PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda - Cork ( latest)

Conor H
04/12/2005, 3:00 PM
0-0 Ht.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 3:02 PM
Good enough game so far. Cork started the better but Drog's have improved now. C'mon the Drogs!:).

sonofstan
04/12/2005, 3:07 PM
what's the crowd like? (attendance wise and cork/drogs split)

sligoman
04/12/2005, 3:25 PM
1-0 to the Drogs! Yeeeeeesssss!!!!. Great goal too.

Rico's wearing that Fisherman's hat again:D.

Mr A
04/12/2005, 3:25 PM
Drogheda one up.

As George Hamilton pointed out- "If it ends up 1-0 that could well be the winning goal."

Ruairi
04/12/2005, 3:27 PM
tits..

sligoman
04/12/2005, 3:31 PM
tits..Dont be surprised if O'Callaghan gets a red card too;).

sligoman
04/12/2005, 3:54 PM
2-0. Yes! 8 minutes left, game over me thinks:).

RonnieB
04/12/2005, 3:57 PM
great finish for the second goal.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 3:59 PM
great finish for the second goal.Both goals were excellent alright.

Gavin Whelan is just after been voted MOTM for Drogs.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 4:07 PM
Game over. 2-0 to Drogheda. Well done Drogs!;).

Gareth
04/12/2005, 4:09 PM
Well done Drogs. Fair play to both sets of fans for making it a class looking final, with a crowd deserved of the occassion!!

Skittles
04/12/2005, 4:09 PM
Congratulations to Drogheda. At least Bohs were knocked out by the winners of the cup.. :)

Wouldn'd mind Bohs signing Gavin Whelan.

Talk about O'Brien coming to Bohs next year. His goal today was IDENTICAL to Tillo's winner against Cork in 92...

Well done again Drogheda...

RonnieB
04/12/2005, 4:10 PM
Well done Drogheda.

Conor H
04/12/2005, 4:12 PM
Well done Drogheda!

sonofstan
04/12/2005, 4:17 PM
Congratulations to Drogheda. At least Bohs were knocked out by the winners of the cup.. :)

don't know if i find that such a comfort tbh - what i do like is that we're still the last team to win the double! congrats though, to Drogheda

Stuck working all afternoon - attendance anyone? best not from a cork fan .......

Gareth
04/12/2005, 4:19 PM
23,000 + could be round 26,000.

Conor H
04/12/2005, 4:22 PM
25500 was the attendance.Official figure was something like 24521.(forget the exact one tbh)

Skittles
04/12/2005, 4:23 PM
don't know if i find that such a comfort tbh - what i do like is that we're still the last team to win the double! congrats though, to Drogheda

Stuck working all afternoon - attendance anyone? best not from a cork fan .......

I was clutching at straws... :o

Good crowd. Terrible first half. Drogheda played well in the second and deserved it. Cork never turned up. I still can't work out what all the fuss is about GoC. He's a petulant **** who seems to have some idea about himself, that he's some kind of flawed genius.

Ruairi
04/12/2005, 4:23 PM
24,531 i think i heard george hamilton say..

well done drogheda *applause*

hamish
04/12/2005, 4:57 PM
Congratulations Drogheda United.........must be a great feeling to win club's first major trophy.
Hard luck Corky City.......you still gave us great pleasure all season though with some lovely football.

Lads, what's the story regarding European football next season?

Corky Boys.......Champions League
The Drogs........UEFA Cup
Derry City........UEFA Cup???
Who/how many get(s) into the Inter=Toto???

Not forgetting Sligo Rovers First Division Champions .............nice to have well supported club and a real footie town back in the Premier,
Eircom League footie is really steamin' these days.

Wait 'till Athlone Town get their new stadium up and running .......then ye can all watch out.:p :D :o

sonofstan
04/12/2005, 4:58 PM
He's a petulant **** who seems to have some idea about himself, that he's some kind of flawed genius.

you'd never think that about someone from Cork normally, would you?

Speranza
04/12/2005, 5:06 PM
I still can't work out what all the fuss is about GoC. He's a petulant **** who seems to have some idea about himself, that he's some kind of flawed genius.

In total agreement. He is a scumbag and vastly over-rated. Although a different type of player quality wise Gamble is far better.

Congrats Drogs, even Cosmo despite his petty hate of us I don't mind Drogs. This will fairly bring the caw.kies down to earth with a bang. :)

headtheball
04/12/2005, 5:10 PM
In total agreement. He is a scumbag and vastly over-rated. Although a different type of player quality wise Gamble is far better.

