PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kerley becomes Waterford manager

HuRya
29/11/2005, 4:01 PM
he was apointed today, taking Trevor Lovell with him.
the best of luck to the both of them.

sadloserkid
29/11/2005, 6:05 PM
Absolutely. Best of luck to him. Waterford decided against pursuing Pat Dolan's 'Special One' then... wonder what that was about? :cool:

Fermoy Blue
29/11/2005, 8:10 PM
Any chance of bringing a bringing a player or 2 with him?We always appreciated our Finucanes in Waterford fr'instance!

4tothefloor
29/11/2005, 8:21 PM
Any chance of bringing a bringing a player or 2 with him?We always appreciated our Finucanes in Waterford fr'instance!
That's the worry down here now.....

lim abroad
30/11/2005, 3:41 AM
lovelle's a good coach too,i'd personally like to see them do well there

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 7:55 AM

Leave us Alone :eek: :eek: :o

see's it
30/11/2005, 9:24 AM
lovelle's a good coach too,i'd personally like to see them do well there

Lovelle hasnt a clue,he got the sack from coaching in schools.his only other coaching has being UL girls.he has defo landed on his feet with that job......

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 9:37 AM
Lovelle hasnt a clue,he got the sack from coaching in schools.his only other coaching has being UL girls.he has defo landed on his feet with that job......

Haven't any experience of the guy personally but all I've heard from people who played under him has been bad.

Besides if he was such a great coach NOC would have snapped him up months ago :D

Mental Man
30/11/2005, 12:48 PM
Jaysus, and i thought that begrudgery only existed down here in waterford, guess i was wrong :rolleyes: .
Guess the highlight of yer year will be the visit of Scumrock rovers to ye now, enjoy lads.:D

LFC in Exile
30/11/2005, 2:05 PM
Reckon its bye bye Finny now. And Conor Molan too? Will Jimmy Fyffe be on his list too? :ball:

deise deserter
30/11/2005, 4:31 PM
We've all wanted to see the Paddy/Finny partnership renewed in Limerick. I think that we could be saying goodbye to him...

4tothefloor
30/11/2005, 11:26 PM
Reckon its bye bye Finny now. And Conor Molan too? Will Jimmy Fyffe be on his list too? :ball:
He can have Conor Molan, Fyffe is already at Waterford. He'll definately go after Finny, it's down to whether Paul has the ambition to go or if he's happy with his lot and staying local with Limerick. Personally I don't think we're going anywhere under O'Connor, so any of our players would be foolish to turn down a Premier club.

Lim till i die
01/12/2005, 9:13 AM
Jaysus, and i thought that begrudgery only existed down here in waterford, guess i was wrong
Guess the highlight of yer year will be the visit of Scumrock rovers to ye now, enjoy lads.

Wow you haven't travelled around Ireland much have you :)

Ya their visit, either that or we can hope to draw a huge club like Waterford in the cup ;)

Hope to god Finny doesn't leave but I'm almost certain he will. Seriously though, Conor Molan, not a bad player but who cares :eek:

Mental Man
01/12/2005, 12:51 PM
Kerley has already done interviews for the local radio station lads and its looking like now that another Finnucane will grace the blues once again, happy days:D .
Also now it looks as well that Purcell and heffernan are staying when they found out that kerley had taken over and most of this years team will do so as well , just Lestor and rodney jack is gone.

jebus
01/12/2005, 3:18 PM
Would love to see Kerley do well at Waterford this year, if for nothing else but to prove the Limerick posters who openly criticised the man, thats you In Exile, despite his tremendous first season with us, and the average second season, seriously not even Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson teaming up could have kept Limerick off the bottom that year. Good luck to him is all I can say, well that and Drew is a muppet for firing him in the first place!

LFC in Exile
01/12/2005, 3:32 PM
Would love to see Kerley do well at Waterford this year, if for nothing else but to prove the Limerick posters who openly criticised the man, thats you In Exile, despite his tremendous first season with us, and the average second season.

