PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United Vs. West Ham

sligoman
27/11/2005, 3:25 PM
Anyone watching it? Sky Sports 1 now. Man U losing 1-0 after 50 seconds:eek:. They're playing really well now though and would be up 3-1 now if it weren't for Roy Carroll in the West Ham goal. Made some super saves so far. Very good game so far, surprisingly.

thejollyrodger
27/11/2005, 3:47 PM
it would be pure funny if man u went on to lose and lose badly :D a few more defeats and fergie would be out the door :D

sligoman
27/11/2005, 3:48 PM
Half time now, still 1-0. Of course as soon as I posted this, the game started to get boring:o.

sligoman
27/11/2005, 4:08 PM
1-1 now. Wayne Rooney.

sligoman
27/11/2005, 4:17 PM
2-1 to Man U now. John O'Shea scored with a great header after 56minutes.

JoeSemi
27/11/2005, 5:18 PM
Tell me, why do people give a running commentary of a game here when its on TV for all to see?!:confused:

junkie
27/11/2005, 6:09 PM
Tell me, why do people give a running commentary of a game here when its on TV for all to see?!:confused:

Em did you ever think of the fact that Sky Sports is a subscription channel, and an expensive one may I add, might mean people can't afford to watch it?

Anyway good game. Fully deserved United victory. Rooney was outstanding again but missed alot of chances. It could have easily been 4 or 5-1.

I thought the minutes applause to George Best before the match was first class. Well done West Ham.

feo123
27/11/2005, 8:12 PM
What a great away win and performance by us today! Rooney was different gravy!! Great decision from fergie to take off silvestre! brown was immense at centre half! he is much better than mikael!!

TheJamaicanP.M.
27/11/2005, 8:16 PM
What a great away win and performance by us today! Rooney was different gravy!! Great decision from fergie to take off silvestre! brown was immense at centre half! he is much better than mikael!!

Feo, have I missed something? Are Rooney, Silvestre and Brown playing for Sligo now and since when did Fergie take over as manager of Sligo? I thought if ManUre were going to loan players to the EL, it would be to their "feeder club", Shels.

JoeSemi
27/11/2005, 9:42 PM
Em did you ever think of the fact that Sky Sports is a subscription channel, and an expensive one may I add, might mean people can't afford to watch it?

Balls to that. You can't use that one in this day and age. Surely a quick flick onto teletext is quicker or the radio might even give you a decent commentary. I'd say people are only trying to up their number of posts to gain first team football!

I did think United were excellent and if anyboday can come close to threaten Ronaldinho as the worlds best player over the next few years it will be Wayne Rooney. He only has Henry as an equal in England and, as much as it pains me to say, I hope he might one day return to Merseyside and don the red of Liverpool!:rolleyes:

Dillo
27/11/2005, 9:46 PM
He only has Henry as an equal in England and, as much as it pains me to say, I hope he might one day return to Merseyside and don the red of Liverpool!:rolleyes:

Balls to that! :rolleyes:

JoeSemi
27/11/2005, 9:51 PM
Yeah, bull nuts to that actually!;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
27/11/2005, 10:32 PM
I hope he might one day return to Merseyside and don the red of Liverpool!:rolleyes:

Now that's just taking the Michael Joe!:rolleyes:

sligoman
27/11/2005, 11:05 PM
Balls to that. You can't use that one in this day and age. Surely a quick flick onto teletext is quicker or the radio might even give you a decent commentary. I'd say people are only trying to up their number of posts to gain first team football!Fcuk off JoeSemi. If you dont wanna read the posts then dont bother opening the thread, no one's forcing you to read them, fool!:mad:. I think your just trying to get your post count up by starting all this sh!te:rolleyes:.

gustavo
27/11/2005, 11:37 PM
it is a bit pointless starting a thread here though in world football about a single game that was played today out of all the games that were played in the world today

M@ttitude
28/11/2005, 3:04 AM
it is a bit pointless starting a thread here though in world football about a single game that was played today out of all the games that were played in the world today
When theres rules stating that you cant start threads about games that you are interested in then people wont start them.. So until then when you see MAN U V WEST HAM for instance, ignore it lads. But in my opinion being out the the country, hearing how games went from my foot.ie friends is a pleasure.

sligoman
28/11/2005, 2:53 PM
it is a bit pointless starting a thread here though in world football about a single game that was played today out of all the games that were played in the world todayNot really. I started it becuase the game had just started and it was good enough so I was just reminding people that it was on and that it looked entertaining so if they wanted to watch it then they could put it on, that's all!:)

The fact that people have criticised this thread so much proves that people need to calm down a bit, it's only one thread for feck sake:rolleyes:.

ken foree
28/11/2005, 3:47 PM
When theres rules stating that you cant start threads about games that you are interested in then people wont start them.. So until then when you see MAN U V WEST HAM for instance, ignore it lads. But in my opinion being out the the country, hearing how games went from my foot.ie friends is a pleasure.

hear hear. that game cost 20 quid in the states

Hulsey
01/12/2005, 1:27 PM
I did think United were excellent and if anyboday can come close to threaten Ronaldinho as the worlds best player over the next few years it will be Wayne Rooney. He only has Henry as an equal in England and, as much as it pains me to say, I hope he might one day return to Merseyside and don the red of Liverpool!:rolleyes:
What about super David Healy???? Or Rob Hulse???? Or Robbie Blake???? Or Richard Cresswell???? Or MIchael Ricketts no sorry can't even say Ricketts is a good player when i'm taking the p!$$. But I'm not joking that Healy, the incredable Hulse and Blake are far better than Rooney!

Clifford
01/12/2005, 2:06 PM
Should the title not have been West Ham United vs Man united?

Great to see such a big turn out at OT last night, only 20,000 empty seats. They loved Georgie all right.

ColinR
01/12/2005, 3:39 PM
any other club get 50,000 for a league cup match???? thought not :rolleyes:

Clifford
01/12/2005, 3:46 PM
any other club get 50,000 for a league cup match???? thought not :rolleyes:

On such a momentus night, what would George have thought? 20,000 missing in action, such a shame he wasn't as loved there as the meejia would have us all believe. Just observing aloud like. Fair weather springs to mind...

ColinR
01/12/2005, 5:04 PM
yeah whatever :rolleyes:

sligoman
01/12/2005, 8:35 PM
Should the title not have been West Ham United vs Man united?Yes it should. I edited it afterwards if you look at my original post;) :o.

Karlos
01/12/2005, 9:49 PM
only slightly relevant but Arsenal sold out to see the kids play (and win again!) albeit through some general sale which they don't usually go to. Impressive turn out against a championship team. :)

It's the one carling cup game I would have expected Utd to sell out.

Don't think Arsenal will sell out 60,000 next year for carling cup games but I'd expect a sell out if it was the first home game after a legend passed away such as Rocastle, Adams etc etc :o