PDA

View Full Version : Ciaran Foley

Pages : [1] 2

rovers mad
04/12/2005, 8:28 PM
Ciaran foley is leaving rovers to join galway.He was offered a new contract but does not to spend another year listening to sean conner,even with attraction of playing cork and shels,he has said conner is a very good manager but a w;#ker as a man

gustavo
04/12/2005, 8:34 PM
If true this is dissappoining as Ciaran had a very fine second half of the season and was quite valuable in us going up .

Mayo Red
04/12/2005, 8:42 PM
I was told lastnight that Foley and Ryan O'Donnell are both signing for Galway and that Steve Feeney may be moving to Galway aswell on loan!

Mayo Red
04/12/2005, 8:46 PM
I do like Feeney, he seems a good player.

Decent player alright, lacks a bit of pace though.

Redtop
04/12/2005, 8:50 PM
chipped in with a couple of goals aswell last season..would have been good cover for the midfield next season..hopefully it isn't true about foley either where did u hear this from rovers mad??

Redtop
04/12/2005, 9:50 PM
Ahh must be peised getting sore because we signed one off in your opionions better players, Don't be upset.
i wont be to upset seeing that were in the premier and we'll be able to sign better players:cool: :cool:

Redtop
04/12/2005, 9:56 PM
KRUSTY lol..well if we get alan cawley or chris turner from derby then mines a black forest geataux

sligoman
04/12/2005, 9:57 PM
KRUSTY lol..well if we get alan cawley or chris turner from derby then mines a black forest geatauxWe already have;).

sligoman
05/12/2005, 12:57 AM
He was offered a new contractI'm sorry to see Foley go, cos after all the abuse he was getting in the past few seasons, he was really starting to shine towards the end of this one. Although in saying that, I honestly didn't think he would be offered a new contract. I thought he would be one of the 8 or so that will be let go cos they're not good enough for the "step up". Whatever problems he was having with the manager, he was still playing regulary so I'm surprised that he has decided to leave, especially to a First Division team. Maybe he just wanted to play with his home team at some stage in his career, no harm in that I suppose.

dahamsta
05/12/2005, 6:53 AM
/me kickbans galway adolescents

Red4Eva
05/12/2005, 9:06 AM
I was told lastnight that Foley and Ryan O'Donnell are both signing for Galway and that Steve Feeney may be moving to Galway aswell on loan!

foley I can accept but not ryan&steve that's complete ******

Rory H
05/12/2005, 9:58 AM
foley is good enough for premier division and if this is true then im disappointed....he was unreal towards the end of the season

ryan o donnell and steve feeney...they were hardly massive contributors...

Terry
05/12/2005, 10:28 AM
I dont think its yer ciaran foley! We have been rumoured to be in talks with Keiran Foley who plays for Shamrock Rovers, just on the grounds that hes from Galway.:o

None of the names mentioned previously have been named offically by anyone from GUFC anyway

Rory H
05/12/2005, 10:41 AM
I dont think its yer ciaran foley! We have been rumoured to be in talks with Keiran Foley who plays for Shamrock Rovers, just on the grounds that hes from Galway.:o

None of the names mentioned previously have been named offically by anyone from GUFC anyway

maybe ye are signing the 2 of them..there are 2 sets of rumours;)

and re the ban on galway fans[nice rebellion]...we dont mind you coming on here as long as the issue has something to do with you...the 3 fools who have been banned we do mind,and when ye come on talking about murphy in our transfer rumours again no...but this is fine....just remember..we are better than ye now:D

Terry
05/12/2005, 11:02 AM
maybe ye are signing the 2 of them..there are 2 sets of rumours;)

and re the ban on galway fans[nice rebellion]...we dont mind you coming on here as long as the issue has something to do with you...the 3 fools who have been banned we do mind,and when ye come on talking about murphy in our transfer rumours again no...but this is fine....just remember..we are better than ye now:D

Cheers, I do like to think Im capable of having a conversation without acting like an idiot!

Anyway going to play it low for a while now, so, enjoy the premier and wait there for us next season....:D

Redtop
05/12/2005, 12:30 PM
I dont think its yer ciaran foley!
hopefully not

Redzer
05/12/2005, 12:33 PM

Keiran Foley, said in an article in Sundays paper that he was looking for a new contract with Shams.
I wouldn't be put out about O'Donnell or Feeney( who I think is in Templemore, or about to go) so Galway might suit him, as we need players based in Sligo.It's probably the same with Ciaran, he might not be able to commit full time. But I think he would still be an asset to us.
If we are to bring in better players for this division then we have to accept that some of our favourite's will be leaving.
I even heard a rumour that Gary Curran could also be on the way out. He is one player that I would like to hold on to for the future.

Mayo Red
05/12/2005, 1:11 PM

I'm just telling ya what I was told at face value and I didn't post it until I saw that rovers mad had heard the same thing about Foley. There will be a lot of rumours flying around between now and the beginning of the season but the reality is that some players, even some favourites will be moving on to make way for new signings. Sean has already shown us that he is pretty ruthless when it comes to dealing with players.

redrov2005
05/12/2005, 1:47 PM
I have to be honest i haven't seen all that much of Gary Curran,but surely he's not that young ?! I mean the average age of the guys playing for Derry is 21/22.

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 2:07 PM
Not sure if Ciaran Foley would be that big a loss TBH guys. Try hard and all as he does, he has always been a bit of a hack merchant and I don't think he would have the guile or the skill required for the Premier. Ye should be setting your sights higher than Foley. :ball:

redrov2005
05/12/2005, 3:35 PM
Even allowing for the fact that he might be 18 or 19. If he's good enough Gary should be pressing for a place in the team and he hasn't been.

