PDA

View Full Version : O'Callaghan

Pages : [1] 2 3

sfc red
04/12/2005, 10:54 PM
Interview with George O'Callaghan in Sindo:

O'Callaghan was never the reluctant interviewee and not only is he open about beating his own demons but also on his relationships with other players in the league.

"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up. Some had their say last Sunday night at the players' awards saying I didn't have respect for them and all that. They don't like me. Shels' players hate me. It's grand because the feeling is mutual. I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for.

'I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for. Do you know what: they're just bullies'

"Do you know what: they're just bullies but they can't do it anymore because we stand up to them. We've reversed it on them. They are worried about us all the time.

"You know," he says with a roguish smile, "I can't wait for our first game against them next season!"

What a sad, pathetic little man

Speranza
04/12/2005, 11:06 PM
Two things are factual here.

One. The Cork rule on this site means I would bet my house that you will be "asked" to change your sig. Unfortunate as George is filth.

Two. O'callaghan in a ****ing hypocrite. He admits trying to wind people up and is always at the ref himself then he says $hels are scum or whatever for doing it. If he didn't like $hels bullying then why did he "reverse" it!

His mouth will only ensure that $hels players will go at him during the match he is looking forward to.

As much as I hate every single thing about $hels I wouldn't bemoan someone breaking his legs, afterall he could have done much worse to a kid if he wasn't caught drunk driving.

sfc red
04/12/2005, 11:17 PM
Come on Speranza, come over to the dark side....you're nearly there...

Gareth
04/12/2005, 11:30 PM
George O'Callaghan at today's game came across as a total plonker and after reading the above quotes, any doubt I may of had evaporated. He clearly is a fool.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 11:40 PM
Such a fool, he's really not helping people's opinion of him by saying such things.

The ref was very lenient toward's him today. He deserved a red card in my opinion.

EnDai
04/12/2005, 11:58 PM
He should have been booked on far more than one occassion, but that was ultimately the referee's decision. Maybe he was asking him if he fancied a cuppa after the game, with a scowl on his face to confuse viewers? :)

"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up."

Should read:

"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up, diving, play-acting, and begging referees to get them sent off. I don't see why it upsets them, sure I'd love to hit the showers 30 minutes early and still get paid."

Breifne
05/12/2005, 1:01 AM
"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up. Some had their say last Sunday night at the players' awards saying I didn't have respect for them and all that. They don't like me. Shels' players hate me. It's grand because the feeling is mutual. I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for.

Having been at the PFAI Awards and spoken to three of the Shels first time, i expressed surprise at O'Callaghan not receiving the award, each of them (thats all three - in other words unanimous) explained that he would never win this award because he wasn't particularly nice to oppenents (they put it a lot stronger than that, but i'll only get banned here for repeating their words).

What they meant was more or less (here is me reading between the lines) that most eircom League players get on off the pitch and have a respect for each other, which transends club lines. George seems to be a bit of a plonker both on and off the pitch, and it seems to have come back to bite him in the gonads.

He did seem like a moaning so and so in the cup final, and deserved more than the single yellow card he recieved. Its really frustrating because when he plays football and doesn't get involved he is without doubt the best player in the league.

Roy Keane found out too late in his career that it is vital to curb your temper, especially in big games, and i think his temper may have cost Cork City a stab at the double yesterday.

Gareth
05/12/2005, 7:21 AM
Roy Keane found out too late in his career that it is vital to curb your temper, especially in big games, and i think his temper may have cost Cork City a stab at the double yesterday.

I am afraid you are looking for intelligence from George and from the numerous occassions of witnessing his totally daft behaviour you will be waiting a long time. He seems like a fella you wouldn't want at your club and luckily for Shels we will not have that problem. Gurrier, pure and simple.

rebs23
05/12/2005, 8:46 AM
O'Callaghan is probably one of the best footballers in the league but unfortunately he gets wound up too easily and opposition players know that so he attracts too much attention to himself. Not really an unusual quality for a gifted footballer.

Yesterday a Drogs player for instance went for him in a malicous tackle in the first half of the game that was an attempt to put him out of the game. Unfortunately Georgie lost the head after that and didn't really contribute to Citys cause. Thats just the type of player he is, you take the good with the bad as a supporter of city.
His comments about Shels are hardly unique every City supporter knew at the start of this season we had to stand up to the physical intimidation that Shels practise if we were to win the league. We did and we won. Simple as that. There is no love lost between city and shels big deal.

