PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Irish

Irish_Praha
29/11/2005, 8:57 PM
Heffernan is back on song that's 3 goals in his last 3 games tonight's goal was supposed to be pretty tasty even if the Villa defense were napping. Waster Thornton got a class goal too. Hopefull this is the start of his turnaround, well it has to be his last chance anyway.
Is Mulligan Irish too?

co. down green
29/11/2005, 10:04 PM
Mulligan plays for New Zealand

Mayo Red
29/11/2005, 10:04 PM
Is Mulligan Irish too?

According to the Sky commentary he is a New Zealand international.

Mayo Red
29/11/2005, 10:06 PM
Mulligan plays for New Zealand

Damn, bet me to it!:)

Hither green
29/11/2005, 10:22 PM
Yes 3 in 3 for Heffernan and in fact something like 9 goals in the last 20 games. Great record and he's only 24. Not someone who gets too many mentions.

dr_peepee
30/11/2005, 6:05 AM
Heffernan broke the 20 goal mark two seasons ago in a year when notts county were relegated from league 1. He made a move to Bristol City that didn't work out. I thinnk he's only on loan at Doncaster.

finlma
30/11/2005, 7:34 AM
Must be something of a record, a village that size producing two footballers?

Hardly - its not like they're world class footballers. I'm sure there is some village that has produced 2 EL footballers which is about the same level as English 3rd/4th.

drummerboy
30/11/2005, 8:45 AM
After watching Sean Thornton last night, I think we may have written him off too soon. If he keeps playing with the enthusiasm he displayed last night, I can see bigger clubs taking a chance on him. Think its his off the field antics which soured things at Sunderland.

dr_peepee
30/11/2005, 8:45 AM
Probably James O'Connors jersey from when he was at Stoke. I think he's from that neck of the woods.

Donal81
30/11/2005, 8:47 AM
Heffernan is from Newtownmountkennedy in County Wicklow. One of the pubs there has his old Notts County jersey on the wall. There's also a Stoke City shirt belonging to another lad from Newtown who plays for them. Must be something of a record, a village that size producing two footballers?

Newtownmountkennedy - now that's a desperate place. Is Clive Clarke from there as well? That's the other footballer you mentioned?

Who is this Heffernan chap? What's his first name?

Anyone know anything about Stephen McPhail and how he's getting on at Barnsley?

Stuttgart88
30/11/2005, 8:50 AM
Paul Heffernan. The rest is pretty much as Dr. Peepee has said. There was even a whole thread on him here over a year ago I think. Somebody put forward the idea that Heffernan might be the coming season's positive surprise from an Irish perspective.

dr_peepee
30/11/2005, 9:27 AM
Just looking at the table there. They're 3 points off a playoff place at the minute. Would be nice if they got promoted..

gspain
30/11/2005, 9:53 AM
Sean Thornton has more talent than that whole Villa team put together. His problems have been off the field. He was brilliant last night. My MoM. I see he dedicated his goal to his son as well. Maybe he has got his life in order. If so he could well be back playing at a higher level. Heffernan has been scoring freely but needs again to move to a higher level to be considered for us.

I still checkle at Howard Wilkinson's first comment to Thornton - he spotted him with the white boots and bleached hair - "Son, you'd better be some F&*king player".

Stuttgart88
30/11/2005, 11:07 AM
He was Alan Greene's MOM too.

gustavo
30/11/2005, 11:12 AM
Hardly - its not like they're world class footballers. I'm sure there is some village that has produced 2 EL footballers which is about the same level as English 3rd/4th.
Tubbercurry has produced Gary Curran and Rafael Cretaro :)

Hulsey
30/11/2005, 11:26 AM
Heffernan is from Newtownmountkennedy in County Wicklow. One of the pubs there has his old Notts County jersey on the wall. There's also a Stoke City shirt belonging to another lad from Newtown who plays for them. Must be something of a record, a village that size producing two footballers?
Paul Mc Shane is from that neck of the sheep, sorry woods;) . Ever tried to get a bus out of that place. Fruckin' hell:eek: