PDA

View Full Version : TV3s Sports Tonight - Rovers

A face
28/11/2005, 11:12 PM
Did anyone see the piece on Rovers tonight ... the lad from the 400 club spoke very well, good stuff ..... good to see Molloy is staying ... he'll have a great year in the first.

dcfcsteve
28/11/2005, 11:42 PM
Caught the end of it - what is it with TV3 constantly starting their evening programmes following the news about 5mins earlier than advertised ?? Just changed the advertised times, ffs !

Seemed to be a good piece alright, and great that it was top of the bill.

A face
28/11/2005, 11:54 PM
great that it was top of the bill.

I think that is brilliant, poll position is definitely a vote of confidence alright, fair play !!

Block G Raptor
29/11/2005, 1:21 PM
I think that is brilliant, poll position is definitely a vote of confidence alright, fair play !!

Maybee TV3 might sponsor the league after eircom
heres hoping
when does eircom's sponsorship come up for renewal

A face
29/11/2005, 3:44 PM
Maybee TV3 might sponsor the league after eircom
heres hoping
when does eircom's sponsorship come up for renewal

Jebus, i dunno .... if eircom go then i'd hope someone bigger than them will step in.

Block G Raptor
29/11/2005, 4:26 PM
Jebus, i dunno .... if eircom go then i'd hope someone bigger than them will step in.

At least TV3 can be guaranteed to promote the league and what better media than television to carry out this promotion plus we'd see plenty of live games then but probably at a reduced tv revenue rate

Doesn't matter how big the company is if they are not bothered to promote the league what have eircom ever done for the league other than christen the damn thing

monkey magic
29/11/2005, 4:35 PM
how about setanta sponsoring the league...
i really think they could be to irish football what sky was to the premiership...

what we need is a media organisation that will champion irish football, and with a pay per view station they are looking for subscriptions to their service- thus they spend a lot on promoting their programming..

not meaning to bring this thread off topic, but looking at setanta, and their involvement in irish football to date, they seem to be trying to foreward the idea of an all ireland premier league, which they, of course would have exclusive access to. that could be the kick start this league needs..

all of this is of course purely theoretical (and probably only in my head) but anyways i still feel that setanta and irish soccer can be potentially hugely beneficial to each other...

monkey magic
29/11/2005, 4:38 PM
on a side note, i think eircoms influence on the LOI has been more negative than positive. the overall bad feeling there is towards eircom has to be rubbing off on the league.. it cant be good for the league to be associated with them money grabbing rip off merchants

bigmac
29/11/2005, 4:59 PM
Eircom don't even have a link to any league websites on their homepage ffs. Ideally, I'd be hoping that a major company would see an opportunity along the lines of Bank of Ireland Gaelic, AIB rugby or Guinness hurling. Certainly the rewards that could be reaped on both sides would be worth it. It'd be great if someone like Vodafone took it on!

A face
29/11/2005, 5:27 PM
Doesn't matter how big the company is if they are not bothered to promote the league what have eircom ever done for the league other than christen the damn thing

It matters how much they will pay .... thats what sponsorship is about. The league can also setup a deal with media groups aswell .... there is nothing to stop that happening .... but as the main anchor sponsor, you ideally want a company that will give loads of cash.

eircom could be doing alot more alright .... but (i'd imagine so anyway) are fulfilling their side of the bargain by giving the sponsorship to the league. It would obviously be in the leagues interest if the plastered it all over everything they do but that is not what they signed up for i'd imagine, they signed up to be plastered over everything that the league does. It is them that should be asking if there is enough plastering or not !!

Roverstillidie
29/11/2005, 5:31 PM
what exactly are eircom obliged to do that they arent?
the cover of every phone book was good exposure.
it is the job of the FAI/EL to promote the league, not the job of the sponsor, who are there to, well, sponsor.
people need to stop whining about every single little thing.

Speranza
29/11/2005, 6:27 PM
Promotion of the league should be a joint ventrue with the sponsor and the governing body putting some effort in. Gaelic football for example - guinness publicise the sport through their ads and the G.A.A do their own promotion.

Just because you know the First division will get no publicity doesn't mean us premier fans can't search for more ;)

DvB
30/11/2005, 7:10 AM
Just because you know the First division will get no publicity doesn't mean us premier fans can't search for more ;)

Something tells me the first division will get alot more media attention next season!;)

Koh

pete
30/11/2005, 9:59 AM
Something tells me the first division will get alot more media attention next season!;)

Maybe...but have you noticed Rovers only get media attention when they in trouble? The Indo gives feck all eL coverage but its been swamped with Rovers coverage all this week because of the relegation...

NY Hoop
30/11/2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe...but have you noticed Rovers only get media attention when they in trouble? The Indo gives feck all eL coverage but its been swamped with Rovers coverage all this week because of the relegation...

Ah but pete the indo group hates Rovers so they only print stuff when its negative. There was a herald photographer outside Quinns friday ffs:rolleyes:

KOH