PDA

View Full Version : Let the speculation begin...

Maynard
01/12/2005, 11:47 AM
Ok, so here's our first piece of transfer speculation...John Lester. From what I gather a former Drogheda midfielder that left at the end of last season.

"Meanwhile John Lester, Andy Myler, Gary Cronin, Aidan Lynch, Sean McClare and John Flanagan have all left the Boyneside outfit."

Googled him and got that, interesting to see both Cronin and Lynch listed there with him. Hopefully he's as good (if not better) than Lynch, and not as old as Gar Cronin! So anyone know any more about him? Where has he been for the last 12 months? Do we want/need him?

Dick Long
01/12/2005, 11:55 AM
John Lester spent the second half of the season with Waterford United, having recovered from a series of injuries that ruined his Drogheda career. He was ridiculously overweight when he arrived and only 'fairly overweight' when he left. He really started to shine towards the end of the season and show flashes of a proper player. If he can keep his weight in check I'd rate him as a good upper table Premier midfielder. He's patient on the ball, has a bit of vision and is willing to get stuck in. Very sorry to see him go. Last time you lot were up I remember posting similarly about Gary O'Neill! He's not quite that good but will do a very good job. He's still only 23 or 24 too.

Maynard
01/12/2005, 5:19 PM
Cheers for that. Sounds promising alright...

Rusty
07/12/2005, 1:10 AM
dont normally post on here but have to say that if you get johnny fit he is a good solid player. a moster in the tackle and can hit a pass too. wish him and dave freeman all the best with DC next year