What some of the above comments prove to me however is the absolute childishness of those that make them. Jimmy Boy you are obsessed with City, every second post you make is about Cork, grow up boy.
SFC what is that signature about!! FFS. O'Callaghan and his family, another sad little shels boy obsessed with Cork.

Lads we spent 12 years waiting for this league, god knows how many years coming second, last day dissapointments, etc, etc, and George was one of our best footballers all year long. We had it coming we deserved it, get over it will ye!

Drumcondra Red
05/12/2005, 9:06 AM
Good point Rebs23... nah, full of shít, according to unnamed city fans, Georgie the cnut only came out with these comments because we wouldn't sign him!!!

And whats with him saying he wants to play for celtic so he can score more goals??? I'd be deeply offended if a Shelbourrne player came out and said that!

I also find it funny that a city fan would come out and call a Shels fan obsessed!!! And no love lost between Cork and Shels??? We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer, oh yeah, and he's inbred!

Forza Shelbourne!

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 9:10 AM
He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer

Hear, hear showed his true colours yersterday, the useless whinge-bag. If I was a Cork fan I'd want the liabilitie as far away from my team as possible

Gareth
05/12/2005, 9:11 AM
Before this thread ends up as a shouting match, can I say that I just feel a professional footballer should be more professional than to come out with the rubbish O'Callaghan came out with. I don't know the chap but from listening to people, you probably are better off not knowing him. On the pitch I have seen him dive, look for players booked and moaning constantly. Whatever about playing football, he needs to cop on. He has excellent moments and I have not watched him enough to judge on that aspect over a full season but when I do see him, its not the football that I notice. Now before a list of Shels players are listed, I am against that behaviour from ANY players or staff so don't start calling me a hypocrite.:)

Block G Raptor
05/12/2005, 9:43 AM
Before this thread ends up as a shouting match, can I say that I just feel a professional footballer should be more professional than to come out with the rubbish O'Callaghan came out with. I don't know the chap but from listening to people, you probably are better off not knowing him. On the pitch I have seen him dive, look for players booked and moaning constantly. Whatever about playing football, he needs to cop on. He has excellent moments and I have not watched him enough to judge on that aspect over a full season but when I do see him, its not the football that I notice. Now before a list of Shels players are listed, I am against that behaviour from ANY players or staff so don't start calling me a hypocrite.:)

Totally agree
and he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his comments
what does he think he's going to achieve by saying shyte like that

patsh
05/12/2005, 10:18 AM
Is there anything more pathetic than $hels fans whinging about a player winding other players up?
$hels, the team that is full to the brim of vicious thugs who have spent the last few seasons intimidating, assaulting and berating every player, referree and manager in the country?

Whinging shower of w*nkers the lot of you, you were well hammered by George, Roy and every other City player this season, becuase we decided to stand up to your thuggery and not take it anymore.

Run along to mammy the lot of you.....

patsh
05/12/2005, 10:19 AM
We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

:D:D
The most obssesssed little saddo comes out with the post of the century.

rebs23
05/12/2005, 10:26 AM
Good point Rebs23... nah, full of shít, according to unnamed city fans, Georgie the cnut only came out with these comments because we wouldn't sign him!!!

And whats with him saying he wants to play for celtic so he can score more goals??? I'd be deeply offended if a Shelbourrne player came out and said that!

I also find it funny that a city fan would come out and call a Shels fan obsessed!!! And no love lost between Cork and Shels??? We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer, oh yeah, and he's inbred!

Forza Shelbourne!

So I am "full of ****"! Alright you little keyboard warrior, lets go through your thought provoking and insightful comments above.

He only came out with those comments cause Shels wouldn't sign him, ah didums its my ball and I'm not letting you play!!!

"Obsessed Shels fans" I'm only going by the signatures and the comments above! You "don't give a ****" well why post about Georgie so??
As for "not being a really good footballer" your in the minority there!
As for being "inbred" well by the tone and content of your posts you seem to have only just discovered language as a means of communication.

Lads grow up a small bit. Some of us have left the school yard.

