PDA

View Full Version : "Maroon 'N White" Christmas

DanGU FC
25/11/2005, 5:53 PM
Make sure to attend the Galway United Season Ticket Launch on Tuesday 29th November, 2006 where we will be launching our new "Maroon 'N White Christmas" campaign.

Details of the different season ticket packages will be on display and there will be drinks and fingerfood on the night.

The Backstage Bar, Radisson SAS Hotel - 6.30pm

Patrick Dunne
26/11/2005, 5:56 PM
A breakdown of last years season ticket sales were :

U-16 50
Student 27
OAP 7
Adult 384

Total 468

Our target this year is to comfortably exceed 500, and get 200 sold before 31st December. Everyone has his or her part to play.

Terry
29/11/2005, 10:28 AM
Make sure to attend the Galway United Season Ticket Launch on Tuesday 29th November, 2006 where we will be launching our new "Maroon 'N White Christmas" campaign.

Details of the different season ticket packages will be on display and there will be drinks and fingerfood on the night.

The Backstage Bar, Radisson SAS Hotel - 6.30pm

Wont be able to make it tonight but if someone could post the details on the bronze, silver and gold memberships, and the draws for the season ticket holders here it would be much appreciated

Patrick Dunne
29/11/2005, 10:58 AM
details here after the launch, Terry.

Terry
30/11/2005, 1:04 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/ticket_info.html

It all seems a bit over priced IMO.:(

gufct
02/12/2005, 8:36 AM
Terry they are the cheapest season tickets in the league and if you buy one before 21st December it will only cost you €110 for at least 16 games thats less than €7 a game.:mad:

Terry
02/12/2005, 8:38 AM
Sorry, should have said the bronze, sliver and gold packages ! I was thinking of buying one of them, but not at that price

I bought next seasons season ticket 2 years ago !

gufct
02/12/2005, 1:43 PM
they are aimed at Corporates.

galwaygirl
02/12/2005, 2:20 PM
..I was thinking of buying one of them, but not at that price
You could always sell or rent out your parking space, to make some €'s back on it Terry :D

Tribesman
02/12/2005, 3:49 PM
All diehard supporters should try to sell a few season tickets. If we
want more players like the calibre of Alan Murphy at our club then lets get out there and start pushing season tickets and get involved in the race night.

Terry
05/12/2005, 10:11 AM
Im a bit concerned about these seats. Where are they going to be situated? If they are given the seats in the centre of the stand we could have that area half empty during the hole season !! which to me wouldnt look good.:(

Patrick Dunne
05/12/2005, 11:43 PM
A certain area will be reserved, probably 5-10 rows in front of the pressbox.
I wouldn't be one bit concerned, Terry, 100 "reserved" sales is equal to 350 + "standard" ticket holders.

Some supporters may be in a position to pay more than E110 for their season tickets. This does not mean that they are any better or worse than the rest of us. As far as I'm concerned, whether you spend E2 on a lotto ticket or E50,000 on sponsoring the team, you are supporting GUFC. I therefore assume that you are dead sound.:)

Terry
06/12/2005, 7:33 AM
I agree with you PD. BUT! I still think that a lot of corporate tickets that are bought are just bought for sponsorship reasons (fair play to them) but they very rarely show up for matches (unless we are doing well). This would leave a gapping hole in the middle of the supporters which to me would look stupid.

On another note, the signing of Murphs could be a great thing this year for attracting new supporters for the future !! I have already been asked to enquire about getting up to ten junior season tickets for next season !!:)

GalwayFrancis
06/12/2005, 9:20 AM
I still think that a lot of corporate tickets that are bought are just bought for sponsorship reasons (fair play to them) but they very rarely show up for matches (unless we are doing well).

but we will be doing well next season so dont worry about it terry!:)

Mr A
06/12/2005, 2:25 PM
Simple way around that problem is to hold the seats until 5 minutes after kickoff and then let whoever wants to sit in them.

Patrick Dunne
06/12/2005, 2:57 PM
You can't have scum sitting in the corporate seats !

How would you feel if you were returning from a media launch or a round of golf and happened to find some tracksuit wearing scumbag sitting in your seat ! :mad:

Over my dead body. I'll defend these seats against the barbarian hordes with my life, if neccesary.

Terry
06/12/2005, 3:06 PM
whether you spend E2 on a lotto ticket or E50,000 on sponsoring the team, you are supporting GUFC. I therefore assume that you are dead sound

You can't have scum sitting in the corporate seats !

How would you feel if you were returning from a media launch or a round of golf and happened to find some tracksuit wearing scumbag sitting in your seat !

Over my dead body. I'll defend these seats against the barbarian hordes with my life, if neccesary.

contradicting yourself there PD ;)

I wouldnt let anyone sit in them, but I would maybe give them seats closer to the tea/coffee area as they would be visiting there before,during and after games plus no supporters sit there so they wouldnt be deafened by the massive noise from the supporters and drums!!;) :D

Patrick Dunne
06/12/2005, 10:39 PM
Seriously, the idea of the reserved seats will only work in practice for games where seats in the main stand will be at a premium. One of our hardcore supporters bought a bronze ticket off me last week - he sits in the same spot with his friend every week and is hardly going to move to a reserved section.

The main advantage for him is the reserved car space, he has a business and can write off the expenditure, but more importantly he wants to support the club. The people who pay extra money for their seats have my utmost respect. Remember, these are not sandwich-munching clubhousers, who are parasitic deadwood and contribute nothing to our club, but decent people who have put their money where their mouth is.