Huh? What are you talking about man. I don't mind you not knowing what your talking about (opinions are like a$$holes and all that) but its a bit much to start making stuff up. I spent last season defending the guy (but then you weren't on the forum last season). What a wonderful simplistic parallel world you live in. :rolleyes:

4tothefloor
01/12/2005, 6:51 PM
I love the way we always shoot ourselves in the foot in Limerick (no guns jokes please), we always seem to do our best to ruin our own chances. In all sports. This is a great example. There's Kerley and players Fyffe, McCarthy, Purcell and Heffernen down at Waterford now, when they should be at Limerick and playing Premier football with Limerick under Kerley. It'll always be the same cos as far as I can see the new regime are even better than the old ones at self destruction.

declan hide
02/12/2005, 7:37 AM
hey Mike, dont forget Stephen O'Mahoney.

LFC in Exile
02/12/2005, 8:26 AM
hey Mike, dont forget Stephen O'Mahoney.

Sh1t yeah. Forgot that. And there are a few more Kerry lads who could be in the shake up too. Wonder would he still have Jal Kulsten's number?

Lim till i die
02/12/2005, 9:02 AM
Sh1t yeah. Forgot that. And there are a few more Kerry lads who could be in the shake up too. Wonder would he still have Jal Kulsten's number?

Not sure about the Kerry lads, in fairness its a Premier team hes in charge of now. Couldn't see Jimmy Fyffe dislodging that Pakie Holden chap either. Having said that Finny and Paddy Purcell would be one of the best partnerships in the league :(

LFC in Exile
02/12/2005, 10:52 AM
Not sure about the Kerry lads, in fairness its a Premier team hes in charge of now. Couldn't see Jimmy Fyffe dislodging that Pakie Holden chap either. Having said that Finny and Paddy Purcell would be one of the best partnerships in the league :(

My Waterford United buddy tells me that Holden is not highly regarded by Blaa fans.

Dick Long
02/12/2005, 11:38 AM
Jimmy Fyffe and Waterford parted company with a good two months of the season remaining. A shame really as we never got to see his worth between the sticks at all.

sadloserkid
02/12/2005, 12:05 PM
Jimmy Fyffe and Waterford parted company with a good two months of the season remaining. A shame really as we never got to see his worth between the sticks at all.

Apparently he was still officially on your books until the seasons end. And given that Kerley made him Limerick captain there's every chance to imagine that he might give it a proper go next season.

Mental Man
02/12/2005, 5:41 PM
In all fairness to jimmy and hes a sound guy, Packie holden is held in very high regard down here for his exploits this season and unless packie gets injured Jimmy will have a tough time trying to break into the team.

Kerry Blue
02/12/2005, 6:59 PM
Whatever about Stephen O'Mahony being good enough for the Premier, I reckon that James Sugrue would give it a fair go. Isn't it a shame (you can insert a stronger word here if you like ;) ) that we're talking about building a team for Waaaterford for next season when these players we're mentioning should be with the other Blues of Munster!:rolleyes:

sadloserkid
02/12/2005, 7:01 PM
In all fairness to jimmy and hes a sound guy, Packie holden is held in very high regard down here for his exploits this season and unless packie gets injured Jimmy will have a tough time trying to break into the team.

You see LFCIE, your friend is a dirty. low-down liar! :)

jebus
04/12/2005, 9:22 PM
Huh? What are you talking about man. I don't mind you not knowing what your talking about (opinions are like a$$holes and all that) but its a bit much to start making stuff up. I spent last season defending the guy (but then you weren't on the forum last season). What a wonderful simplistic parallel world you live in. :rolleyes:

Apologies if I mistook you for another poster I always seem to be at odds with, theres so many at this stage I find it hard to keep track and in general you tend to have a rubbish opinion so I just took your name out of the hat.....;)

Shame you resorted to the 'I've been here longer' argument tho, I'd have thought you'd have better things to do in that wonderfully complicated world of yours

noby
05/12/2005, 7:37 AM
My Waterford United buddy tells me that Holden is not highly regarded by Blaa fans.
At the start of the season he had his doubters, but he proved a lot of people wrong.

