PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion box for next season

jebus
27/11/2005, 9:33 PM
Any ideas for how we can improve things on and off the field for next season and try and finally get us back in the premier league? Personally I think the supporters and the club need to work together right from the off next season and not keep trying to pull the club in seperate directions. That said it'd be up to Drew to make the first move on this one, because as he kindly reminds us, we're just scumbags and he's head honcho of LFC, but I'm willing to cut down on my anti-Drew rants once he hit pre-season for one. That said Noel needs to get his P45 pronto (I'm sitting beside some spanish guy talking on his phone, hence the prontos and honchos, think I'll go watch Desperado after I'm done here) and we need to hire in a competant football manager who realises that football can be played on the ground sometimes. Other than that all we have to do is hold on to the Robbies (what does Reading have that we don't?), the Tommys (so what if the Premier League champions are reportedly interested) and make sure Danny doesn't hire any more Nolans or CPs.........we're screwed aren't we

LFC in Exile
28/11/2005, 8:33 AM
Personally I think the supporters and the club need to work together right from the off next season and not keep trying to pull the club in seperate directions. That said it'd be up to Drew to make the first move on this one

:rolleyes:

I'm willing to cut down on my anti-Drew rants once he hit pre-season for one. That said Noel needs to get his P45 pronto

we're screwed aren't we

I'm sure there are patches you can get to cut down. But really you have to want to quit. :)

I can lend you some of my valium.

Lim till i die
28/11/2005, 9:51 AM
Any chance of a sheet of galvinised for the other end of the ground I've a terrible feeling we will have to accomodate Shamrock Rovers in the Shed :)

Apart from that, am O'Connor out and Tommy Barrett kept away from all Cork interest (real or imagined ;) ). A couple of midfielders, two full backs and a striker, an end to the annual Oriel Park/Terryland Park/vs Cobh surrenders and we'll build from there :ball:

4tothefloor
29/11/2005, 8:54 PM
A new manager would be nice. A bit of entertainment like. Can't see Robbie staying with us now that there is cross channel interest, at best we'll lose him to another EL club. Barrett looks dodgy as well, although I couldn't see him making that Cork side. Mike Kerley's appointment in Waterford is worrying too 'cos he could just raid Limerick for players that he knows - most notably Paul Finucane who he could look to pair with Paddy Purcell again. Can't see McGrath sticking around either, and our cultured foreigners we might as well forget about as they weren't given a chance last season, so why would that change? All in all not looking good, and it all comes back to my first sentence. We need a new manager. One year in to the five and everyone is sick of him already. Shock, horror! :rolleyes:

gaidin
06/12/2005, 2:05 AM
How about giving one or two of the talented u21s a few more games ahead of the likes of Nolan or CP.

sadloserkid
06/12/2005, 12:13 PM
Nolan or CP.

Both gone if not entirely forgotten.

Then again this time last year we thought we'd seen the last of CP 'Rio' O'Brien and look what happened there...

A number of those talented U-21s have already decided that there's more hope for them away from senior football: Darren Harrington, Wayne Colbert and most disappointingly of all John Boyle. I've been told that they were all pretty much unanimous in their reasons for leaving and are unlikely to return for at least 4 seasons (see 4tothefloor's signature for more details ;)).

gaidin
06/12/2005, 1:20 PM
Both gone if not entirely forgotten.

I thought CP was taking a break for the year and that he would be back for next season. Not surprised some of the 21s left because of the manager.

Kerry Blue
06/12/2005, 5:57 PM
I thought CP was taking a break for the year and that he would be back for next season.
Please God No! Not again!!!!:eek: :eek:

4tothefloor
07/12/2005, 9:00 AM
Well if O'Brien returns his new nickname will be Can't P!ss instead of Can't Pass. For obvious reasons.....

sadloserkid
07/12/2005, 11:59 AM
Well if O'Brien returns his new nickname will be Can't P!ss instead of Can't Pass. For obvious reasons.....

:D

More seriously I'd be surprised if he darkens our door again. Then again... this is Limerick FC... :eek: :)