PDA

View Full Version : Teams of the season

Pages : [1] 2

geg124
28/11/2005, 7:45 PM
Premier Team of the Season:
Michael Devine (Cork City), Owen Heary (Shelbourne), Peter Hutton (Derry City), Dan Murray (Cork City), Danny Murphy (Cork City), Joe Gamble (Cork City), George O'Callaghan (Cork City), Pat McCourt (Derry City), Liam Kearney (Cork City), Jason Byrne (Shelbourne), Mark Farren (Derry City).

First Division Team of the Season:
John O'Hara (Sligo Rovers), Ger O'Brien (Kildare County), Michael McNamara (Sligo Rovers), Aidan Price (Kilkenny), Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers), Robbie Collins (Dublin City), Tommy Barrett (Limerick FC), Fahrudin Kuduzovic (Sligo Rovers), Conor O'Grady (Sligo Rovers), Kieran O'Reilly (Cobh Ramblers), Ger McCarthy (Dundalk).

The above is taken from RTE.ie

Speranza
28/11/2005, 8:56 PM
PFAI player of the year: Mark Farren

PFAI young player of the year: Pat McCourt

Block G Raptor
30/11/2005, 12:22 PM
Premier Team of the Season:
Michael Devine (Cork City), Owen Heary (Shelbourne), Peter Hutton (Derry City), Dan Murray (Cork City), Danny Murphy (Cork City), Joe Gamble (Cork City), George O'Callaghan (Cork City), Pat McCourt (Derry City), Liam Kearney (Cork City), Jason Byrne (Shelbourne), Mark Farren (Derry City).

First Division Team of the Season:
John O'Hara (Sligo Rovers), Ger O'Brien (Kildare County), Michael McNamara (Sligo Rovers), Aidan Price (Kilkenny), Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers), Robbie Collins (Dublin City), Tommy Barrett (Limerick FC), Fahrudin Kuduzovic (Sligo Rovers), Conor O'Grady (Sligo Rovers), Kieran O'Reilly (Cobh Ramblers), Ger McCarthy (Dundalk).

The above is taken from RTE.ie

And not A Bohs man in sight surprise surprise

Strabane_Harp
30/11/2005, 12:37 PM
who would you have put in then?

Peadar
30/11/2005, 1:10 PM
PFAI young player of the year: Pat McCourt

Just shows you how corrupt that decision was when his manager doesn't think he's good enough to start in important games.

McCourt is a one trick pony if ever I saw one!

Speranza
30/11/2005, 1:26 PM
Of course he is and Kearney is the new Ronaldinho. :rolleyes:

The arrogance of Corkies strikes again. Every single award should be given to Cork players next year just to spare the rest of us the pain of listening to your whining.

Dricky
30/11/2005, 1:40 PM

The arrogance of Corkies strikes again. Every single award should be given to Cork players next year just to spare the rest of us the pain of listening to your whining.

There you go you daft git. McCourt goes missing and can be very lazy, that isn't a Cork opinion, I think he got it because his lovely hair. Not the best in the league at least Farren had scored great goals and had bad injuries, McCourt though

WAKE UP

Peadar
30/11/2005, 2:41 PM

Now where did I say that Kearney should have won it!

While we're on the subject of Kearney though, he played in the Setanta Cup and UEFA Cup for Cork City FC this season.
He has a league winners medal and will have a Cup winners medal on Sunday.

Lets see how mullet man gets on next season when he has to compete on a different level.

By the way, Joe Gamble is the best player in the eircom League by a mile. He's the Paul Osam/Kevin Hunt that Cork City FC needed so badly.

headtheball
30/11/2005, 2:50 PM
Just shows you how corrupt that decision was when his manager doesn't think he's good enough to start in important games.

The award was selected by players,so their opinion should be respected(so how is it corrupt?)

So dry your eyes for your Cork heroes.By the way your argument about being on the bench is laughable in important games.A certain George O'Callaghan was on the bench the niight we beat you's 3-1 at the Brandywell.Does Rico not think Georgie is good enough?

Peadar
30/11/2005, 2:58 PM
So dry your eyes for your Cork heroes.

I think if I asked my heroes if they'd swap their League Winners medal for some poxy "we think you're great" award, they laugh at me and call the men in white coats.

