PDA

View Full Version : Turn for the worst at Man United

Rover 2 U
02/12/2005, 1:25 PM
Things look to be going from bad to worse at manchester as they have decided to make a Neville Sister their new club captain. :D

From Unison.ie

Gary Neville appointed as new Man Utd captain

13:32 Friday December 2nd 2005

England defender Gary Neville has been appointed as Manchester United's new club captain.
The position became vacant following the departure of Irishman Roy Keane last month.

Neville was chosen as his successor from a shortlist of three candidates that also included Ryan Giggs and Ruud van Nistelrooy, who skippered United in the immediate aftermath of Keane's exit.

gustavo
02/12/2005, 1:32 PM
Why do you say that ?
He was the logical choice.

Rover 2 U
02/12/2005, 1:45 PM
Spent force. They have just conceeded the point now buy appointing a Neville as their club captain. Look at the boots he is trying to fill, Keane, Cantona, Robson, ..... , Neville:D

He hardly fits into that group now does he?

gustavo
02/12/2005, 7:28 PM
well for a start you arent comparing like with like . he has been consistently good for them for the last 10 years and very rarely has a bad game .

Rebal Boy
02/12/2005, 8:07 PM
I think Neville will do good. I have great faith in him. I'm a Utd fan when it comes to the Premiership and have been for years. He's been Captain a few times when Keane was injured or sup.

feo123
02/12/2005, 9:28 PM
Gary Neville is a top class, consistent, reliable defender and he is very good going forward! as for him being captain...i think, as a united fan, he is the only man for the job! takin nothing away from Ruud though, he done very well for the time he was captain! Gary is a good talker, one of the only real loud mouths on the pitch we have got!

The Stars
05/12/2005, 8:42 PM
when did he sign for Rovers feo?

Conor H
05/12/2005, 8:56 PM
as a united fan, he is the only man for the job!
I don't know i think Goughie will be a good captain!:D

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 12:26 PM
Rat face Neville is no Pascal Chimbonda!:p

Aldini98
06/12/2005, 12:37 PM
Gary Neville is a top class, consistent, reliable defender and he is very good going forward! as for him being captain...i think, as a united fan, he is the only man for the job! takin nothing away from Ruud though, he done very well for the time he was captain! Gary is a good talker, one of the only real loud mouths on the pitch we have got!

How did Ruud do a good job exactly ? Did he show the rest of them how to cheat ? :o

Rover 2 U
06/12/2005, 1:05 PM
i'm hearing he may play tomorrow night for the first time in his role as "club captain". wouldn't it be hilarious if they crashed out of europe at the group stages for the first time ever with him as the new club captain! what a great start that would be for young gary :D

come on benfica, do it for gary!:p

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 1:11 PM
How did Ruud do a good job exactly ? Did he show the rest of them how to cheat ? :o
Noticed that if you go to the George O' Callaghan hate thread and change "George O' Callaghan" to "Ruud Van Horseface" it still holds meaning. Imagine that:confused:

ThatGuy
06/12/2005, 1:11 PM
Things look to be going from bad to worse at manchester as they have decided to make a Neville Sister their new club captain. :D

From Unison.ie
What are you on? Neville is as reliable and solid a defender as any in world-football, has been with the club for years and is a leader.

Rover 2 U
06/12/2005, 1:23 PM
What are you on? Neville is as reliable and solid a defender as any in world-football, has been with the club for years and is a leader.

a leader indeed. have you seen the thunder and lightening clip. he was a leader that day alright, cause he was first one to run into hiding! a leader you say, but he needed uncle roy to look after him when patrick the big boy stepped up to tell him off. as for his form as a defender, he is not fit to clean the boots of dennis irwin. when he reaches that standard come back to me!

brian robson - legend. eric cantona - legend. roy keane - legend.
.................gary neville - your having a laugh!:D ....................

Rover 2 U
07/12/2005, 9:16 PM
i'm hearing he may play tomorrow night for the first time in his role as "club captain". wouldn't it be hilarious if they crashed out of europe at the group stages for the first time ever with him as the new club captain! what a great start that would be for young gary

come on benfica, do it for gary!

