View Full Version : A small bit of advertisment for the league

27/11/2005, 6:55 PM
last night on Winning Streak of all places....I know quite tragic and sad that I saw this BUT I was actually getting ready to go out.
Fella on it wearing a Pats tshirt, his son had a pats jersey with him and they're was also another 1 or 2 wearing pats tshirts. Spent a few mins talking about going to games etc and Mooney (hate him) said it was nice to see interest in the irish league etc

27/11/2005, 7:06 PM
RTE will probably sack Mooney for advertising the league,god forbid they as the national broadcasting channel,should advertise the league

27/11/2005, 7:07 PM
it all counts !!! F O R Z A--- S H E L S

27/11/2005, 7:10 PM
last night on Winning Streak of all places....I know quite tragic and sad that I saw this BUT I was actually getting ready to go out.

Now there is a likely story if i ever heard one .... Maz glued to the telly for Winning Streak every week i'd bet .... she cant get enough of it !! :p

27/11/2005, 7:14 PM
Now there is a likely story if i ever heard one .... Maz glued to the telly for Winning Streak every week i'd bet .... she cant get enough of it !! :p
Its true, I love Derek....goodbyyyyeeee with his waving hands

27/11/2005, 7:18 PM

Ha ha .... you admit it too .... Maz, you'll never live this down !! :D

27/11/2005, 7:19 PM
Ha ha .... you admit it too .... Maz, you'll never live this down !! :D
You mean you love Derek too

atfconline
27/11/2005, 7:19 PM
We got a mention in The Clinic a few weeks back as well. One of the characters was in a restaurant making small talk when he goes "Town look good this season". Then the one he was with was asking him what he was talking about. So he was saying oh Athlone Town, they're my team. They look to have some good players this season etc etc. :)

27/11/2005, 7:22 PM
You mean you love Derek too

Maz Maz Maz, you have been found out .... its too late now !! :p

27/11/2005, 7:24 PM
Maz Maz Maz, you have been found out .... its too late now !! :p
It was only a matter of time, I cant believe people never copped on sooner when I wear my I love Derek Mooney tshirt and peaky hat!

27/11/2005, 7:26 PM
Actually the Dreams come true thing that Ray Darcy does, has had Longford Town and Cork City in it recently ..... its must be getting kinda cool to start mentioning the league now all of a sudden.

27/11/2005, 7:38 PM
Actually the Dreams come true thing that Ray Darcy does, has had Longford Town and Cork City in it recently ..... its must be getting kinda cool to start mentioning the league now all of a sudden.
Its the in thing

27/11/2005, 7:39 PM
Thats because everyone knows an EL team is going to break into the Champions League or UEFA Cup within the next 2-4 seasons and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon in plenty of time.

27/11/2005, 7:44 PM
Thats because everyone knows an EL team is going to break into the Champions League or UEFA Cup within the next 2-4 seasons and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon in plenty of time.

Just hope the bandwagon stops at every stop, they are all welcome aboard if it is good for the league, spend your money people .... spend your money !! ;) :p

27/11/2005, 8:02 PM
We got a mention in The Clinic a few weeks back as well. One of the characters was in a restaurant making small talk when he goes "Town look good this season". Then the one he was with was asking him what he was talking about. So he was saying oh Athlone Town, they're my team. They look to have some good players this season etc etc. :)
In the sports shop in Fair City, they always had Shels, bohs, pats and Rovers jerseys hanging in the background as well

27/11/2005, 8:25 PM
"Town look good this season".They look to have some good players this season etc etc. :)It's terrible that they have to resort to lying and making false statements like that on RTE:mad: :D.

27/11/2005, 8:59 PM

must have been some kind of fantasy sequence , were they dealing with the consequences of psychoptropic drug use ?:D

28/11/2005, 12:12 AM
The guy who won the money and his son are hardcore. Been to pretty much every game this year. Fair play to him

28/11/2005, 9:40 AM
Maz, Derek could never love you, unless of course your a bloke?