Enjoy your makey-uppy prizes. :rolleyes:

gael353
30/11/2005, 3:05 PM

This would be Georgies step over your talking about yea?

Hecko
30/11/2005, 3:21 PM
Relax Speranza and Head the Ball...

I don't think it's in any way an anti-Derry thing to point out that Kenny left McCourt on the bench for quite a lot of games this season - therefore him being in the team of the season at the expense of other players (including Derry players) is a bit odd. For example Brennan played more than twice as many premier games and scored 5 goals this season.

Is it a "usual Corkie" thing if I also point out that picking Dan Murray over Alan Bennett this season is similarly ridiculous?

Speranza
30/11/2005, 3:34 PM
Paeder, if this is as you put it a "poxy" award why are you and other Cork fans whining so much.

It would seem that an award is only important when the might of the galacticos of the peoples republic/real capital/best place ever get it.

Joe Gamble is good fair enough but just as good and exactly the same type of player that Barry Molloy is for us.

Peadar
30/11/2005, 3:41 PM
Joe Gamble is good fair enough but just as good and exactly the same type of player that Barry Molloy is for us.

Separnza, Molloy got sent off so many times, he thought the 90 minutes was if extra time was added.

Everyone already considers that you know nothing about football without bringing that average Joe into this conversation.

Dodge
30/11/2005, 3:48 PM
By the way, Joe Gamble is the best player in the eircom League by a mile. He's the Paul Osam/Kevin Hunt that Cork City FC needed so badly.
Not yet he's not! Agree with him being your best player though

Raheny Red
30/11/2005, 3:50 PM
Originally Posted by Peadar:

Never mind what he did just at Derry City. Look at what he was doing at Rovers before he left the sinking ship.

Remember his hat-trick agianst Bray in Dalyer during the first start of the season. That game sums him up really.

pete
30/11/2005, 4:07 PM

New maradona actually :D ;)

Speranza
30/11/2005, 4:12 PM
Everyone already considers that you know nothing about football

Really :confused: Who is everyone? If I fall foul of the opinions of someone from the bastion of wisdom that is Cork then I suppose you are right. Your arrogance is astounding.

Peadar
30/11/2005, 4:15 PM
Remember his hat-trick agianst Bray in Dalyer during the first start of the season.

Jason Byrne got a hattrick against Bray, so flipping what!
Bray are rubbish!
Who didn't put 3 past them this season?

It was easy for McCourt to stand out in a poor Rovers side.

Lets face it, we were the only decent opposition that McCourt played against this season and he was annonymous!

Speranza
30/11/2005, 4:23 PM
we were the only decent opposition that McCourt played against this season and he was annonymous

You had the cheek to say I know nothing about football? Were you at this match?

Mc Court was amazing, in fact he wasn't even playing in his usual fashion as he treked back to help out defensively when he wasn't taking the **** out of the Cork defence. Probably because the tv cameras were present but still a briallitn preformance. Could almost swear he got Man of the match.

headtheball
30/11/2005, 4:37 PM

Everyone already considers that you know nothing about football without bringing that average Joe into this conversation.

Peader you stated earlier you said Mccourts award was corrupt.Please explain as it was voted by players who actually play the game.How was it corrupt and do you think you have more football knowledge than the players who voted?

Peadar
30/11/2005, 4:46 PM
How was it corrupt and do you think you have more football knowledge than the players who voted?

Players don't vote with knowledge, they vote with the rest of the dressing room. Since Cork City FC were a rival to everyone again this season but Derry emerged only as a late rival to us, no other team really had any reason to be jealous of the Derry players.

McCourt wouldn't get into the Cork City team, that's because of how limited his game is. Give me Roy O'Donovan or Liam Kearney any day.

Speranza
30/11/2005, 4:46 PM
How dare you question Peader, back in your box ;)

EDIT: You keep out doing yourself on the arrogance front. I really really hope Drogheda now win on Sunday so a bit of realism can seep into Cork fans head and then maybe they will realise they are not Barcelona.

Peadar
30/11/2005, 4:49 PM
back in your box ;)

You were all put back in your box on the 18th of November.
Shame you couldn't stay there!

