PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Dream Team

swift
30/11/2005, 2:43 AM
I just thought it would be interesting if we picked a "Dream Team" from Mayo over the last ten years. I know it will be controversal but this is my team:

1. James Larkin(Straide and Foxford Utd.)
2. Martin Neary(Straide and Foxford Utd.)
3. Andy Neary(Straide and Foxford Utd.)
4. John Kenny(Straide and Foxford Utd.)
5. Kieran Murphy(Castlebar Celtic)
6. Fergal Forde(Ballina Town)
7. Danny Scahill(Westport Utd.)
8. Dave Cameron(Westport Utd.)
9. Johnny Jordan(Straide and Foxford Utd.)
10. Kevin Ryan(Castlebar Celtic)
11. Keith Bourke(Castlebar Celtic)

12. Martin Vahey(Ballyglass)
13. Eric Reilly(Erris Utd)
14. Sean Reilly(Castlebar Celtic)
15. Joe Lawless(Westport Utd.)
16. Damien Ansboro(Manulla)

Now I know that people wont agree with me but I just picked players that in that position were I think the best. See what ye think

headerball
30/11/2005, 2:38 PM
i would say that westport would have a lot to say about their small amount in the team.
after all they must be the best team in mayo in the last decade because of their fai win albeit in extremely controversial circumstances !

gnasher
30/11/2005, 5:33 PM
i would say that westport would have a lot to say about their small amount in the team.
after all they must be the best team in mayo in the last decade because of their fai win albeit in extremely controversial circumstances !

I, for one, am not going through this again. Leave it out. Get on with your life man. there must be better things for you to post about.

swift
01/12/2005, 12:45 AM

Headerball ten years ago Westport were in the second division of the Mayo League so I dont know where you are coming from. Westport are a massive team dont get me wrong but the players I selected on my Dream Team were based on performances over ten years or so. Also the Westport players I picked are the best in their position, ten years ago some of the lads were playing U-16 so I could not pick them

headerball
02/12/2005, 9:20 AM
I, for one, am not going through this again. Leave it out. Get on with your life man. there must be better things for you to post about.

listen gnasher, i'm sure its all been said before but i don't have the time to trawl through all posts ! i was simply stating a fact which was in relation to the so called dream team selection.
i think you need to realise that whenever any trophy is won in controversial circumstances it is going to be brought up every so often.
if westport retain the cup this year then i'll have to applaud them but i am certain they won't !

gnasher
02/12/2005, 12:00 PM
listen gnasher, i'm sure its all been said before but i don't have the time to trawl through all posts ! i was simply stating a fact which was in relation to the so called dream team selection.
i think you need to realise that whenever any trophy is won in controversial circumstances it is going to be brought up every so often.
if westport retain the cup this year then i'll have to applaud them but i am certain they won't !

I have realized that fact, what's controversial about playing by the rules? What would you have done? Are you some omnipotent honest John making good the mistakes of the past? The FAI made the mistake of not changing their rules in time, get on to Merrion Square with your gripe.
If you were not prepared to review the posts then you are making assumptions about it, which is not very clever.
You are entitled to your opinion about this year, but you can't take away the fact that we hold the trophy.

I think, over a ten year period from 95 to this year, the dream team selection was spot on. More than half the westport squad were playing under 12 football in 95 so he's spot on in my book.

headerball
02/12/2005, 12:09 PM
!

I have realized that fact, what's controversial about playing by the rules? What would you have done? Are you some omnipotent honest John making good the mistakes of the past? The FAI made the mistake of not changing their rules in time, get on to Merrion Square with your gripe.
If you were not prepared to review the posts then you are making assumptions about it, which is not very clever.
You are entitled to your opinion about this year, but you can't take away the fact that we hold the trophy.

I think, over a ten year period from 95 to this year, the dream team selection was spot on. More than half the westport squad were playing under 12 football in 95 so he's spot on in my book.

You should read my post a bit more careful, the only word i have used to describe their win is controversial which is by no means being presumptious !
im sure every last person connected with junior soccer will tell you that it was the most controversial fai win in history, please note i am again only using the word contoversial which clearly indicates that i am not attributing blame to anyone.
i think my friend you are the one with the hang up about it which clearly indicates that it does not sit well with you !

Thunderblaster
05/12/2005, 2:14 PM

I don't think that U.12 football in 1995 has any relevance to the post. It is aimed at junior footballers from 1995 to present.

Mpndo
06/12/2005, 8:10 AM
If people are going to base it over a ten year period, then it is reasonable that Westport don't have as many as they would if you picked the best eleven currently playing. They are a young team and it is only in the last couple of years, they have started to show there quality AT JUNIOR LEVEL.

As peoples opinions are always going to be different, on such a topic, I think people should post there own selection, and reasons why.

Not why someone shouldn't be on someone elses selection.

I don't see enough of ML football to pick a team.

biffo
06/12/2005, 3:06 PM
My Dream Team would be:

1. K. Connolly
2. Liam Jennings
3. Maurice Walsh
4. Sean Keane
5. James O Malley
6. Kieran Forde
7. Joey Maloney
8. Damien Walsh
9. Conor Maloney
10. Gerry Burke
11. Enda Reilly

Subs: Bart Grimes, J.P. O Gorman, David Walsh, Fitzpatrick, G. Connolly, K. Connolly, C. Kelly, J. Mctigue etc...

juan pablo
08/12/2005, 2:41 PM
load of ******!!!

the 12 th man
08/12/2005, 2:47 PM
load of ******!!!

