PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kerley appointed new Waterford boss.

Partizan
29/11/2005, 12:52 PM
www.waterford-united.ie

garykelly
29/11/2005, 1:01 PM
www.waterford-united.ie

well done to mick kerley . and also well done waterford for spotting his undoubted potential. performed a miracle with limerick when he got them to the play-offs. should have been kept on instead of NoC getting the job. limericks loss will no doubt prove to be waterfords gain.

Excellent young manager. a good appointment

Raheny Red
29/11/2005, 1:30 PM
Great appointment made by the waterford board!!

gael353
29/11/2005, 1:45 PM
well done to mick kerley . and also well done waterford for spotting his undoubted potential. performed a miracle with limerick when he got them to the play-offs. should have been kept on instead of NoC getting the job. limericks loss will no doubt prove to be waterfords gain.

Excellent young manager. a good appointment

please stop saying it every limerick fan knows and yes he will be a great success.

Block G Raptor
29/11/2005, 1:45 PM
Good luck to him
all the best

Roverstillidie
29/11/2005, 3:06 PM
can any waterford fans confirm scully declined the job?

if so, i wonder what recently available job he might be in line for?

Poor Student
29/11/2005, 3:26 PM
Interesting appointment. There's no man in the Eircom League with more experience in working with absolutely no resources. He showed potential 3 seasons ago with Limerick, obviously hard to judge him on his last season. What's the story with the financial situation at Waterford? Will you budget for the worst next season? How is the debt level now?

bluemovie
29/11/2005, 4:34 PM
Have to say I'm pleased with the appointment. It seems to be the sensible one. It would have been a pipe dream to have Dolan involved. The money just isn't there unfortunately. As Poor Student says, he's proven his ability to work with limited resources. From what I've heard, Limerick played nice passing football with him too.

As for Scully, Waterford United denied that they spoke to him. I always thought that he'd go to Rovers, but now that they're not in the Premier, maybe not.

monkey magic
29/11/2005, 4:42 PM
good appointment, love the way the announcement is made in the same article as last weeks winning lotto numbers:D :D

EDIT: oops, just scrolled down a bit further:o

Mental Man
29/11/2005, 9:14 PM
The debt level is under control now thank christ, in the last few weeks the board has risen now to 12 members and some of these are members of the business community.
We always had low to very low debts, the only thing that was driving us crazy was the trouble evey week in getting wages, the lotto is working away nicely and the board are confident of finding a new sponsor for the coming year.
As regards the appointment of mike kerley, well to me i think its a good 1, hes a guy that is used to working on tight budgets and is able to get players playing good football, Its a hell of a test for him in the premiere league but i think he will adapt to it very well indeed, also he wont be too restricted as was the case at limerick.
Hes a young energetic guy that has played and has set high standards for himself, he is a future manager to watch out for i think not only here but elsewhere in his career.

Lim till i die
30/11/2005, 8:00 AM
Get ready for a feast of entertaining football in Waterford :ball:

Lucky Fcukers :(