Speranza
30/11/2005, 4:53 PM
No we weren't Peader. I said from the outset that losing the league this year wouldn't disappoint me as it is a huge improvement on previous seasons. Cork have come from 3rd to 2nd to champions. I believe that next year when our very young and inexperianced squad has had a year of eL football over them they will be up there again.

See Kearney said "negotiations aren't going well". Poor deluded souls think most of that team have interest in anything bar money.

headtheball
30/11/2005, 5:04 PM
Players don't vote with knowledge, they vote with the rest of the dressing room. Since Cork City FC were a rival to everyone again this season but Derry emerged only as a late rival to us, no other team really had any reason to be jealous of the Derry players.

McCourt wouldn't get into the Cork City team, that's because of how limited his game is. Give me Roy O'Donovan or Liam Kearney any day.

A siege mentality.Don't make me laugh..

Why don't you apply for the Ireland job,seems FAI might have got their man.

dancinpants
30/11/2005, 5:06 PM
Speranza, don't you know that Cork are amazing? They won the league by 40 points FFS!!! :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
30/11/2005, 5:34 PM
Cork "everybody's out to get us, Irish by birth, Munster by the Grace of God, on the banks of my own lovely lee biy blah blah blah" whine - number 4,384

All the professional footballers in the country ganged up and voted for non-Cork City players in an exhibition of twisted anti-Cork bias....................

bluemovie
30/11/2005, 5:43 PM

Is that one trick beating a load of defenders and then scoring? That's a good trick and one he uses regularly. I wish we had more players who used that "one trick". I bet Cork do too. McCourt was the only individual that we changed our game plan to combat last year....Dalymount in May. He did enough in the first half of the season to warrant his place in the Team of the Year. How was it corrupt? Did they not count some players' votes? Did they poison Damian Richardson? The Cork hurling fans are at the same thing.....never happy.

pete
30/11/2005, 6:06 PM
Probably a bit of vote early vote often going on. Probably a few dead players voted too....

Can we have recount? :D

Peadar
30/11/2005, 6:45 PM
I believe that next year when our very young and inexperianced squad has had a year of eL football over them they will be up there again.

Lets see how your boys cope with the pressure of the Setanta Cup, UEFA Cup, FAI Cup, League Cup and eircom League, next season, when they're expected to produce the goods.

As for McCourt, scoring goals against Bray doesn't make him a good player.

Cosmo
30/11/2005, 7:00 PM
I really really hope Drogheda now win on Sunday

Cheers speranza, much appreciated :D

Strabane_Harp
30/11/2005, 7:05 PM
McCourt should never have got it, cork had 11 players ahead of him.....blah blah

McCourt is an exceptional player with skill that is a joy to watch

fair play to him

p.s can we have Farren back now

Peadar
30/11/2005, 7:10 PM
p.s can we have Farren back now

Not even Farren could improve your mob!
You will never be anything more than an average Division One club.

Have fun with Rovers next season.

Strabane_Harp
30/11/2005, 7:13 PM
we will be back soon peadar, stronger and more prepared

Peadar
30/11/2005, 7:21 PM
we will be back soon peadar, stronger and more prepared

Not a hope in hell!

You were so poor this season that you finished below Rovers, even though they had 8 points deducted.

With Sligo and Derry in the Premier Division, you'll struggle to get players.
McCourt will be found out soon enough though so you might get him on the cheap. He'll be rightly at home against First Division opposition.

Speranza
30/11/2005, 7:34 PM
Replying to you when you post things like the drivel above makes me a mug because you have got to be taking the **** but....

He'll be rightly at home against First Division opposition.

Are you for real?? Motherwell were looking for Mc Court, actually he rejected them twice in one week as were QPR. Are you really saying you know better than the footballers of this league and professional scouts?

patsh
30/11/2005, 7:39 PM
Looks like Derry fans are easier to wind up than Longford or $hels fans :D

Peadar
30/11/2005, 7:41 PM
Motherwell were looking for Mc Court

Sorry Sparenza mate, I don't know much about Scottish football. Are Motherwell any good? Would they be better than Harps?

Hulsey
01/12/2005, 1:10 PM
Team of the season should defo have included Colm Tresson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peadar
01/12/2005, 2:55 PM
Team of the season should defo have included Colm Tresson!