28/11/2005, 9:50 AM
The guy who won the money and his son are hardcore. Been to pretty much every game this year. Fair play to him
That was a bit strong before the wathershed. Gave the kids an awful shock! :D
Still, better than a crop of Sell(to)Thicks outfits, so fair dues!

bluemovie
28/11/2005, 12:17 PM

I'm surprised it wasn't some fella with a knife in his head after a Rovers match.:rolleyes:

28/11/2005, 12:19 PM
eL still seen as freak/cult thing although higher profile of european games has helped change a little.

I still expect strange looks when i say i go to eL games but in fact getting a lot of "fair dues seen ye on tv..." type comments now.

If TV exposure like this season is kept up IMO will change a lot of opinions.

28/11/2005, 12:38 PM
No, you don't cos he never says good . . . .
just "see you next week . . . byyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee"
:cool: :cool:

This post isn't really that :cool: , is it?

28/11/2005, 1:17 PM
I'm surprised it wasn't some fella with a knife in his head after a Rovers match.:rolleyes:

Vhi=€599 per year

lost earnings due to injury at rovers match= €20,000

above post=priceless
:D :D

28/11/2005, 1:28 PM
it's slightly off topic but....

While sitting in the pub with a few mates yesterday watching the Man Utd-West Ham game and screaming for West Ham just for the sake of it,A Man Utd fan shouts across the room at me "who do you support".I answered "Shelbourne",this was quickly met with a high-pitched "WHO......Shelbourne" and after a chuckle with his mates he called me "A f*cking eejit" and then asked me why i dont support a real team,i said " i do support a real team not just one i see on tele",then he said "i went to Old Trafford twice last season" real proudly and i said "and spent a fortune doing it to whereas i missed only 5 games supporting my team all season,home and away........and im the ****ing eejit" :roll:

28/11/2005, 1:43 PM
Vhi=€599 per year

lost earnings due to injury at rovers match= €20,000

above post=priceless
:D :D

Are Bohs the new Rovers? With the number of fines for pitch invasions & objects thrown of the pitch i think ye could be...

28/11/2005, 1:44 PM
it's slightly off topic but....

While sitting in the pub with a few mates yesterday watching the Man Utd-West Ham game and screaming for West Ham just for the sake of it,A Man Utd fan shouts across the room at me "who do you support".I answered "Shelbourne",this was quickly met with a high-pitched "WHO......Shelbourne" and after a chuckle with his mates he called me "A f*cking eejit" and then asked me why i dont support a real team,i said " i do support a real team not just one i see on tele",then he said "i went to Old Trafford twice last season" real proudly and i said "and spent a fortune doing it to whereas i missed only 5 games supporting my team all season,home and away........and im the ****ing eejit" :roll:Did he come over and thump you then?:D.

Ah no, good man Anto, time these barstooler's realised that there is a league in Ireland.

28/11/2005, 2:06 PM

Clown.

Anyway Paths to Freedom on a thursday has Rats in a Rovers jersey from the 99/00 season.

28/11/2005, 2:47 PM
Ya,its autographed aswell.

monkey magic
28/11/2005, 11:57 PM

... at which point the doctors promptly whisked him off to the clinic for some urgent treatment:D

29/11/2005, 11:18 AM
Maz, Derek could never love you, unless of course your a bloke?
:eek: what you mean....you mean, hes gay? :p

bluemovie
29/11/2005, 3:57 PM
Clown.

Anyway Paths to Freedom on a thursday has Rats in a Rovers jersey from the 99/00 season.

Relax, boy. I don't use smilies lightly....rolling eyes = sarcasm. I thought the only way the league would get on RTE would be for some lame hooliganism story. I still have the Herald from the summer when they basically predicted civil war over the BSC graffitti on the Milltown monument....and before you ask, I didn't BUY the Herald. I know Rovers fans are probably touchy at the moment, but take a chill pill.