Congrats Drogs, even Cosmo despite his petty hate of us I don't mind Drogs. This will fairly bring the ****i.es down to earth with a bang. :)

A few have been disrespecting other clubs this week.Well done Drogheda.:p

Mental Man
04/12/2005, 5:11 PM
Delighted for Drogs, well done also to 1 of our own- Shane Robinson.
As for Georgie the w**ker, delighted for him too :D .

Poor Student
04/12/2005, 6:15 PM
O'Callaghan has a touch of class about him that most in the Eircom League don't. He just didn't get going today but then neither did most of Cork's players. I would contend that O'Callaghan is the best attacking central midfield player in the league. Yeah his attitude rubs you up the wrong way but it doesn't mean he isn't a quality player.

Ruairi
04/12/2005, 6:48 PM
Congrats Drogs, even Cosmo despite his petty hate of us I don't mind Drogs. This will fairly bring the caw.kies down to earth with a bang. :)

never left earth to begin with. we proved over the course of an entire season that we were the best team in the league. beaten over 90 minutes today. no complaints, drogheda deserved their win.

Roverstillidie
04/12/2005, 7:25 PM
crowd looked excellent and noisy on TV.

Cork really were dire though, despite all the talking up of the potential quaility of the game all week they werent even at the races. thank god we didnt get o'halloran 2 years ago, he was appaling. started brightly when billy woods kept at webb (what fool was on here saying he was the best left-back in the league) but they never got the simple passes going after that.

fair play to the drogs, but awfully dissapointed with how cork played.

BohDiddley
04/12/2005, 8:13 PM
Well done Drogs. :ball:
I was rooting for you lot because you were underdogs and Cork are cocky. And you played 'em off the park.
Went along as a neutral but took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up smack in the middle of what felt like all of Drogheda in exile. Felt weird, but I was happy for you.
Lookin' forward to singing that Fabio chant next season, despite the ferocious crest-kissing. ;)

Maynard
04/12/2005, 8:47 PM
Well done Drogheda, best team won. First half was unbearably bad, second was much better. Bit disappointed with Cork going forward. And what's with the new "Cork Athletic" style kit:confused: Ugly...:eek:

monkey magic
04/12/2005, 10:27 PM
And what's with the new "Cork Athletic" style kit:confused: Ugly...:eek:

two words; bray wanderers??

Cosmo
05/12/2005, 12:04 PM

Cheers :eek: - best day of my life :)

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:12 PM
started brightly when billy woods kept at webb (what fool was on here saying he was the best left-back in the league)

It was I, in an attempt to wind up the Cork boys. :p
Mission accomplished BTW :)

tiktok
05/12/2005, 3:02 PM
Well Done Drogs, best team won.
No Complaints from me, we were never in it after half-time.
Glad the crowd came across well on TV, it was great to be in the middle of it.

A face
05/12/2005, 4:49 PM
If Georgie is such a poor player and over rated ... then why are people getting worked up over him, just leave it go. Dont mention his name and he'll be forgotten about.

Bald Student
05/12/2005, 5:03 PM
crowd looked excellent and noisy on TV. My favourite part was when RTE turned the sound down on the Cork supporters when they started singing "**** Dublin suburb".

Risteard
05/12/2005, 7:51 PM
Fair play Drogs.
Didn't allow the City lads to get going at all and even though we'd the better of the first half we never looked like breaching their defence imo.
City, Derry & Drogs.
Champions 2005.
In your face Dublin, in your face.
Dundalk City, you're having a laugh.

ollie
05/12/2005, 9:25 PM
Dundalk City, you're having a laugh.
yeah what was the story with the womens team from dundalk?
since when did dundalk become a city??
thats the way they were named in the program anyway.

pete
05/12/2005, 10:12 PM
RTE had the Dundalk "CITY" wimen on the news tonight too. I was also confused.

If small time club fans want to abuse George can they start one thread & stop infecting every other thread?

Stay on topic people.

A face
05/12/2005, 11:42 PM
If small time club fans want to abuse George can they start one thread & stop infecting every other thread?

That is actually a brilliant idea .... see here !! (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=401540#post401540)

BohDiddley
06/12/2005, 6:39 AM
In your face Dublin, in your face.

I don't see what CHF has to do with it. ;)