PDA

View Full Version : Nuts

Pages : [1] 2

Bald Student
02/12/2005, 3:15 PM
Seriously, joking aside, is this over the nuts or did I miss something? This might even be stupider than fining Bohs fans for singing on their last visit to Belfield.

Shamrock Rovers were fined €500 for the improper conduct of their supporters and severely warned as to their future conduct arising out of an incident v U.C.D. (18.11.05).

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=15661&mainheading=Other&viewstory=yes

Conor H
02/12/2005, 3:18 PM
What did they do?

Bald Student
02/12/2005, 3:19 PM
What did they do?I missed the game myself but the lads said that some teenagers threw nuts at the home support.

DvB
02/12/2005, 3:20 PM
Its a seriously strange one either way!
I cant remember anything of note actually happening that night, on or off the pitch, other than of course the tediously debated nut throwing incident!
A new low for the FAI? or perhaps the conspiracy theory to get as many fines in before the season ended to cover their all expenses paid holidays was correct?

Koh

NY Hoop
02/12/2005, 3:22 PM
All joking aside that is a disgrace. I think if all clubs got together and refused to pay these ridiculous fines they would have to have a serious rethink how to finance their trips to sold trafford.

Where do these fines end ffs?:mad:

KOH

WeAreRovers
02/12/2005, 3:25 PM
From one of our directors on the Ultras board, it needs no further comment -

"Just been on to the EL. The match delegate reported that a Rovers fan racially abused UCD's Gary Dicker on several occassions. The fact that Dicker is not from Pakistan is no excuse for abusing him in such a manner. If anyone knows who is responsible for this moronic act, please tell him that he owes Rovers ?500 - and that he's a stupid, racist **** who should **** off."

KOH

Bald Student
02/12/2005, 3:27 PM
Fair enough, that did happen.

I'll withdraw my nuts allegation so.

[Thread Over]

BohsFans
02/12/2005, 5:14 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Dicker?

Sam Savic
02/12/2005, 5:16 PM
Fair enough, that did happen.

I'll withdraw my nuts allegation so.

[Thread Over]
Was it a Rovers fan and if so, what did UCD do about the incident? After all, it was a UCD home match. Proper criteria for dealing with situations like this were not followed.
Rovers should appeal this fine.

MrJoeSoap
02/12/2005, 5:20 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Dicker?

http://www.beamsystems.ie/photos/AD%20Dicker.jpg

bigmac
02/12/2005, 5:22 PM
Was it a Rovers fan and if so, what did UCD do about the incident? After all, it was a UCD home match.

It was hardly a UCD fan abusing his own player was it? The home team should not be responsible for the moronic behaviour of a visiting fan, how do you stop someone shouting racist abuse?

Schumi
02/12/2005, 5:22 PM
Was it a Rovers fan
It was hardly a UCD fan in all fairness!

Bald Student
02/12/2005, 5:35 PM
Proper criteria for dealing with situations like this were not followed.Could you tell us what those criteria are?

Roverstillidie
02/12/2005, 6:44 PM
I assume the point SS is making is that while the incident was repugnant and has been condemned by all hoops, how can you actually prove it was a Rovers fan? Are they going to fine every club for every incident?

UCD are technically at fault.

The authorities seem to have lost the plot with these fines.

pineapple stu
02/12/2005, 6:50 PM
I assume the point SS is making is that while the incident was repugnant and has been condemned by all hoops, how can you actually prove it was a Rovers fan?
If Rovers fans told yer man to shut up (as I think they did), then fining Rovers is disgraceful.

UCD are technically at fault.
How?! What are we supposed to do? How is a steward supposed to pick out of a crowd with certainty the one person who has just shouted something?! It's impossible. You try it the next time.

Incidentally, we were fined for inadequate stewarding against Bohs but not here. There's consistency. Although the fine v Bohs was apparently for us reporting the incident, which is disgraceful.

Roverstillidie
02/12/2005, 7:10 PM
If Rovers fans told yer man to shut up (as I think they did), then fining Rovers is disgraceful.

How?! What are we supposed to do? How is a steward supposed to pick out of a crowd with certainty the one person who has just shouted something?! It's impossible. You try it the next time.

why have stewards at all? if the authorities thing it important enough to fine us over, they could have dealt with it there and then. ive never heard of away teams getting fined for lack of stewarding on the home sides part.

you and i both know a so called Rovers fan gave Dicker abuse once (once too often) and was immediatly shouted down. but proving this and fining the club is preposterous. we agree on that.

my point is that if someone has to be blamed, its technically UCD. but thats divisive and we should be trying to stop these ridiculous, frivilious fines that pay for delaneys trips to old trafford. this is beyond a joke.

redgav
02/12/2005, 7:19 PM
Seriously, joking aside, is this over the nuts or did I miss something? This might even be stupider than fining Bohs fans for singing on their last visit to Belfield.

