PDA

View Full Version : Who's in, who's out?

jonboy
28/11/2005, 12:44 PM
anybody know who WON'T be back next year and who's comin in?? i think the size of the squad has to be reduced with a bit more quality comin in rather than signing any tom

Roo69
28/11/2005, 12:50 PM
Nothing has been announced as of yet, the season is only a week over so i don't think any decisions will be rushed just yet, maybe after christmas i reckon but i'd agree with ya, reduce the size of the squad and bring in more quality, think we have the balls of 50 or so players for the Senior and U21 squads, far to many players IMO.

mchurl
28/11/2005, 1:15 PM
colly james' contract wasnt renewed

SeagullScene
28/11/2005, 1:28 PM

and is it going to be? can't understand that at all :confused:

BrayZil
28/11/2005, 1:49 PM

That doesn’t surprise me. I quite like him as a player but he made a couple of big mistakes this season. If he does go it will be a shame to see him go.

Hulsey
28/11/2005, 1:55 PM
Bray can't be seriously thinking about letting Collie go! He has an enormous amount of potential and is one of only a few players at the club willing to put their body on the line for the team. The ankle injury he sustained against Longford (I think) is testament to that fact. Really rate him as a centre mid player and would be very sad to see him go.

BrayZil
28/11/2005, 2:08 PM
Bray can't be seriously thinking about letting Collie go! He has an enormous amount of potential and is one of only a few players at the club willing to put their body on the line for the team. The ankle injury he sustained against Longford (I think) is testament to that fact. Really rate him as a centre mid player and would be very sad to see him go.

Totally agree. I know he's made a couple of mistakes this year (Drogs, Longford spring to mind) but I still think he's a quality player. He's not afraid to tackle and he's very brave and committed. I really hope he stays.

Roo69
28/11/2005, 2:37 PM
He was playing very well for us then got injuried down in Logford a few weekas before the cup semis, he has'nt been given a look in since that. Very strange indeed........ I'd be surprised if he was with us next season, which is a shame

KR's Post
28/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Rooney will always be one of my favourite players ever to play with Bray. He's just like one of the lads!!! If you go Collie, i'll miss ya....:(

Stevo Da Gull
28/11/2005, 7:37 PM
He's not afraid to tackle and he's very brave and committed. I really hope he stays.

I'd like to echo that.

superfrank
29/11/2005, 10:53 AM
On Saturday I was talking to Tarz (the player) at work. He was lookinga at football boots with Weso and I went up to him and said: "Thinking of getting a new pair of boots?"
He said: "Ah sure I've hung mine up!"
I said: "Are you serious??"
He goes: "No, no"

Good news!

Hulsey
29/11/2005, 12:32 PM
On Saturday I was talking to Tarz (the player) at work. He was lookinga at football boots with Weso and I went up to him and said: "Thinking of getting a new pair of boots?"
He said: "Ah sure I've hung mine up!"
I said: "Are you serious??"
He goes: "No, no"

Good news!

Don't scare us like that!!!! Really hope that Tarzan stays on till he gets the goals record.

KR's Post
30/11/2005, 2:27 PM
Don't scare us like that!!!! Really hope that Tarzan stays on till he gets the goals record.

He will and.....

Hulsey
01/12/2005, 11:29 AM
According to the Bray people Mc Govern is concidering retiring! With him out of contract I thought we would defo sign him. Him and Mick Roche would be more than adequate cover if either Wes or Jody picked up an injury or suspension.

superfrank
01/12/2005, 8:13 PM
SDG told me this today, I was shocked, he's only 25.

lowflyingseagul
01/12/2005, 9:41 PM
as longer is shown the door, i will forgive everything else, i also heard from a guy involved with pats that robbie doyle is leaving them

Hulsey
02/12/2005, 1:17 PM
as longer is shown the door, i will forgive everything else, i also heard from a guy involved with pats that robbie doyle is leaving them
Can you really see him being let go though? He's probably staying till he retires due to his connections with Devo.:rolleyes:

Roo69
03/12/2005, 8:26 PM
Can you really see him being let go though? He's probably staying till he retires due to his connections with Devo.:rolleyes:

I reckon Longer will retire, stories were that he was going to last season but decided to stay on for 1 more year in the premier. The 1st 6 or 7 matches of the season he was our best player, he did very well playing just in front of the back 4.

The Bray People said that up to 12 players won't be playing for Bray next season.... My guess is that some of them could be Colm James, Robbie McGuinness, Neil Donnelly, Keith Kelch, Graham O'Hanlon, Robert Dunne, Keith Long, Brian McGovern, Kevin O'Brien. As i said thats just guess work on preformances and stories that are floating around the place.....

The U21 players have have resigned and are being brought into the 1st team squad (Ronan Ivory, Darren Lacey, William Tyrrell, William Murphy, Peter McGee and Wayne Byrne) are all more than capable than replacing who the players who leave.

Devo will have his own list of players taht he wants to sign as well to strenghten the club. I reckon we could be in even better shape than we were last season.

Hulsey
05/12/2005, 10:26 AM
My guess is that some of them could be Colm James, Robbie McGuinness, Neil Donnelly, Keith Kelch, Graham O'Hanlon, Robert Dunne, Keith Long, Brian McGovern, Kevin O'Brien. As i said thats just guess work on preformances and stories that are floating around the place.....

