PDA

View Full Version : Tyrrells

ilovejam
28/11/2005, 12:21 PM
Hi lads,

Just wondering if any of you Bray fans could clear up something i heard over the weekend. I could have the total wrong end of the stick so bare with me!

At the end of season awards supposedly Brian McGovern wound William Tyrrell up so much to believe he had won an award but it was actually David Tyrrells award...So when William heard Tyrrell called out he leapt(?) up to the stage only to be told the award actually wasn't for him.

Heard he was made a right laughing stock of, know of any truth in it:confused:

Roo69
28/11/2005, 12:48 PM
Hi lads,

Just wondering if any of you Bray fans could clear up something i heard over the weekend. I could have the total wrong end of the stick so bare with me!

At the end of season awards supposedly Brian McGovern wound William Tyrrell up so much to believe he had won an award but it was actually David Tyrrells award...So when William heard Tyrrell called out he leapt(?) up to the stage only to be told the award actually wasn't for him.

Heard he was made a right laughing stock of, know of any truth in it:confused:

I could'nt make it and heard a drunken report from one of the lads that McGovern was winding Mick Roche up, McGovern dressed up in a surgeons outfit to present him with the award and a kids football that is tied to bouncey string......... strange goings on :D

ilovejam
28/11/2005, 12:55 PM
That sounds right, kicking the ball while holding the string means it wouldn't go too far......Kind of like them trying to clear their lines every Friday night during the season:eek: ...:p ...:D

mchurl
28/11/2005, 1:14 PM
That sounds right, kicking the ball while holding the string means it wouldn't go too far......Kind of like them trying to clear their lines every Friday night during the season:eek: ...:p ...

hey hey:p

Hulsey
28/11/2005, 1:50 PM
That sounds right, kicking the ball while holding the string means it wouldn't go too far......Kind of like them trying to clear their lines every Friday night during the season:eek: ...:p ...:D
Know your only havin' a laff, but refresh my memory, who finished higher in the league AND knocked the other out of the cup? Mc Govern was presenting him with the "award" for being cack in training. Saw Tarzan put the "trophy" into his bag as I was at the table next to him. Looks like more than Mc Govern knew about it.

KR's Post
28/11/2005, 3:44 PM
I could'nt make it and heard a drunken report from one of the lads that McGovern was winding Mick Roche up, McGovern dressed up in a surgeons outfit to present him with the award and a kids football that is tied to bouncey string......... strange goings on :D
Ye McGov was quality with the prank!! Didn't know what tarz was doing when he went up, and when i saw McGov coming in, in the surgron outfit(i knew it was him) i couldn't believe it. That's what you want in the club though, a bit of banter! I think Rochey knew what was going on!!!! McGovs accent was quality....

ilovejam
29/11/2005, 7:26 AM
Know your only havin' a laff, but refresh my memory, who finished higher in the league AND knocked the other out of the cup? Mc Govern was presenting him with the "award" for being cack in training. Saw Tarzan put the "trophy" into his bag as I was at the table next to him. Looks like more than Mc Govern knew about it.
awh now we wont go into that! Bray have been cheating by was of using a very different climate out there!!

Bray Head
29/11/2005, 8:38 AM
Great skit on the night. Tought Tarzan was going to announce his retirement when he went up to speak at the end.

Hulsey
29/11/2005, 12:22 PM
Ye McGov was quality with the prank!! Didn't know what tarz was doing when he went up, and when i saw McGov coming in, in the surgron outfit(i knew it was him) i couldn't believe it. That's what you want in the club though, a bit of banter! I think Rochey knew what was going on!!!! McGovs accent was quality....
Worth keeping him at the club just to see what he pulls at next years awards!! His version of lady in red was actually suprisingly good too! Beats listening to that other chap with the big eyebrows (lets not mention names;) )

Hulsey
30/11/2005, 11:46 AM
awh now we wont go into that! Bray have been cheating by was of using a very different climate out there!!
If your talkin' bout the cold your defo bang on!!!! Got to be the coldest ground in the country with the close proximity to the sea and no covering at all for the seated area. God I'm starting to sound like a geaography teacher:eek: :eek:.