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=15661&mainheading=Other&viewstory=yes

Why is it that Rovers get a fine for this , yet shels get away scottfree with no fines after 4 pitch invasions against city during the game,a mass invasion after the game and the amount of items thrown at any cork players taking a corner ???!?!?!?!

BohsFans
03/12/2005, 1:18 AM
http://www.beamsystems.ie/photos/AD%20Dicker.jpg

That just goes to prove that rovers fans are stupid ****s!

A Packi?

Take a look at the pic! :rolleyes:

Roverstillidie
03/12/2005, 1:27 AM
That just goes to prove that rovers fans are stupid ****s!

A Packi?

Take a look at the pic! :rolleyes:

1 Rovers fan, once.

Its not as if we threatened our managers family or anything..... Oh wait, thats you!

Mark Breen
03/12/2005, 7:06 PM
Why is it that Rovers get a fine for this , yet shels get away scottfree with no fines after 4 pitch invasions against city during the game,a mass invasion after the game and the amount of items thrown at any cork players taking a corner ???!?!?!?!

What is the obsession with Shel's on all these chat forum's

Seriously we've had this discussion so many time's since the game's

Get over it, Get over us (Shels) and worry about your team, remember you's have a match tomorrow !!!!!!!!

Roverstillidie
03/12/2005, 8:46 PM
What is the obsession with Shel's on all these chat forum's

Seriously we've had this discussion so many time's since the game's

Get over it, Get over us (Shels) and worry about your team, remember you's have a match tomorrow !!!!!!!!

the point i assume redgav is making is that certain clubs appear to be getting fined heavily for minor incidents at away games while certain other clubs appear to be getting away with far more serious behaviour scott free.

could it be that one club is up the FAI's hole while the other is a pain in it?

Sam Savic
03/12/2005, 9:24 PM
After further investigation, it appears that this single fan shouted racist abuse once and was told to shut up. As far as I'm aware, the delegate reported that the player was abused several times. This is clearly not the case.
There are a number of ways of dealing with situations like this. We had a similar situation at the Rovers V Waterford match recently when a number of Waterford fans sang a racist song. They only sang it once.
Racism is very rare in Irish football. Normally the fans deal with the situation themselves just like in these two cases. Racism is something that wouldn't be tolerated at Rovers and fining Rovers for the Dicker case is disgraceful. Hopefully it will be appealed.

pineapple stu
04/12/2005, 12:44 AM
:p
why have stewards at all?
If something like a pitch invasion or crowd trouble occurs, I would expect the stewards to deal with it. I fone person shots something most of the cors don't hear, I would not expect the stewards to be able to pick that person out of the crowd.

my point is that if someone has to be blamed, its technically UCD.
But it was your fans who souted it, not ours - why don't you take responsibility for it?

but thats divisive and we should be trying to stop these ridiculous, frivilious fines that pay for delaneys trips to old trafford. this is beyond a joke.
I agree 100%. We should be fighting the common enemy - the Judaean People's Front...I mean...the FAI!!

Roverstillidie
04/12/2005, 1:19 AM
:p
If something like a pitch invasion or crowd trouble occurs, I would expect the stewards to deal with it. I fone person shots something most of the cors don't hear, I would not expect the stewards to be able to pick that person out of the crowd.

I broadly agree, thats why its an outrageous idea to fine clubs over everything. but where else in the world are away clubs expected to be resposnible for security? especially in a non segregated game? its typical FAIlure.

But it was your fans who souted it, not ours - why don't you take responsibility for it?

we have, look at the Rovers MB. he was shut up immediatly. But proving it was us is a different kettle of fish. Why dont a few Rovers lads go to pox park next season and see if we can cost boyezzz 10,000

I agree 100%. We should be fighting the common enemy - the Judaean People's Front...I mean...the FAI!!

agree. the clubs should start refusing to pay these poxy things.

BohsFans
04/12/2005, 2:51 AM
1 Rovers fan, once.

Its not as if we threatened our managers family or anything..... Oh wait, thats you!

What the **** are you talking about??

GF or his family have never been threatened you ****in idiot:rolleyes:

Slash/ED
04/12/2005, 1:09 PM

And he never said Gareth Farrelly or even his family were once threatened.