He is young,but so too are most of the UCD lads. Wes Houlihan isn't that old either.

My point is that if you are good enough....you are old enough.

sligoman
05/12/2005, 3:51 PM
Not sure if Ciaran Foley would be that big a loss TBH guys. Try hard and all as he does, he has always been a bit of a hack merchant and I don't think he would have the guile or the skill required for the Premier. Ye should be setting your sights higher than Foley. :ball:A few months ago I'd probably have agreed with you but he has really improved, seriously. His work-rate and strength has really soared lately.

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 4:03 PM
A few months ago I'd probably have agreed with you but he has really improved, seriously. His work-rate and strength has really soared lately.

In fairness, he always had both in abundance, it's the technical side of the actual game of football where I'm afraid Ciaran might struggle :p :ball:

rovers mad
05/12/2005, 5:41 PM
I am A big fan foley and i am sad to see him go because he had a big part in us going up,I heard yesterday from foley that he is leaving and has been offered a contract from galway.I would like to thank foley for all his hard work this year and wish him the best with galway next season

Redtop
05/12/2005, 5:57 PM
I have to be honest i haven't seen all that much of Gary Curran,but surely he's not that young .
hes still U-18

Conor H
05/12/2005, 6:27 PM

I heard that it was Ciaran Foley(sligo) but i could be wrong.

Redtop
05/12/2005, 6:33 PM
did ya not see the sticky:confused: :confused:

shedhead
05/12/2005, 7:15 PM
Dont think its that big a loss.could you see him as a premier division player?He did do well for us but we should be looking for much better players

Rory H
05/12/2005, 7:17 PM
ryan o donell has officialy joined galway united

that treachourous so and so:rolleyes:

best of luck to him,he was very unlucky

sadloserkid
05/12/2005, 7:28 PM
While I didn't see much of him outside of our games against you this year I'd have been very surprised if CiarĂ¡n Foley was good enough to really shine in the Premier Division. For work and commitment the boy can have few equals but technically... he often looked a little belaboured at times in the First (certainly with us anyway) and I think he'd be shown up just a little bit. He'll do a job for Galway alright though if he does pitch up there next.

Conor H
05/12/2005, 8:13 PM
ryan o donell has officialy joined galway united

that treachourous so and so:rolleyes:

best of luck to him,he was very unlucky
Is that definite?Is he good?

1 9 2 8
05/12/2005, 8:22 PM
Close down the Galway forum:D

He didn't get too many games with us he was injured for most of the season

Rory H
06/12/2005, 8:46 AM

yes and if he can stay injury free yes

Redzer
06/12/2005, 9:27 AM
The only time I saw Ryan O'Donnell play for us was in a pre-season. I think he made a sub appearance a couple of times.
But, we really cant hold on to him for another season. He's out injured all year. Good luck to him in Galway.
Technically Ciaran would not be the best but he gives 100% commitment. With these two and Alan Murphy, Galway should give Harps and Shams a run for their money.

Terry
06/12/2005, 12:34 PM
Ryan has offically joined GUFC
Foley is still in talks with the club

Rory H
06/12/2005, 1:47 PM
Foley is still in talks with the club

isnt that what we decided yesterday:rolleyes:

Redtop
06/12/2005, 3:11 PM

if he stayed injury free then he would be a great signing

Red4Eva
06/12/2005, 3:38 PM
ryan's a class act

Terry
07/12/2005, 7:37 AM
It would be a big loss if Foley goes from what I've seen of him this season

He has signed for Galway offically as of last night

SligoBrewer
07/12/2005, 8:51 PM

yeah i have to say thats tru:mad:

feo123
09/12/2005, 10:29 PM
Ragin all 3 players have gone. foley was our best player for the last 10 games of last season!

sligoman
09/12/2005, 10:31 PM
Ragin all 3 players have gone. foley was our best player for the last 10 games of last season!Has Feeney definitely gone? Feck it if he has:(

feo123
09/12/2005, 10:34 PM
Not sure, the 3 players i was on about were Ryan and Steve O'Donnell and foley!!?? We should hang onto feeney...an brilliant fooballer...maybe a bit slow though?

sligoman
09/12/2005, 10:34 PM
Not sure, the 3 players i was on about were Ryan and Steve O'Donnell and foley!!??Oh sorry:o.

feo123
09/12/2005, 10:36 PM
;) happy too that feeney hasnt gone (yet)..........

Red4Eva
01/01/2006, 7:45 PM
anyone who was wondering if the story bout connor's practical joke on foley is true, it is but foley got a simliar type of revenge. there's no bad blood between the two of em either even though i'm sure a lotta ppl think there is.

feo123
04/01/2006, 6:54 PM
What was the joke?

sligoman
04/01/2006, 10:29 PM
anyone who was wondering if the story bout connor's practical joke on foley is true, it is but foley got a simliar type of revenge. there's no bad blood between the two of em either even though i'm sure a lotta ppl think there is.Well if it's the story I heard then it was disgusting and it's no wonder so many players seem to fall out with Sean:mad:.

Red4Eva
05/01/2006, 12:49 AM
the "digusting" story is true but foley did somethin just as bad in return. i asked foley if that had anythin to do with him leavin&he said it had absolutley nothin to do with it&that the 2 of em get on very well

Da Real Rover
05/01/2006, 9:17 AM
What was the 'disgusting' joke then ?