Out of all of the above I'd have to say I'd be most unhappy to see Collie James go. A fully fit Robbie McG would be brilliant, but he's been so unlucky with injuries that he's not the player he used to be. Choppers too injury prone too. Wouldn't mind seeing Mc Gov sign up as back up for Weso and Jody.The problem with Longer is he picks up so many yellows for mouthing off to the ref that once he gets booked you fear he'll be sent off. The rest are never going to be anything other than squad players and if all are moved on and one quality player comes in, it will be very good business for the club

mchurl
06/12/2005, 10:34 AM
i dont rate longer as a player, he gives the ball away too often. I wouldnt mind seeing robbie mcg being re-signed as i think he is quality when he is fit. Also hold onto McGovern as cover as well.

Hulsey
06/12/2005, 10:40 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with Skippy? Has he signed a new deal or is he leaving?

Roo69
06/12/2005, 11:53 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with Skippy? Has he signed a new deal or is he leaving?

Bray People said a new 2 year deal wasa on the table for him but he had'nt signed yet.

Robbie Dunne is the 1st player to be released, he has rejoined Dundalk.

superfrank
06/12/2005, 3:23 PM
Robbie Dunne is the 1st player to be released, he has rejoined Dundalk.
Goodbye Robbie. Not a terribly gifted player but he'd always give 100% and we could have done with him next season.

Roo69
06/12/2005, 3:30 PM
Goodbye Robbie. Not a terribly gifted player but he'd always give 100% and we could have done with him next season.

Think he had one good game for us, the 2-2 draw vs. Drogheda at the start of the season. Massive throw, great engine but not enough to play for Bray. Best memory of him will be when he ran towards the crowd before the cup semi final and let a massive roar to physc everyone up..... great stuff.
Thanks Robbie and best of luck with Dundalk.

KK77
06/12/2005, 3:52 PM
Yeah best of luck Robbie no matter people say you gave your all any time you put the jersey on and that counts for a lot considering some of the lazy posers in today's game all the best at Dundalk.

Hulsey
07/12/2005, 10:35 AM
Thought he would have been a decent back up player, especially if they let Collie James go as speculated. The guy always gave 100% and while not great technically, wouldn't pull out of a tackle and was committed to the cause. Anyone who saw him when walking past the dressing rooms at Dalymount after he had been sent off away to Bohs knows what I mean. Cheers Robbie, good luck with Dundalk.

mchurl
07/12/2005, 10:46 AM
Cheers robbie he wasnt the most gifted footballer but always gave his all. Good Luck for the future

Roo69
15/12/2005, 9:41 AM
Daz, Foxy, Pip and Caffo all re-signed for the club last night.......good news

superfrank
15/12/2005, 9:45 AM
Best news I've heard in a long time.

KK77
15/12/2005, 10:10 AM
I see the Bray people last night mentioned about Robbie Doyle coming back but WORRYING is they mentioned Drogheda are in for him as well and the fact we might struggle to pay him 52 weeks of the year could be a major problem though regardless it's hard to see him turning Drogs down as they are club going places and i don't think he'll go there solely coz of better pay i think it coz it makes sense career wise

Hulsey
15/12/2005, 11:38 AM
Daz, Foxy, Pip and Caffo all re-signed for the club last night.......good news
Quality news. IMO 4 of our best players last season by a long way. Good nucleus for next years team.

superfrank
15/12/2005, 3:33 PM
I see the Bray people last night mentioned about Robbie Doyle coming back but WORRYING is they mentioned Drogheda are in for him as well and the fact we might struggle to pay him 52 weeks of the year could be a major problem though regardless it's hard to see him turning Drogs down as they are club going places and i don't think he'll go there solely coz of better pay i think it coz it makes sense career wise
With the money freed up by the players being released and the money from Weso/Eamo/Jayo deals we'll have more then enough to compete and pay him 52 weeks a year.

Roo69
15/12/2005, 3:57 PM
With the money freed up by the players being released and the money from Weso/Eamo/Jayo deals we'll have more then enough to compete and pay him 52 weeks a year.

The Weso and Eamo money was used to bring in the likes of Tyrrell, Caffo, O'Brien etc during the season and to keep the club ticking over... But with the Byrne money and then if we sell Eamon we will have to spend good money and bring in full time players with have a high calibure (wether that be Robbie Doyle, John Frost or Danny O'Connor) if we want to progress in the league and build on what we achieved last season.

No point in releasing players and then bring in the same type of quality of players to replace them.

Seagull
15/12/2005, 4:30 PM
The Weso and Eamo money was used to bring in the likes of Tyrrell, Caffo, O'Brien etc during the season and to keep the club ticking over... But with the Byrne money and then if we sell Eamon we will have to spend good money and bring in full time players with have a high calibure (wether that be Robbie Doyle, John Frost or Danny O'Connor) if we want to progress in the league and build on what we achieved last season.

No point in releasing players and then bring in the same type of quality of players to replace them.
If we want to progress in the League, we should be keeping Eamo. Sell Eamo and bring in Robbie Doyle- oh dear God nooooo!!

dublinwanderer
21/12/2005, 12:55 PM
seems to be getting very quiet on transfer rumours here. come on someone make it a good christmas!!! anyone any news????

oh and bray need to keep eamo if, as devo said; 'we wants to challenge for the league next year' is true........

Roo69
21/12/2005, 1:12 PM
seems to be getting very quiet on transfer rumours here. come on someone make it a good christmas!!! anyone any news????

oh and bray need to keep eamo if, as devo said; 'we wants to challenge for the league next year' is true........

In fairness we'll need more than Zayed if were to challange for the league title !