PDA

View Full Version : Never mind nuts in UCD - THIS is preposterous...

Réiteoir
02/12/2005, 6:00 PM
From IFO (Irish Football Online):

Monaghan United are another club facing a €500 fine "for failing to rectify on ongoing issue with their shower facilities". The issue could have big consequences if it is not sorted for club licensing.

crazy!

Red4Eva
02/12/2005, 6:14 PM
i'm sure that €500 could have sorted out the showers

Mr A
02/12/2005, 6:16 PM
Ok, this is starting to get downright weird!

Mr A
02/12/2005, 6:21 PM
A lot of clubs will be taking a long hard look at their shower maintainence policies in light of this, and about time too- it's high time certain clubs stopped holding the whole league back with slightly inadequate shower facilities.

This is a great day for Ireland.

Da Real Rover
02/12/2005, 6:31 PM
This is a great day for Ireland.
More like western europe, no longer will Europes image be dirtied by inadequate showers.

coislaoi
02/12/2005, 6:33 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, they have got to cover up those peepholes.:eek: :eek:

pineapple stu
02/12/2005, 6:38 PM
Speaking of UCD, Rovers got fined E500 for one fan calling Gary Dicker (from Dublin) a Packi once during the game. I think Rovers fans shouted him down. Utter disgrace.

Monaghan were fined over their showers earlier in the season, so I'd imagine they were told what to do and didn't do it. Doesn't justify the magnitude of the fine, but still.

The Sheliban
02/12/2005, 7:22 PM
And I assume that if Monaghan don't pay the fine, they'll end up in hot water?

Poor Student
02/12/2005, 7:44 PM
Speaking of UCD, Rovers got fined E500 for one fan calling Gary Dicker (from Dublin) a Packi once during the game. I think Rovers fans shouted him down. Utter disgrace.

Monaghan were fined over their showers earlier in the season, so I'd imagine they were told what to do and didn't do it. Doesn't justify the magnitude of the fine, but still.

Balances out for the nuts.:D :D :D

Réiteoir
02/12/2005, 9:18 PM
And I assume that if Monaghan don't pay the fine, they'll end up in hot water?

No - because the boiler is knackered

monzo
02/12/2005, 9:49 PM
No - because the boiler is knackered

:D

The clubs seriously need to sort these sorta things out. No wonder people think this league is shoite.

Celdrog
02/12/2005, 10:18 PM
I am starting to think that the FAI want Mourhino as manager and are getting his wages through the fines.

Billy Lord
03/12/2005, 1:11 AM
Is Michael McDowell involved in these decisions? This whole fine-for-fining's-sake attitude smacks of the PD's stealth tax approach. Instead of urging clubs to do things properly (or even act sensibly) they just send them a bill. It solves nothing, but makes a few bob for the blazers and allows them to pretend that they're in control.
I can only imagine how they'll view Rovers in the First Division next season cos it's going to be mental like Manchester United in the Second Division in 74/75. I say we should just hand them 50K now, apologise for going nuts and get it over with, cos we are going everywhere, and in numbers.

BohsFans
03/12/2005, 1:14 AM
Clubs have to stand up to the league over this ridiculous fining.

pól-dcfc
03/12/2005, 2:12 AM
Poor Monaghan. Mud sticks :(

manic da hoop
03/12/2005, 10:39 AM
Surely this is an issue that must be raised at the next League AGM in January. One thing's for sure, if the matter is discussed all the clubs will, for once, present a united front, and progress might actually be made.

BohDiddley
03/12/2005, 12:41 PM
I can only imagine how they'll view Rovers in the First Division next season cos it's going to be mental like Manchester United in the Second Division in 74/75. I say we should just hand them 50K now, apologise for going nuts and get it over with, cos we are going everywhere, and in numbers.
Perhaps this should be a sticky. Then, no one can say they weren't warned.

Comic Book Guy
03/12/2005, 6:21 PM
Can people keep adding their clubs fines to this thread? Monaghan's €500 fine is probably the worst yet, but I know Ramblers wre fined €200 for not having an alternative gear in their match away to Galway in September.
The odd thing about that fine was that they were playing in their sky blue away strip and Galway were in ther usual maroon gear so what is the point of an alternative? There was no clash.
This whole fines business stinks to high heaven!

harpskid
03/12/2005, 6:41 PM
it's high time certain clubs stopped holding the whole league back with slightly inadequate shower facilities.

Have you seen the referee's room at Finn Park :eek:

Mr A
03/12/2005, 7:03 PM
Have you seen the referee's room at Finn Park

Far too good for the funking bar-stewards.

thejollyrodger
03/12/2005, 10:03 PM
im in favour of the fines.. it means clubs will take future directives serious

monutdfc
04/12/2005, 7:41 PM
We were fined for this earlier in the season, and it should have been sorted out. Teams have right to expect decent shower facilities. Funny thing is, we have plumber on our committee!

On the wider note, the fines thing is going crazy. Every league club gets a €3000 grant for their under-21 side. I'd say we have easily paid out at least half that in fines this season: €20 per yellow and €100 for the club if 5 or more players are booked. When the Chariman threatened not to pay one, it was simply deducted from the Under-21 grant.
What happens the money?

monutdfc
05/12/2005, 8:29 AM
Ha ha ha, it turns out Kevin the plumber installed a new pump which worked too well: the players used up all the hot water which meant the water was cold by the time the referees had finished congratulating themselves on what a good job they'd done (and filled in 4 expenses forms for their shared car) got into the shower there was no hot water left and they had cold showers. Ha ha ha, no wonder we get so many red cards!

Makes a €500 fines all the more ridiculous when it can be shown that the club did something about it, but the only way it can be tested is in a real after-match situation.

sonofstan
05/12/2005, 8:48 AM
I can only imagine how they'll view Rovers in the First Division next season cos it's going to be mental like Manchester United in the Second Division in 74/75. .

dear god... hubris, I think is the word.