Playing for a team that finishes 7th and concedes 57 league goals (more than any other team) is unlikely to get you a place on the Team of the Year. :rolleyes:

Now run along and play on the DART line.

lofty9
01/12/2005, 2:56 PM
If it wasn't for McCourts brilliance we could have won the league!:mad: Remember home V Shamrock Rovers? The best performance I have seen by an opposing eircom league player at the Brandywell. On top form there isn't a team in the country that could cope with him. We should all be greatful that he'll be gracing this league for a few more years to come. I expect him to be even better next season with the aid of a rest and a good pre seasson behind him.

Dricky
01/12/2005, 3:40 PM
Paeder, if this is as you put it a "poxy" award why are you and other Cork fans whining so much.

It would seem that an award is only important when the might of the galacticos of the peoples republic/real capital/best place ever get it.

English is supposed to be your language in the UK how about learning to read.

Mcourt became buddies with two teams this year so had about 30 votes there...... thats the vote winner. Ask the players.

Roddy said Motherwell were sniffing, is that where you got your info. so goes to show doesn't it Honest Shoddy Roddy, a man of his word and his morals are so high, just ask bohs staff........

McCourt won because of his flowing locks, they all thought he was a burd because if Derry think he is brilliant it really shows very very little respect to the Derry players who bust their balls last year for you. McCourt didn't..... he wasn't even there at the begininning

Good god if McCourt is as good as it get for Derry even at u21 well the Trophy won't need a passport for years to come.

Dricky
01/12/2005, 3:44 PM
No we weren't Peader. .

Yes you were, you were hammered in every area in the park. You were taught a lesson, one which was made all the sweeter because you actually thought Derry had a chance.

HAMMERED

Dricky
01/12/2005, 3:47 PM

hear hear!!

Dricky
01/12/2005, 3:48 PM
Is that one trick beating a load of defenders and then scoring? That's a good trick and one he uses regularly. I wish we had more players who used that "one trick". I bet Cork do too. McCourt was the only individual that we changed our game plan to combat last year....Dalymount in May. He did enough in the first half of the season to warrant his place in the Team of the Year. How was it corrupt? Did they not count some players' votes? Did they poison Damian Richardson? The Cork hurling fans are at the same thing.....never happy.

We didn't change for anyone, thats why were the best (oh and the football, point I could go on)

headtheball
01/12/2005, 3:51 PM

Mcourt became buddies with two teams this year so had about 30 votes there...... thats the vote winner. Ask the players.

Roddy said Motherwell were sniffing, is that where you got your info. so goes to show doesn't it Honest Shoddy Roddy, a man of his word and his morals are so high, just ask bohs staff........

McCourt won because of his flowing locks, they all thought he was a burd because if Derry think he is brilliant it really shows very very little respect to the Derry players who bust their balls last year for you. McCourt didn't..... he wasn't even there at the begininning

Good god if McCourt is as good as it get for Derry even at u21 well the Trophy won't need a passport for years to come.

I now know what a "langer" is after reading that crap above.

You cannot vote for anyone in your own team for a start.And the usual old "UK" crap raises it's ugly head.FYI the Irish president is also from the "UK" too, or do you only recognise the border when Derry City are involved?

Dricky
01/12/2005, 3:59 PM
I now now what a "langer" is after reading that crap above.

You cannot vote for anyone in your own team for a start.And the usual old "UK" crap raises it's ugly head.FYI the Irish president is also from the "UK" too, or do you only recognise the border when Derry City are involved?

Oh get over the slagging you tool, muppet, LAnger. That banter has been going on for months. Get over it who the hell takes it seriously oh wait we've found some head the ball

pete
01/12/2005, 4:25 PM
I think McCourt stood out when he played for Rover as as given licence to pass the ball & run at the opposition. Under Kenny at the Brandywell he found it hard to fit into the team as wasn't hitting balls through to farren quickly enough & didn't fit into defensive wide midfielder tactics.

Speranza
01/12/2005, 4:55 PM

Yeah it is. A traitor from Cork landed us here. "Rebel Army" you're having a laugh

you were hammered in every area in the park

Just like you were in the Brandy :rolleyes:

the Trophy won't need a passport for years to come

Why would it need a passport. Dual citizenship but of course because you are an insensitive idiot you wouldn't know about things like that.