Gareth
05/12/2005, 10:33 AM
Well I think I have been fairly level headed in my comments about George. I did say everyone would fly off the handle here and that it has, and I did previously comment on the fact that I dislike that kind of behaviour from the team I support or any other. But I feel this thread has lost its worth as I can see Patsh, rebs23 and Drums having a slanging match. Chill. I recognise George as a talent but he also needs an attitude adjustment. If you cant see that, then your clearly letting passion overrule your head.

joeSoap
05/12/2005, 10:36 AM
George O'Callaghan drinks and drives, and he's inbred!
George O'Callaghan fúcks his mother, and his sister, and his brother,
All the O'Callaghans fúck each other,
They're all inbred!!!
Nice to see the intelligence levels of some posters here. It speaks volumes for the support of particular clubs. I've been banned for less on this forum and can't understand why this idiot is allowed post here with his obvious lack of intelligence.

rebs23
05/12/2005, 10:42 AM
Well I think I have been fairly level headed in my comments about George. I did say everyone would fly off the handle here and that it has, and I did previously comment on the fact that I dislike that kind of behaviour from the team I support or any other. But I feel this thread has lost its worth as I can see Patsh, rebs23 and Drums having a slanging match. Chill. I recognise George as a talent but he also needs an attitude adjustment. If you cant see that, then your clearly letting passion overrule your head.

Unfortunately Gareth this threads worth was always in doubt the minute sfc posted what he posted with that signature. Appreciate the sentiment though Gareth and yes as I have posted already I wouldn't disagree with you that George needs to cool it a bit more in his play.

Dricky
05/12/2005, 11:11 AM
George O'Callaghan at today's game came across as a total plonker and after reading the above quotes, any doubt I may of had evaporated. He clearly is a fool.

Listen, talk about your own players first admit their faults and then we'll listen to you.

Hulsey
05/12/2005, 11:15 AM
Listyen talk about your own players first admit their faults and then we'll listen to you.
You have to admit that O' Callaghan is the EL equivalant of Robbie Savage. First player to go in hard, but when the tables are turned he's rolling around, diving, telling refs to book players and generally throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way. This is disgracefull behaviour by any player in the league, but O' Callaghan is definately the biggest culprit!

Gareth
05/12/2005, 11:20 AM
Listen, talk about your own players first admit their faults and then we'll listen to you.

I assume you don't know me or read my posts but I was clear in my comments when Jason Byrne ran over to the Bohs crowd and I generally will call a spade a spade be it Shels or Cork or anyone. Your comment is clearly a token throw away one assuming I am just a narrow minded club supporter with no ability to look inwards at my own club and comment constructively. I personally will condemn players for foolish behaviour that takes away from the reputation of football and likewise fans who do. Your comment to me seems baseless and fairly pointless.

Hulsey
05/12/2005, 11:23 AM
Your comment to me seems baseless and fairly pointless.
Well you certainly put him in his box!:D :D :D

thejollyrodger
05/12/2005, 11:36 AM
He looked clumsy against Drogs and I hate the sight of the guy

Drumcondra Red
05/12/2005, 11:39 AM
So I am "full of ****"! Alright you little keyboard warrior, lets go through your thought provoking and insightful comments above.

He only came out with those comments cause Shels wouldn't sign him, ah didums its my ball and I'm not letting you play!!!

"Obsessed Shels fans" I'm only going by the signatures and the comments above! You "don't give a ****" well why post about Georgie so??
As for "not being a really good footballer" your in the minority there!
As for being "inbred" well by the tone and content of your posts you seem to have only just discovered language as a means of communication.

Lads grow up a small bit. Some of us have left the school yard.

Keyboard warrior, eh??? Lets look at the fact GOC's attitude, temper and cheating is what makes him "not that good a footballer"

Ok son... reread my post, and who did I say told me about GOC saying that because shelbourne wouldn't sign him??? Oh yeah, Cork fans!

ThatGuy
05/12/2005, 11:53 AM
Run along to mammy the lot of you.....
Change the record patsh ffs :rolleyes:

rebs23
05/12/2005, 12:00 PM
Keyboard warrior, eh??? Lets look at the fact GOC's attitude, temper and cheating is what makes him "not that good a footballer"

Ok son... reread my post, and who did I say told me about GOC saying that because shelbourne wouldn't sign him??? Oh yeah, Cork fans!

No problem dealing with or discussing GOC's attitude etc, etc. I have a problem with little keyboard warriors like yourself spouting on about O'Callaghan being inbred, going on about City and then stating you couldn't give a xxxx, stop posting so!!
Then you go on about Cork fans saying something to you and you expect us to take your word for it.
Are you seriously that deluded!
Just go back and have a look at what you posted so far and stop posting responses for the sake of it when your arguments are clearly unfounded and belong in the playground of Tolka Park with all the other little wannabes only capable of it on a keyboard!

rebs23
05/12/2005, 12:08 PM
O Callaghan is a village idiot. He deserves a good kicking by someone. He looked clumsy against Drogs and I hate the sight of the stringy pr1ck

Christ this just gets worse, Would you give him a kicking? Another sad little shels wannabe!
I would discuss all night his good and bad points with people but this sort of **** is jealousy of the worst type from small minded idiots!