:D

Couldn't be any happier right now. no wait, i could, but only if they made him captain of england too, now that would be fun.:D

benfica! benfica! gary neville! gary neville! ha ha ha ha ha:D

legend????

SligoBrewer
07/12/2005, 9:33 PM
They Have!

And'll crash out of the Fa Cup to local ledge Keith Gilroy as well!!!

sligoman
07/12/2005, 10:06 PM
And'll crash out of the Fa Cup to local ledge Keith Gilroy as well!!!Oh yeah. Forgive me for not actually believing you on that one;) :p.

jockser
07/12/2005, 10:47 PM
LOL the scum finish bottom of the easiest group in the CL.......i suppose they did well to stay in contention until the final game but as usual the cream finally rises to the top and in the end they inevitably crumble to a superior Benfica side.:D :D

JoeSemi
07/12/2005, 10:51 PM
What have United and the Titanic got in common?

Both skippers sent out warning signals, but they still sank to the bottom!!

dfx-
07/12/2005, 10:56 PM
To quote someone else....

"Coronation Street, Matt Busby, The Stone Roses, cobbled streets, inbred chavs, Gary Neville... YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING TONIGHT"

:cool:

Risteard
07/12/2005, 11:48 PM
Methinks the greatest Mutual Consent story yet could be brewing.
Happy.

OwlsFan
08/12/2005, 8:45 AM
Will Ferguson stay or go? He seemed confident enough in the interview afterwards.

I think Giles made a good point comparing a football manager to a politician - that if you stay around a long time you'll eventually fail and be ousted. He forgot that this applied to democracies - no one ousted Stalin :eek:

I don't see Ferguson walking until he's ready and whether the Glaziers will then push him we'll have to wait and see.

Dumpy had his usual go at the Premiership, ignoring the fact that a slightly better than average Premiership team won the CL last year and that Premiership teams topped two of the groups and that the two English teams (one of which he sneered, Bolton) are still going along nicely in the UEFA Cup.

Aldini98
08/12/2005, 9:04 AM
Who cares, Man U out of Europe, oh happy days !!!!!!!

Roadend
08/12/2005, 11:17 AM
Dumpy had his usual go at the Premiership, ignoring the fact that a slightly better than average Premiership team won the CL last year and that Premiership teams topped two of the groups and that the two English teams (one of which he sneered, Bolton) are still going along nicely in the UEFA Cup.

He is right about the premiership though, it is definitely third behind Spain and Italy in terms of quality.

KK77
08/12/2005, 11:25 AM
Poor old Roo69 is quiet today the man who wished Liverpool all the best in the UEFA Cup back in early June me thinks ahh well no matter what happens now we won't need his best wishes for that as we won't be in it though i must wish Roo all the best in the UEFA Cup OOPS sorry Roo i forgot you didn't make it!!!! Couldn't resit it as what goes around comes around!!!!

Rory H
08/12/2005, 11:29 AM
bill o herlihy:eamon,what does this mean for alex ferguson now
eamon:its over..bill...its over
bill:but eamon,we've been doing it for so long,i can change
Eamon:i was talking about man uniteds team
John Giles:bill,it started 4 years ago in munich
Eamon:we said it was the beginning of the end
Bill:theres someone else isnt there
Eamon:carlos queiroz,he doesnt have a clue...its his fault,the main man is too old now too
Bill:you said i matured with age like a fine cheddar
Eamon:bill you can talk about cheese all night but the fact is that cheese ran away with a young one and in saipan he was creep
Bill:come on now eamon,you cant say that
Eamon:well its true..i cant stay here any longer [walks off]

the sad ending lads,the sad ending

Hulsey
08/12/2005, 12:42 PM
What do you call a man utd fan still in Europe in February?
A tourist.:D
What a result! Watched the game in a pub full of united fans and laughed the whole way through. The so called united "faithfull" turned on them as soon as Benfica equalised. And who was at fault for letting his man in front of him for that goal. Captain Invisable rat face Neville of course!