PDA

View Full Version : keane odds slashed by bookies

anto1208
29/11/2005, 1:53 PM
Rumours were rife last night that Roy was on his way to Goodison. Mesage Boards, text's, phone calls, and even reports on Sky News were claiming Roy will be at Goodison in a player Coach Role. Roy has apparently met up with Moyesy to discuss terms.

Bookies across the nation have slashed their odds on the genteel Irish lad pulling on the Royal Blue. A hint of caution though, bookies slash their odds for two reasons. Firstly if they have inside info that something is about to happen, or secondly the Pied Piper effect. Everyone nails their cash on him, so everyone else follows suit. Bookies drop their price accordingly to protect their interests, and still clean up, after nothing happens. Watch this space as they say. (29/11/05)

drinkfeckarse
29/11/2005, 3:29 PM
I'd be shocked if he ended up at Everton, no offence but there are better clubs than that looking for him and he has said that he couldn't see himself playing for any other Premiership club.

sligoman
29/11/2005, 3:48 PM
Definitely plenty of better clubs looking for him. Going to Everton would just be a waste of good talent.

monutdfc
29/11/2005, 3:52 PM
maybe it's the attraction of working with Phil Neville again :)

anto1208
29/11/2005, 4:07 PM
it is thought he wants a short term contract to tied him over untill he decides what to do joining everton would mean he would nt have to move house or move his kids school etc plus would nt have to play against utd as everton will have played them twice allready before xmas .

by the way none of the first post is my opinion that is a cut and paste from a site normally on the ball , they knew about the neville deal before anyone else . but as it says it could also by a bookies scam .

the only clubs to have made an offer are celtic ( bigger waste of time going to scotland ) and west ham !!

drinkfeckarse
30/11/2005, 8:29 AM
( bigger waste of time going to scotland )

The Scottish league is actually more exciting this year with Hearts and Hibs offering up a challenge, it's a nice change. Old Firm games, European football or Everton....tough choice.:D

He's been playing in England for 15 years now so I think it'll be a waste if he stays there. I don't think he should go to Spain though, the game is too quick there for him now, Italy would be a great move I think.

anto1208
30/11/2005, 8:42 AM
The Scottish league is actually more exciting this year with Hearts and Hibs offering up a challenge, it's a nice change. Old Firm games, European football or Everton....tough choice.:D

He's been playing in England for 15 years now so I think it'll be a waste if he stays there. I don't think he should go to Spain though, the game is too quick there for him now, Italy would be a great move I think.

italy would be a good move but i see no reason why he needs to leave the prem he still has a year and a half of top flight football no need to take a step down to the scot prem league

drinkfeckarse
30/11/2005, 10:04 AM
Ah sure a change is as good as a rest as they say....

anto1208
01/12/2005, 4:27 PM
these are the latest odds from ladbrokes i cant get any from paddy power anymore .eveton have gone from 10/1 to 1/2 and celtic has droppes from 1/3 to 5/2 .

Everton 1/2
Celtic 5/2
West Ham 12
Aston Villa 12
Real Madrid 16
West Brom 20
Middlesbrough 20
Bolton 20
Portsmouth 25
Man City 25
Blackburn 25
Newcastle 33
Wigan 33
AC Milan 33
Juventus 33
Chelsea 66
Birmingham 66

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:33 PM
forget everton.

Real madrid holds keane talks

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=330636&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Real+hold+Keane+talks