree, if you look back at it ... you'll find it is people giving out abour City fans not staying only, there is actually no other reference being made .... so it is unfair to label other fans in the league as moaners when it is just a select few who have a gripe with Cork City only.

For the record .... here are some video clips (http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=7059&view=findpost&p=112482)of city fans at the presentation in Lansdowne.

Mod edit:
This ground has been covered already ... you made your point already, and very well i might add.
It is pointless dragging this all over the place again.