PDA

View Full Version : Scully Replacement

finlma
01/12/2005, 1:21 PM
Looks like Scully is on his way to Rovers. I for one wouldn't mind Brendan Rea coming in. He's a bit of a hero around Kilkenny and I thought he did a good job of keeping Waterford up.

I hope we can hold onto most of last seasons players too.

Hulsey
01/12/2005, 1:31 PM
Not desputing Rea did a good job to keep Waterford up as they seemed certain for the drop, but a hell of a lot of the credit has to go to Pat Dolan. Just look at their results after he joined. How is that man out of the EL??? He's the best manager the leagues had in ages.

Conor H
01/12/2005, 2:00 PM
but a hell of a lot of the credit has to go to Pat Dolan. Just look at their results after he joined. How is that man out of the EL??? He's the best manager the leagues had in ages.
His wage demands is the reason most clubs don't go after him.I mean he got a very nice little package for keeping waterford up.

sligoman
02/12/2005, 1:59 AM
I for one wouldn't mind Brendan Rea coming in. He's a bit of a hero around Kilkenny and I thought he did a good job of keeping Waterford up.In fairness, I'd say Rea done feck all to keep Waterford up.

joema
02/12/2005, 5:22 PM
Yeah I agree with you there sligoman. I still wouldnt mind seeing Brendan given a chance he is a bit of a City legend other than him I wouldnt be too surprised to see Tommy Gaynor get it. He was in the running for the job last year.

Mental Man
02/12/2005, 5:36 PM
Lads if ye honestly think that Rea kept up the blues by himself than ye are seriously wrong, Dolan was the decisive factor, when Rea came in he drew 1 game and lost 6 thats when the directors had enough and called in Pat Dolan.
The reason why he wasnt kept is the fact that he has no experience at premier level and the players werent happy with him and most importantly has no qualifications.
Johnny Matthews is the latest name to take over up in buckley park, now theres a guy that could do it for ye if given the resources and by christ does he have the experience.
Good luck to Johnny if he gets it, terrible nice bloke.

joema
02/12/2005, 6:11 PM
Does Johnny have any managerial experience? Im just wondering Im not trying to be cheeky or anything as Rea has limited managerial experience and Scully had none

Mental Man
02/12/2005, 8:24 PM
MY GOD, i cant believe you asked me that about Johnny, He has the greatest amount of goals scored i think is over 150, he managed the blues twice and led them to promotion in 1989/1990.
Probably the best footballing brain i have personally ever experienced, saw this recently where 5 minutes before a goal was scored he could tell me who was going to make the mistake, who was going to pass the ball to who, and who was going to score the bloody thing.
In the end i asked johnny for the results of the races the following week, it was unnerving to watch.
Even though he is 59 i think, he is still fit enough to be refereeing matches here in waterford, an all time League of Ireland legend.
He will do a good job for ye and i for 1 will be up in buckley park to watch him if he gets the job.

Rebal Boy
02/12/2005, 8:29 PM
I bet Roddy langer Collins will get this job. Just ye watch.

joema
02/12/2005, 8:35 PM
Not a chance rebal boy. There is no way we could afford him in any case

rammie
02/12/2005, 8:52 PM
Nah Roddy needs a Premier team..he's going for the hat-trick..
DC 2004, Shams 2005, ..? 2006:D

Scully is a huge loss to Kilkenny, I wonder how many players will follow him.
If ye held on to him and the squad I'd of backed ye to win the title..

Dolan has proven he is streets ahead of the rest and in fairness knows his value, unfortunately every club wants all the success that he can bring without the expense....perfect world eh

finlma
05/12/2005, 11:02 AM
I bet Roddy langer Collins will get this job. Just ye watch.

Not a hope - that would be a disaster. I'm glad we can't afford him. Rea would have learned a bit from Dolan and he was such a legend in Buckley before that he'd be welcomed by all the supporters.