Roverstillidie
04/12/2005, 2:34 PM

christ these gypos have short memories. must be all the coke the BSC are puntinf in the dalymount jacks.

pineapple stu
04/12/2005, 5:51 PM
We have, look at the Rovers MB. He was shut up immediatly.
Yeah, I think I commented on that as well - that should really be the end of the matter. If I were a steward - and in the unlikely event I'd seen who it was who shouted - I'd have considered that to be the end of the matter. Common sense, I believe it's called.

Poor Student
04/12/2005, 5:59 PM

It seems blatantly obvious to me that he is referring to Pete Mahon.

BohsFans
05/12/2005, 12:06 AM
It seems blatantly obvious to me that he is referring to Pete Mahon.

What Pete "make up a story" Mahon! :rolleyes:

If you believed his family were abused you probably believe that rovers were too good too go down! :rolleyes:

BohsFans
05/12/2005, 12:08 AM
And he never said Gareth Farrelly or even his family were once threatened.

read!

our managers family or anything

NY Hoop
05/12/2005, 11:31 AM

If you believed his family were abused you probably believe that rovers were too good too go down! :rolleyes:

And if you honestly beleieve that his family were not abused you are delusional. But you think boez are the big club so..............

KOH

sfc red
05/12/2005, 12:33 PM
FFS, would yiz ever grow up.

(cue a childish "all Shels fans are 12" remark to prove my point)

pineapple stu
05/12/2005, 5:25 PM
If you believed his family were abused you probably believe that rovers were too good too go down!
Keep saying it and it might come true some day...:rolleyes:

BohsFans
06/12/2005, 12:44 AM
Keep saying it and it might come true some day...:rolleyes:

Well seems as Mahon was nothing to do with youse at the time, how would you know?

I know exactly what happened with Mahon and his family and his family certainly weren't abused by bohs fans. Just because he goes on MF doesn't mean what he says is true!

What is it about this mb? "all" the ****in UCD fans think their experts on everyone elses business :rolleyes:

sfc red
06/12/2005, 8:37 AM
Everyone elses business? "My daddy could beat up your daddy" type posts betweem Bohs and Rovers fans is hardly worthwhile business

Tenderloins
06/12/2005, 8:48 AM
The fines are getting ridiculous. Mind you, if they put in the FAI to make fines for Racism in European football, well there'd be a few Spanish and Italian clubs out of business.
The fact that the crowd dealt with the idiot in question, should have been enough in my own opinion.
What will happen next is fans will start taking the ****. Start calling Ollie Byrne or the likes, Pakis. What will the FAI do then?
Reminds me of a few years ago at a Cork game i Bishopstown, someone shouted "Harrington you fat Welsh *******". He was told by the other Rovers fans that he was being racist. So "Harrington you fat *******" was his next shout. Of course that was acceptable.

Jerry The Saint
06/12/2005, 9:24 AM
The fines are getting ridiculous. Mind you, if they put in the FAI to make fines for Racism in European football, well there'd be a few Spanish and Italian clubs out of business.

I expect Pats to be fined retrospectively for monkey chants aimed at......

David "A-dolf" Crawley!

Wouldn't be any more ironic than clubs being fined so the FAI can pay over the odds to someone like Terry Venables. :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
06/12/2005, 12:43 PM
Well seems as Mahon was nothing to do with youse at the time, how would you know?
Yeah, 'cos he obviously has no facility to remember the past in any way.

I know exactly what happened with Mahon and his family and his family certainly weren't abused by bohs fans. Just because he goes on MF doesn't mean what he says is true!
Just because you say it didn't happen doesn't make it true either. It was widely reported at the time, with quotes by Mahon. But of course, I'm sure he's a liar rather than a small minority of Bohs fans being scumbags. Heaven forbid, that could never be the case.

We've had this discussion before. I'm perfectly happy to believe media reports which include quotes from someone who I've spoken to and found to be a perfectly level-headed, reasonable person who is quite happy to stay out of the limelight. Even when Doolin launched that disgraceful tirade at him in 2004, Mahon was initially reluctant to get drawn in and asked me, among others, if Doolin really was talking as much sh!te as he thought he was. I honestly don't see Mahon as the kind of person who would make up the stuff about his family getting abused. On the other hand, I could very well believe Bohs fans passing over the incident as trivial and irrelevant.

BohsFans
06/12/2005, 7:03 PM
Yeah, 'cos he obviously has no facility to remember the past in any way.

