PDA

View Full Version : Best of 2005

Hulsey
25/11/2005, 12:08 PM
What does everyone think of the Seagulls season. Best Result, goal, moment, away trip etc?

BrAyCMilan
25/11/2005, 12:19 PM
One of the best has to be Tarzans late winner against Pats when he came on as sub, cracked the crossbar with a free kick and finally drilled home a late winner. A real Bray legend! Great feeling leaving the ground that night, great buzz about the place.

Hulsey
25/11/2005, 12:26 PM
I agree its always a laugh to win a game you probably shouldnt have, but its hard to look past 3-1 against bohs at the Carlisle for best game. Took all weekend to calm down after that game! Francos goal against hearts defo gotta be goal of the season. Must've been at least 40 yards out & right in the top corner. Tyrells second free v Bohs for league goal of the season.

superfrank
25/11/2005, 3:15 PM
The buzz of the semi, the win in Waterford to end that bad run, taking points from every team, beating Bohs and Rovers, Franco's goal, the Hearts fans. There some of the things that I remember fondly this season.

Stevo Da Gull
26/11/2005, 3:01 PM
After a great season I could'nt possibly type all of the great memories because I'd be here till the cows come home, go back out again and eventually get slaughtered. Wins against Bohs, Pats and Rovers spring to mind, Tarzan's goal -v- pats sent me mental- fudgkin brilliant stuff:) . Thanks to all of the players and staff and any1/every1 else involved with the club for some top drawer moments and memories;)

Seagull
26/11/2005, 8:55 PM
That win in Waterford, especially Franco's performance. The U-21's cup final. The goal from the indirect free the 21's scored against Sligo- brilliant, quick thinking while they were arguing with the ref. Tarzan's goal v Pats. Beating the Bohs scum. Tarzan turning on the lights tonight, his singing :eek: I could be here all night...

Hulsey
28/11/2005, 10:18 AM
Forgot about Tarzan turning on the lights on Saturday:eek: . Only remembered on Sunday Morning! Blollocks to that. Prob had something to do with only getting home at 20 to 4 in the morning after the player of the year awards. Well done to Daz on winning the award. 100% deserved.

BrayZil
28/11/2005, 2:04 PM
It’s been a fantastic season for all involved with Bray. IMO the best result was 3-1 against Bohs in the Carlisle, it just topped the season off nicely. Bohs were long over due a beating from us. To take points off every team in the league this season is a great achievement for a team that was tipped to be relegated. The build up to the semi final, the atmosphere before and during the game was unbelievable. Great memories and plenty of highlights this year. I just hope we can build on this for next season.

Roo69
28/11/2005, 2:41 PM
It’s been a fantastic season for all involved with Bray. IMO the best result was 3-1 against Bohs in the Carlisle, it just topped the season off nicely. Bohs were long over due a beating from us. To take points off every team in the league this season is a great achievement for a team that was tipped to be relegated. The build up to the semi final, the atmosphere before and during the game was unbelievable. Great memories and plenty of highlights this year. I just hope we can build on this for next season.

Agree with all of that, also the 1st game of the season was quality. Magic atmosphere was super and great way to start off a pretty good season...

KR's Post
28/11/2005, 3:35 PM
What a season! Brilliant after all the criticism we received before the season. I think that this season was not only a great season for the players but the fans all season were fantastic. Even if we were losing we sang our hearts out and i know the players appreciated it so much. Alot of them said it to me and the lads the other night at the POTY awards!!

Best moment for me: The semi final.. Even though we lost the occasion was fantastic! We never ever stopped singing. A great game produced by 2 great sides. It was all a bit to much for me to take at the end, but i just about held the tears back!!(Sad i know) But Bray are my club and i'll always be emotional no matter what happens! Tarzys goal against Pats was another great night and what a finish to the game. Faboulous free kick that deserved a goal! Celebration by players and fans said it all!!!! Thanks for the memories lads and please let us have another better season next year. Europe here we come!!!!!

Stevo Da Gull
28/11/2005, 7:14 PM
Only after noticing now that I did'nt metion Ryaner's goal -v- Bohs:eek: . That and the celebrations ...........perfection!

superfrank
29/11/2005, 10:49 AM
Another one I remembered....Keith Kelch's sending off for the under 21's!!

SDG and Grasshopper were there at the time. They know what I'm on about!

Hulsey
29/11/2005, 12:28 PM
What a season! Brilliant after all the criticism we received before the season. I think that this season was not only a great season for the players but the fans all season were fantastic. Even if we were losing we sang our hearts out and i know the players appreciated it so much. Alot of them said it to me and the lads the other night at the POTY awards!!
Cracking season alright! One of the highlites has gotta be about 8- 10 of us outsinging the brandywell at the 2-2 draw. One dissapointment all year was that no one else would join in when I started singing "We're gonna win 6-5" when we were 5-0 down v shels. Would have been a real laugh as most of the shels fans had left anyway at that stage;) !!

Eoingull
03/12/2005, 12:04 AM
I always felt the best result of the season was the 1-1 draw in Cork, back in March. I think it gave everyone a bit of belief for the season. Eamo's curler into the far corner at home against Longford gets my vote for best goal. It was probably hard to see from the Shed, but standing behind the net I had a great view. Tarzan's goal against Pat's was the best moment. The best away trip was the final game against Harps. Everyone, players and supporters, seemed to be in great form. I haven't included the semi-final, as I was just too emotional that day, and rational analysis went out the window!