PDA

View Full Version : Potential 11

The spaniard
03/12/2005, 3:54 PM
Hows about attempting to predict a potential X1 from the players we currently have on board

not going to attempt it personally as ive been divorced from the action for 18 months but id appreciate all feedback

galwaygirl
03/12/2005, 7:12 PM
I'm sorry The spaniard, but i dont think there's any point of this thread at all.

Our season is just 2 weeks over and even though i know the club are planning ahead for next season already, there's gonna be a lot of comings and goings in the next 2 months.
why not wait until then to ask people what their potential 11 is. I think it's far too early now and all we're going to be picking is those who played so well for the last 8 games

Conor H
03/12/2005, 7:22 PM
Agree with Galwaygirl....lets wait till we know the squad for next season.The season doesn't start till March 10 it aint even December 10 yet.

gustavo
03/12/2005, 8:21 PM
Who of the players ye already have would make an XI for you that would be able to challenge for the title ?

gustavo
03/12/2005, 9:14 PM
Rossiter came good for us!
the rest you mention were squad players who rarely started

sligoman
03/12/2005, 11:47 PM
Aye fair enough gus, but i could say McCartney, Foley, Sheridan, Feeney etc :pCheck yer facts before posting crap about other teams! McCartney played very little. Feeney and Foley were very good for most of the season and Sheridan made one sub appearance in the last game of the season. They really won us the title alright:rolleyes:.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 1:19 AM
No Sligoman that wasn't my point, It was that you have to have fairly average players in any good teams.Erm:

just look at Sligo they won the League while playing Gallagher Rossitier Gorman Alvarez Carr etc, we need to get the balance right between expierence and youth.

i could say McCartney, Foley, Sheridan, Feeney etc :pSo eh, what exactly is your point?:confused:

wexford boy
04/12/2005, 12:02 PM
My mates sister goes out with casey that plays for you.him and his girlfriend are gone travelling for a year.gone already as far as i know

Conor H
04/12/2005, 12:04 PM
Ya they left last week.

gustavo
04/12/2005, 8:36 PM
Supposedly ye are after signing Foley , if true is a good signing for ye .

Conor H
04/12/2005, 9:07 PM
Supposedly ye are after signing Foley , if true is a good signing for ye .
Ya heard that alright.

sligoman
04/12/2005, 9:07 PM
We are, and I don't like him :PI'm sure he's worried:rolleyes:.

Your opinion of him will change after you see him in a few games.

Red4Eva
05/12/2005, 9:17 AM
1.Gough
2.Keady
3.Casey
4.Clery
5.Keane
6.Harty
7.O'Brien
8.Murphy
9.Moran
10.Lavine
11.O'Reilly

that team wouldn't finish above harps.

i didn't think jason mccartney was good enuff this season but he's a ****te sight better than derek. carlos is miles better than disco. give me foley&feeney ahead of any of yer midfield from last year(mixie included). murphy ain't gonna win ye a league by himself. 3 more premier players at least then ye can start talkin bout trophies