Offer an alternate...................

Ron Bergundy
08/12/2005, 2:52 PM
load of ******!!!
due to the fact ya didn't make it ya reject!!!!!!!!!!!!!biffo you from the ballinrobe area???

juan pablo
08/12/2005, 2:55 PM
thats not true ron,think its funny how some players left ballinrobe for another team,which must say something about the club.thats a fairly strong dream team all the same though.

Ron Bergundy
08/12/2005, 3:02 PM
ya your right juan pablo strong team alright!that team definately bring ballinrobe to the super league,pity so many of them finished up,ballinrobe soccer in rel turmoil now!!!wat ya think???

biffo
08/12/2005, 3:09 PM
o gorman deserves to start, best striker in premier at the moment!

Ron Bergundy
08/12/2005, 3:11 PM
wudn't be due to the fact o gorman is biffo???????

Ron Bergundy
08/12/2005, 3:12 PM
seriously tho what should ballinrobe do next year???

biffo
08/12/2005, 3:13 PM
1. K. Connolly
2. Liam Jennings
3. Maurice Walsh
4. Sean Keane
5. James O Malley
6. Kieran Forde/Fitzpatrick
7. Joey Maloney
8. Damien Walsh
9. Conor Maloney
10. Gerry Burke/J.P. O Gorman
11. Enda Reilly

These were the tough calls, upon reflection and a bit of abuse Burke has been dropped!

juan pablo
08/12/2005, 3:18 PM
1. K. Connolly
2. Liam Jennings
3. Maurice Walsh
4. Sean Keane
5. James O'Malley
6. Gary Fitzpatrick
7. Joey Maloney
8. Damien Walsh
9. Conor Maloney
10. J.P. O Gorman
11.Enda Reilly

Ron Bergundy
08/12/2005, 3:19 PM
biffo you going playing soccer next year???

biffo
09/12/2005, 8:09 AM
That Looks Spot On

biffo
09/12/2005, 8:11 AM
the leghs arent up to it anymore Ron, juan pablo's team looks good

juan pablo
09/12/2005, 2:33 PM
i'd say that biffo, your hittin mid 30's now aren't ya, ah sure, tis never too late.

The Don
09/12/2005, 2:36 PM
Has the above banter anything to do with dream teams.

juan pablo
09/12/2005, 2:52 PM
dont be mad THE DON just cause your probably not in any of the dream teams,
Your comment is taken though!!

Richard Dunne
12/12/2005, 3:55 PM
1. K. Connolly
2. Liam Jennings
3. Maurice Walsh
4. Sean Keane
5. James O'Malley
6. Gary Fitzpatrick
7. Joey Maloney
8. Damien Walsh
9. Conor Maloney
10. J.P. O Gorman
11.Enda Reilly

You have got to be pulling the ****. That team is made up of all Ballinrobe players, which i may point out have only ever been in the super league once and when they were the got ****ing hammered. Also, Riellys a lush, Keane must be 50 and O Gorman wouldnt score in a Brothel. Yet this is a a team that cud have been superleague if they all played together - i dont think so.A good pub team though. Also is it true that Iarla Rielly will be playin for Fc Sydney in the World Club Championships?

Ron Bergundy
12/12/2005, 7:40 PM
You have got to be pulling the ****. That team is made up of all Ballinrobe players, which i may point out have only ever been in the super league once and when they were the got ****ing hammered. Also, Riellys a lush, Keane must be 50 and O Gorman wouldnt score in a Brothel. Yet this is a a team that cud have been superleague if they all played together - i dont think so.A good pub team though. Also is it true that Iarla Rielly will be playin for Fc Sydney in the World Club Championships?
nice one dunne!however i still say that Ballinrobe have had and currently do have unbelievable talent at their disposal at the club but have always fallen short due to lack of commitment from players due to lack of management!!!A new no nonsense,straight talking management team can easily bring Ballinrobe back to the superleague and they'll hold their own!

gotribe
12/12/2005, 7:45 PM
i cannot believe that dream team, personally apart from gerry burke,he plays or has played for mayo senior team?? i have never heard of any of those players??
from what i read, ballinrobe are not as good as some of you say,
i dont know too much about ballinrobe town,but i know thay finished mid table in the premier division this season, is gerry burke still with ballinrobe town??
a town the size of ballinrobe, i would expect that their team would be more stronger than to finish mid table??

biffo
13/12/2005, 8:13 AM
i cannot believe that dream team, personally apart from gerry burke,he plays or has played for mayo senior team?? i have never heard of any of those players??
from what i read, ballinrobe are not as good as some of you say,
i dont know too much about ballinrobe town,but i know thay finished mid table in the premier division this season, is gerry burke still with ballinrobe town??
a town the size of ballinrobe, i would expect that their team would be more stronger than to finish mid table??

G.Fitzpatrick, M.Walsh,Joe Maloney, Conor Maloney, Enda Reilly, K.Connolly, J. O Malley have all played for mayo, be it at u21 or Oscar Traynor level. Ballinrobe should be a better team but have difficulty in holding onto players who are approached by the 'big clubs'.