PDA

View Full Version : Elliott's back trouble

Paulie
01/12/2005, 10:13 AM
Stephen Elliott seems to be having problems with his back. He's missed the last few games for Sunderland because of it and the impression I get from the little bit there has been in the media about it is that it's not a clear cut injury that just needs to be rested or treated and will then go away. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to be more of an on-going condition that will need to be watched throughout his career. The last thing we need is for one of our more promising young players to go the same road as Keith O'Neill who had to retire very prematurely from the game due to problems with his back.

zinedineontour
01/12/2005, 4:24 PM
yeah he only played half a game against arsenal recently and then told mick he couldnt play on the sat cause it was still to sore .. hes out this weekend as well with it .. Think sunderland are very worried about it and dont wanna throw him back in too early .. hopefully it will all come good soon ..

thejollyrodger
01/12/2005, 5:03 PM
fingers crossed lads :S

Stuttgart88
05/12/2005, 8:00 AM
The last thing we need is for one of our more promising young players to go the same road as Keith O'Neill who had to retire very prematurely from the game due to problems with his back.
Is this not a bit premature? There's another alarmist comment on the Connolly thread.

The guy's injured, isn't that all?

Irish_Praha
05/12/2005, 11:48 AM
The guy's injured, isn't that all?

I hope so. If it's anything serious I wouldn't have much confidence in Sunderland's medical staff, look at the balls they made of Healy's comeback. Then again maybe they are being overly cautious this time because of what happened with Healy. It would be better for him to miss 4 or 5 games and fully recover rather than return too early and end up missing the rest of the season. I guess we'll find out in the next week or two how serious it is.

zinedineontour
05/12/2005, 4:12 PM
I think in this case they are being overly cautious as we brought back arca and stephen wright too early and they both got injured again so thats why its very slowly slowly with sleeves .. he had an outside chance of the bench for spurs and should be back in the reckoning for charlton on saturday ..