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:09 PM
Just go back and have a look at what you posted so far and stop posting responses for the sake of it when your arguments are clearly unfounded and belong in the playground of Tolka Park with all the other little wannabes only capable of it on a keyboard!

Capable of what? Think you could fit right in in that playground. :rolleyes:

Bring the drink driving dandie with you, at least their might be a creche assistant there to help pick up his toys after he throws them out of the pram

ThatGuy
05/12/2005, 12:19 PM
O'Callaghan hates Shelbourne and says so, big deal. No need to be getting worked up here about it.

Would people prefer that he go into an interview and re-hash the same old clichés and basically lie? Fair play to him for saying what he genuinely thinks, if only more people did that in interviews.

patsh
05/12/2005, 12:23 PM
If you cant see that, then your clearly letting passion overrule your head.
and if you can't see the irony in a $hles fan moaning about cheating a thuggery, you've lost your head....

sfc red
05/12/2005, 12:27 PM
Patsh and thejollyrodger - you should elope. You both post the most repetitive bóllox

rebs23
05/12/2005, 12:30 PM
Capable of what? Think you could fit right in in that playground. :rolleyes:

Bring the drink driving dandie with you, at least their might be a creche assistant there to help pick up his toys after he throws them out of the pram

dandie????WTF

fitting in at that playground?
Christ never.
I don't think any player from the EL has been such a hate figure.
He must be doing something right for City.

gael353
05/12/2005, 12:32 PM
One moment in crassness yesterday George, who doesnt like being tackled is trapped in the corner after his "step over" failed yet again. With O'Halloran too far back to give a pass he throws himselft to the ground, Ref doesnt fall for his dive and waves play on. George, rem that hes in front of the cork fans and the cameras gestures to the ref falls to his knees and holds head in hands, implying how could the man be so blind/stupid? Drogs fans burst into laughter but limerick fans are worried, having taken two rubbish players on loan from said losing team in the last two years, we dread what could be in the next loan offering :o

rebs23
05/12/2005, 12:35 PM
"George O'Callaghan drinks and drives, and he's inbred!
They're all inbred!!!" sfc red

Change Your signature, you small minded idiot.

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:40 PM
dandie????WTF

fitting in at that playground?
Christ never.
I don't think any player from the EL has been such a hate figure.
He must be doing something right for City.

Am ya dandies a word.

Think you would fit in at the playground becauese of all your childish back and forth posturing with your little Shels friend. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you are a mature guy of above average intelligence. :rolleyes:

Couldn't gives a monkeys what hes doing right or wrong for city I follow Limerick (First Division don't you know). I dislike Georgie Boy because he's an idiot and quite a big idiot at that ;)

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:42 PM
One moment in crassness yesterday George, who doesnt like being tackled is trapped in the corner after his "step over" failed yet again. With O'Halloran too far back to give a pass he throws himselft to the ground, Ref doesnt fall for his dive and waves play on. George, rem that hes in front of the cork fans and the cameras gestures to the ref falls to his knees and holds head in hands, implying how could the man be so blind/stupid?

That was an absolute, genuine, laugh out loud moment. Hey maybe Georgie isn't all bad after all. :D

Dricky
05/12/2005, 12:43 PM
I assume you don't know me or read my posts but I was clear in my comments when Jason Byrne ran over to the Bohs crowd and I generally will call a spade a spade be it Shels or Cork or anyone. Your comment is clearly a token throw away one assuming I am just a narrow minded club supporter with no ability to look inwards at my own club and comment constructively. I personally will condemn players for foolish behaviour that takes away from the reputation of football and likewise fans who do. Your comment to me seems baseless and fairly pointless.

And your manager????

Gareth
05/12/2005, 12:44 PM
and if you can't see the irony in a $hles fan moaning about cheating a thuggery, you've lost your head....

There is no irony Patsh. You seem unable to differentiate between individuals talking to you and your stereotyped opinion of an large group of random individuals whom support the same football team. I feel there is little point trying to point out these things to you as they are largely wasted notions from what I am gathering from your posts. Am I not allowed a personal opinion? If not then we should only have 12 posters on this forum each representing a team. You seem very argumentive for the sake of it and there is little point of discussion with you if you fail to look at points raised over commonly spouted gibberish that we can all shout about each teams worst elements. We are talking about George O'Callaghan. If you want to talk about Shelbourne and your gripes, start a NEW thread. I will gladly deal with that discussion in the relevant place.

sfc red
05/12/2005, 12:44 PM
George O'Callaghan drinks and drives, and he's inbred!
They're all inbred!!!

