PDA

View Full Version : Who's going, who's staying?

daithi
02/12/2005, 1:39 PM
Who have we signed for next season? Whats the story with Dillo? Any rumours or gossip? It's gone very quiet here......

Wiseguy
02/12/2005, 3:20 PM
Heard Dillo is staying.Also heard that Clive Delaney maybe on his way.

Maz
02/12/2005, 6:19 PM
Dillo doesnt want to go full time but offers coming from Shels plus Drogheda are jumping over themselves to sign him.
Still not sure as to what he is doing

Martinho II
03/12/2005, 4:37 PM

would not be too suprised with delaney moving down back south with his failure to get an accounting job in derry himself?

not too sure if he would be a good enough signing for us considering his poor performance against us for pats two years ago in the cup final1

derry fans wots yer opinion on him?

Dillo
03/12/2005, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure about Delaney but Longford could certainly do with a few more Clives.

Haven't heard any news on the transfer market.

All I know is, it's a shame we're not in Lansdowne tomorrow. Only for that ridiculous refereeing decision against UCD who knows?? :(

Maz
04/12/2005, 6:45 AM
I'm not sure about Delaney but Longford could certainly do with a few more Clives.

Haven't heard any news on the transfer market.

All I know is, it's a shame we're not in Lansdowne tomorrow. Only for that ridiculous refereeing decision against UCD who knows?? :(
Ah look it could be worse, and not to start a whole debate on that game but we did have a second shot to beat em and we didnt...so its by gones

Macy
05/12/2005, 7:12 AM
Also heard that Clive Delaney maybe on his way.
Please not that over rated streak of píss. Most overrated defender in the league (including honker hawkins).

Wiseguy
05/12/2005, 8:56 AM
Please not that over rated streak of píss. Most overrated defender in the league (including honker hawkins).

I know and he wouldn't come cheap either.His wage demands are surely over €1000 p.w. I also heard that Alan & Jim are looking abroad for more talent.Apparently they have made a few trips to a country in the hope of poaching some good talent at an affordable price.We'll just have to wait and see.

daithi
05/12/2005, 1:45 PM
I heard we're after Alan McNally and Robbie Martin from UCD...

max power
05/12/2005, 2:28 PM
I know and he wouldn't come cheap either.His wage demands are surely over €1000 p.w. I also heard that Alan & Jim are looking abroad for more talent.Apparently they have made a few trips to a country in the hope of poaching some good talent at an affordable price.We'll just have to wait and see.

indeed alan is trying too get players in from abroad, as he said himself, the players leaving shels are looking for crazy wages and the club are on a budget so we have to signb wisely.

Wiseguy
05/12/2005, 4:19 PM
indeed alan is trying too get players in from abroad, as he said himself, the players leaving shels are looking for crazy wages and the club are on a budget so we have to signb wisely.

It makes sense to look elsewhere.My should the club put it's future at risk just to suit 1 or 2 player's wage demands.I know it may sound funny but we don't have the added expense of Europe this year so it may give us a chance of a better crack at the league.It's a shame we didn't make the Setanta Cup because we may have made some money from it this time around but yet again it's another distraction out of the way.4th place is defo up for grabs and depending on how Derry get on this season 3rd may also be available.Whatever the outcome of the season we should be looking to accumulate around 50 points as that would be an improvement.Who knows maybe this season the goals might flow.

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 10:52 AM
Agree 100%. He's nothing on Wesley Charles!

Longfordian
07/12/2005, 11:11 AM
I'd be amazed if we signed Delaney, money is tighter this year I think it's fair to say and he'd be on big spondos im sure. Robbie Martin wants to come to us apparently, not sure if it'll happen but he's a decent player. Heard talk of looking abroad alright but I don't know if any firm arrangements have been made, interesting that even one of our fromer players admitted to fans recently that the players in the EL are all overpaid. There's surely cheaper equivalents to be found. It just requires some imagination

max power
07/12/2005, 1:18 PM
There's surely cheaper equivalents to be found. It just requires some imagination

thats exectly what the manager told me last week.

Murph
07/12/2005, 4:20 PM
Maybe they'll do like Irish ferries. Sack all the players and replace them with cheaper ones from Eastern Europe!!

Dillo
07/12/2005, 10:33 PM
I saw Paul Doolin was enquiring about Dillo on today's mirror. :(

What's the latest on him?

Maz
08/12/2005, 9:57 AM
I saw Paul Doolin was enquiring about Dillo on today's mirror. :(

What's the latest on him?
Drogheda have said they will keep with Shels offers to sign him, they really really want him, but havent heard anything further

Bosco
08/12/2005, 5:28 PM
Was taking to someone who met vinny perth up in dublin.According to vinny,dillos gone for sure.

town73
08/12/2005, 5:58 PM
three who are staying (http://www.longfordtownfc.com)

Maz
08/12/2005, 6:01 PM
three who are staying (http://www.longfordtownfc.com)
Excellent news about John and Stephen especially. Two excellent players, delighted to see them stay on

Dyl10
08/12/2005, 6:02 PM
would not be too suprised with delaney moving down back south with his failure to get an accounting job in derry himself?

not too sure if he would be a good enough signing for us considering his poor performance against us for pats two years ago in the cup final1

derry fans wots yer opinion on him?

Im no Derry fan but i must say he is a class act and is a plus for any EL teams back four

Martinho II
10/12/2005, 4:37 PM
surprised that baker is staying as i thought he had a up and down season! delighted with johnny martin and paiso at least we can build the team around them.

in other transfer news pats are linked with andy myler and I heard from one of the lads in dublin who is friendly with gary rogers best mate that gary rogers is going to sign for us!

i have always rated rogers and think he would be a perfect replacement for digger.

how many years contract has the lads signed for?

max power
15/12/2005, 2:25 PM
eh marty rogers is a defender ??? is it williams you mean ???

if so i know noel doesn't rate him at all so i dont think there would be much chance of him coming.

on rogers, he is 30....get him on the right contract and i think its a good signing.

pineapple stu
15/12/2005, 2:37 PM
I heard we're after Alan McNally and Robbie Martin from UCD...
You couldn't afford either. Both are under 23 and with us for five or so years. You'd be looking at E50k each at the very least.

I can't see how Clive Delaney's wages would be a grand a week. That'd be more than he's on in PWC, so he'd just go pro and move to Derry then, with good qualifications to get back into accountancy if anything went wrong.

RockofGibraltar
16/12/2005, 1:54 PM
eh marty rogers is a defender ??? is it williams you mean ???

if so i know noel doesn't rate him at all so i dont think there would be much chance of him coming.

on rogers, he is 30....get him on the right contract and i think its a good signing.

actually max, rogers is a goalie, he was drogs no.1 before they signed dan connor, he is a good goalie imo, got caught out by kirbys lob 2 years ago in O2 park though!

max power
16/12/2005, 2:42 PM
thus the ?????? i wasn't sure.