Just because you say it didn't happen doesn't make it true either. It was widely reported at the time, with quotes by Mahon. But of course, I'm sure he's a liar rather than a small minority of Bohs fans being scumbags. Heaven forbid, that could never be the case.

We've had this discussion before. I'm perfectly happy to believe media reports which include quotes from someone who I've spoken to and found to be a perfectly level-headed, reasonable person who is quite happy to stay out of the limelight. Even when Doolin launched that disgraceful tirade at him in 2004, Mahon was initially reluctant to get drawn in and asked me, among others, if Doolin really was talking as much sh!te as he thought he was. I honestly don't see Mahon as the kind of person who would make up the stuff about his family getting abused. On the other hand, I could very well believe Bohs fans passing over the incident as trivial and irrelevant.

Just listen to yourself for a minute! You really believe your the expert on this Bohs related matter, which has nothing to do with ucd.
You can be the guliable idiot and believe what you read if you want, but don't go imposing it on us as "the truth".

The things Mahon said in the media were a massive expansion on the truth nad this was done to divert attention away from the fact that he couldn't handle the pressure at the big club and thus this was the perfect excuse for him to leave with his reputation intact!

He can't handle a professional football team, only juniors or ucd who are juniors performing at a higher level.

Roverstillidie
06/12/2005, 8:24 PM
The things Mahon said in the media were a massive expansion on the truth.

so you admit there is a grain of truth to it?

as was said earlier, its easier to believe PM than the fact that bohs dont have a group of cowards masquerading as firm.

Poor Student
06/12/2005, 10:21 PM
He can't handle a professional football team, only juniors or ucd who are juniors performing at a higher level.

By juniors I assume you mean the players we've had selected recently at underage level for Ireland?

BohsFans
06/12/2005, 10:25 PM
By juniors I assume you mean the players we've had selected recently at underage level for Ireland?

NO I don't

BohsFans
06/12/2005, 10:27 PM
so you admit there is a grain of truth to it?

as was said earlier, its easier to believe PM than the fact that bohs dont have a group of cowards masquerading as firm.

You really are OBSESSED with the BSC aren't you?

If youse aren't talking about them on here, your talking about them on the Cliftonville mb, when they couldn't give a fuc k

NY Hoop
07/12/2005, 10:53 AM
The things Mahon said in the media were a massive expansion on the truth nad this was done to divert attention away from the fact that he couldn't handle the pressure at the big club and thus this was the perfect excuse for him to leave with his reputation intact!

Tremendous hilarity:D :D :D

KOH

pineapple stu
07/12/2005, 12:26 PM
You really believe your the expert on this Bohs related matter, which has nothing to do with ucd.
Explain how only Bohs fans can know what went on?! I've talked with Pete on a couple of occasions - evidently my impressions of him shouldn't be admitted as evidence while Bohs fans ranting about how nothing happened while shooting down any contrary evidence without a shred of an argument -

"You can be the guliable idiot and believe what you read if you want, but don't go imposing it on us as "the truth".

If youse aren't talking about them on here, your talking about them on the Cliftonville mb, when they couldn't give a fuc k

What is it about this mb? "all" the ****in UCD fans think their experts on everyone elses business
should be taken as gospel? Get over yourself. You haven't put forward a single rational argument in support of your view, and I'm the one who "believe[s I'm] "the expert"?

I'm not saying anything is truth or otherwise. I am trying to put a little bit of perspective on a story which Bohs fans seem quite happy to report in whatever way suits themselves. I am saying that, given a choice of believing Bohs fans or the media reporting Pete Mahon, I know which I'd choose.

BohsFans
07/12/2005, 3:42 PM
Well I think I'm in a better position to judge as I was at Bohs games where the so-called family abuse happened.

Were you?

Did you have any interest in the Bohs manager at the time?

I seriously doubted!

Mahon has proved himself to be a liar, simple as!

pineapple stu
07/12/2005, 4:11 PM
Even though the family abuse was also reported to have taken place at 2am outside his house and in public areas outside of Bohs?

Bald Student
07/12/2005, 4:30 PM
Well I think I'm in a better position to judge as I was at Bohs games where the so-called family abuse happened.Were you stalking his family? If not, it's possible something happened at the game which you didn't see. Dalymount is a big place. Without wanting to wade into a big row, is this the limit of your knowledge on the issue?

Roverstillidie
07/12/2005, 7:45 PM

me on what board? the BSC don't give a f.uck about Rovers? its their entitire aim in life to be the Rovers Casuals ffs.

Mahon has proved himself to be a liar, simple as!

how so? back that up.