Have you never wondered how the man could look so ugly?

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:47 PM
Have you never wondered how the man could look so ugly?

Can't see how drinking and driving would make him ugly. Or indeed having sex with family members. I agree he could possibly be deformed if he is himself the product of inbreeding but the rest of your signature is totally irrelevant, maybe it needs toning down a bit ;) :rolleyes:

Gareth
05/12/2005, 12:48 PM
And your manager????

Pat has let himself down in relation to his behaviour last season and to that point he openly apologised to the fans, the league and to the players. You can see evidence of this on the official website. After that, I believe a manager should manage the team in a proper and orderly manner and when he steps out of line as most managers will over their career, they will be sanctioned. Pat was banned and when he violated his ban he got an extended ban and a fine. I do not agree with him getting into bother, but he was punished?

rebs23
05/12/2005, 12:52 PM
Am ya dandies a word.

Think you would fit in at the playground becauese of all your childish back and forth posturing with your little Shels friend. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you are a mature guy of above average intelligence. :rolleyes:

Couldn't gives a monkeys what hes doing right or wrong for city I follow Limerick (First Division don't you know). I dislike Georgie Boy because he's an idiot and quite a big idiot at that ;)

I could give a monkeys about what he's doing wrong or right at city, I'm a city fan hence suprise suprise I stand up for one of our best players all season. So he lost the head yesterday and blew it, no problem discussing that.
Do have a problem with the comments that he deserves a kicking. Do have a problem with people with signatures about his family. Big Problem. So I will continue to post in his defense against some of the childish and idiotic posts of Shels fans.

As for the commnets about keyboard warriors and wannabes ask any of the city, bohs or rovers fans who have gone to tolka park this season and they will know!

Whats your interest Limerick fan?

thejollyrodger
05/12/2005, 12:53 PM
Patsh and thejollyrodger - you should elope. You both post the most repetitive bóllox

? ? ? repetitive ? ? ? Please.

O'Callaghan sounds like a child. He looked like one on sunday. I cant wait to see him next season in the CLQ's. He will be shown up for what he is A--N O B O D Y

Gareth
05/12/2005, 12:55 PM
I will say there has been stunningly idiotic posts from some Shels fans in here but I am assuming its an attempt to wind up some Cork fans. Personally I am not really interested in seeing Cork fans so ballistic and more Shels fans acting less like 5 years olds, but then again, they could be 5. As a Shels fan, I hope they realise every post they make is somewhat reflected on the club and ther eappear no better than the man they are slagging.

sfc red
05/12/2005, 12:58 PM
LTID - thats twice in the space of 2 posts that you made me laugh out loud :)

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:58 PM
As for the commnets about keyboard warriors and wannabes ask any of the city, bohs or rovers fans who have gone to tolka park this season and they will know!

Whats your interest Limerick fan?

Yes, yes I know Shels kiddies acting like hooligans, looking for trouble blah, blah, blah. IGNORE them, their morons, stooping to that level would make you just as bad, would it not :confused:

As for my interest, I've a keen interest in all things Eircom League, generally have to have one to follow Limerick all over the country. My opinions on Georgie boy, or anything else for that matter are as valid as the next mans and looking back over some of the dirge in this thread they appear to be a lot more valid than most ;)

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:59 PM
LTID - thats twice in the space of 2 posts that you made me laugh out loud :)

I try, oh Lord how I do try :p

Dricky
05/12/2005, 1:03 PM
Pat has let himself down in relation to his behaviour last season and to that point he openly apologised to the fans, the league and to the players. You can see evidence of this on the official website. After that, I believe a manager should manage the team in a proper and orderly manner and when he steps out of line as most managers will over their career, they will be sanctioned. Pat was banned and when he violated his ban he got an extended ban and a fine. I do not agree with him getting into bother, but he was punished?

And did it again and got band again..........not his first year either, don't forget that but in fairness to you Gareth you don't seem to have a problem with pointing out these things but bully attitude has also filtered down to the players who shout and scream at the ref palyers hedgehogs if they were around.

Players step out of line as well, they all do at some stage.

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 1:06 PM
And did it again and got band again..........not his first year either, don't forget that but in fairness to you Gareth you don't seem to have a problem with pointing out these things but bully attitude has also filtered down to the players who shout and scream at the ref palyers hedgehogs if they were around.

Are you drunk :confused: :)