PDA

View Full Version : Local radio coverage of eircom League matches

Paraic
28/11/2005, 1:35 PM
Quick straw poll on the level of local radio coverage (not RTE) for league matches- would be interested in hearing what's going on around the country:

For Sligo Rovers the season just finished:

Home games: Full live match commentary
Away games: Updates every 20 minutes or so, some games were covered live in full towards the end of the season.

Thanks

Block G Raptor
28/11/2005, 1:42 PM
Quick straw poll on the level of local radio coverage (not RTE) for league matches- would be interested in hearing what's going on around the country:

For Sligo Rovers the season just finished:

Home games: Full live match commentary
Away games: Updates every 20 minutes or so, some games were covered live in full towards the end of the season.

Thanks

Nearest independant radio station to dalymount is phoenix they did FA

Raheny Red
28/11/2005, 3:42 PM
As far as I know NEAR FM did all the Shels home games and maybe the away games in the surrounding area.

Wiseguy
28/11/2005, 3:48 PM
Shannonside FM do all our games but the coverage could be a bit better.

Poor Student
28/11/2005, 3:51 PM
I asked this before but I don't think anyone answered. Why were Newstalk stopped from covering Dublin clubs if other regional radio stations like Ocean can do their local clubs? Why do RTÉ not mind that?:confused:

harpskid
28/11/2005, 6:28 PM
Ocean FM cover all Harps and Sligo home games, plus updates from the away ones. I've even been known to provide the reports from them on occasion. They always make the effort to get us covered though.

Highland Radio also do updates from all Harps and Derry City games.

noby
29/11/2005, 7:28 AM
WLR used to do every away game. They did most of them this year. I think they have a couple of updates, and a quick review of the home ones

Paraic
29/11/2005, 8:17 AM
Don't know about the dublin situation but because Rovers, with one or two exceptions, played at home on Saturday nights, there was never really any clash with RTE's Friday coverage.

I asked this before but I don't think anyone answered. Why were Newstalk stopped from covering Dublin clubs if other regional radio stations like Ocean can do their local clubs? Why do RTÉ not mind that?:confused:

Maz
29/11/2005, 11:24 AM
Shannonside FM do all our games but the coverage could be a bit better.
No pleasing some people :p

sligoman
29/11/2005, 4:10 PM
there was never really any clash with RTE's Friday coverage.Or lack of?

noby
30/11/2005, 7:28 AM
Or lack of?
Seriously? I thought RTE do a great friday night coverage.

REVIP
30/11/2005, 7:59 AM
According to Pineapple Stu's figures the overall average attendance at matches was 1,196 - which gives an average aggregate attendance for all matches over a weekend of 13,156.

I think RTE put a lot of resources into covering a fixture programme attended by something like one-third of one per cent of the population:)