LFC in Exile
05/12/2005, 7:42 AM
You see LFCIE, your friend is a dirty. low-down liar! :)

Not all - sure your man above is mental - by his own admission. :)

LFC in Exile
05/12/2005, 7:50 AM
Apologies if I mistook you for another poster I always seem to be at odds with, theres so many at this stage I find it hard to keep track and in general you tend to have a rubbish opinion so I just took your name out of the hat.....;)

Ah yeah, never let the facts get in the way. It helps keep one view in place - irrespective of what happens in the real world.

Shame you resorted to the 'I've been here longer' argument tho, I'd have thought you'd have better things to do in that wonderfully complicated world of yours

You picked it up wrong. I said that you weren't on this forum - not that you weren't a supporter. In previous posts you harked back to the glorious Pike days. I suggested it as a possible explanation for getting something wrong. You weren't on the forum last season - so how would you know my opinion on Kerley.

joeSoap
05/12/2005, 8:20 AM
You weren't on the forum last season - so how would you know my opinion on Kerley.He could do a back search on all posts for the last 12 months....;) :)

LFC in Exile
05/12/2005, 11:52 AM
He could do a back search on all posts for the last 12 months....;) :)

Kerley was dumped more than 12 months ago. you know that Joe. ;)

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:06 PM
Kerley was dumped more than 12 months ago. you know that Joe. ;)

POTM Someone get this man an award :eek: :D

jebus
05/12/2005, 12:35 PM
Ah yeah, never let the facts get in the way. It helps keep one view in place - irrespective of what happens in the real world.

You picked it up wrong. I said that you weren't on this forum - not that you weren't a supporter. In previous posts you harked back to the glorious Pike days. I suggested it as a possible explanation for getting something wrong. You weren't on the forum last season - so how would you know my opinion on Kerley.

Actually I visited this forum a lot last season, can't remember whether or not I posted, think I did but I certainly looked, and anyway there was enough talk about Kerley from around February - March time to know peoples opinions on Kerley. And this from you who lives in the 'real' world where you take all things into consideration before posting, you let your side down badly this time In Exile, for shame :D

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 12:44 PM
Jebus, LFCIE for the love of God can't we all jut get along :confused: :D

jebus
05/12/2005, 1:00 PM
Lol, when have any of us ever just gotten along? :p

Lim till i die
05/12/2005, 1:08 PM
Lol, when have any of us ever just gotten along? :p

:p

I'm tellin ye, its Cork, like something out of a bad fantasy novel its corrupted both of your very souls :D

LFC in Exile
05/12/2005, 4:14 PM
Actually I visited this forum a lot last season, can't remember whether or not I posted, think I did but I certainly looked, and anyway there was enough talk about Kerley from around February - March time to know peoples opinions on Kerley. And this from you who lives in the 'real' world where you take all things into consideration before posting, you let your side down badly this time In Exile, for shame :D

Sorry about that boy. Should have used my special powers to track people who looked at the forum without signing on. :rolleyes:

jebus
07/12/2005, 3:00 PM
Sorry about that boy. Should have used my special powers to track people who looked at the forum without signing on. :rolleyes:

Never knew common sense (people look at internet forums without registering) or a memory (the february-march debates on Kerley which I was a part of) were considered special powers these days :rolleyes:

LFC in Exile
07/12/2005, 4:33 PM
Never knew common sense ...considered special powers these days :rolleyes:

With this club having common sense qualifies one as a genius. :ball:

As for memory - you are obviously like the fella Christy Moore sang about who had a memory like a supergrass, he could remember things that never happened at all.