PDA

View Full Version : More Clubs Fined

harpskid
25/11/2005, 11:58 AM
25th November 2005

The following suspensions and sanctions were issued by the Disciplinary Commission at their meeting on Wednesday, 23rd November 2005 and will take effect as and from Wednesday, 7th December 2005 unless otherwise stated:

Athlone Town were fined €100 for the improper conduct of their players (5 players carded) v Sligo Rovers (12.11.05).

Bohemians were fined €1,000 for the improper conduct of their supporters and severely warned as to their future conduct arising out of incidents v Bray Wanderers (11.11.05).

Aidan Collins (Bohemians) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League match as per FIFA directive and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Drogheda United (08.11.05). Suspension already served.

Mick Cooke (Manager, Monaghan United) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches, fined €100 and severely warned as to his future conduct as a result of being dismissed from the technical area by the referee v Dublin City (12.11.05). For this two match suspension, Mr Cooke is to remain at least 50 metres away from the dressing room, technical area and pitch for at least two hours before the matches as well as during the matches and for one hour after the matches.

Paul Crowley (Waterford United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €40 as a result of reaching eight (8) penalty points.

Eoin Doyle (Bohemians) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v U.C.D. (09.11.05). Automatic suspension in next competitive match (as Bohemians have completed their Under 21 League fixtures) as per FIFA directive already served and ONE (1) Under 21 competitive match as and from Wednesday, 7th December.

Dundalk were fined €500 for the improper conduct of their spectators arising out of an incident v Cobh Ramblers (12.11.05).

Kieran Foley (Shamrock Rovers) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League match as per FIFA directive and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Cork City (07.11.05). Suspension already served.

Gavin Hughes (Monaghan United) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League match as per FIFA directive and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Dublin City (12.11.05). Suspension already served.

Philip Hughes (Monaghan United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €40 as a result of reaching eight (8) penalty points.

John Paul Kelly (Bohemians) suspended for THREE (3) competitive matches
and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Bray Wanderers (11.11.05). Automatic suspension in next eircom League match as per FIFA directive already served and TWO (2) competitive matches as and from Wednesday, 7th December.

Simon Kelly (Dundalk) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €40 as a result of reaching eight (8) penalty points.

Marc Kenny (Shamrock Rovers) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Cork City (07.11.05). Automatic suspension in next eircom League match as per FIFA directive already served and ONE (1) competitive match as and from Wednesday, 7th December.

Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Monaghan United were fined €100 for the improper conduct of their players (5 players carded) v Dublin City (12.11.05).

Mark Scoltock (Finn Harps) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League match as per FIFA directive and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Drogheda United (11.11.05). Suspension already served.

Shamrock Rovers were fined €100 for the improper conduct of their players (5 players carded) v Cork City (07.11.05).

Sligo Rovers were fined €500 for the igniting of flares v Athlone Town (12.11.05).
Simon Webb (Drogheda United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Billy Woods (Cork City) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Peadar
25/11/2005, 12:00 PM
I can't wait for our fine for the pitch invasion last Friday.
It will be like a badge of honour. :D

pete
25/11/2005, 12:54 PM

That committee met this week so surely they included that match in discussions?

Also surprising that no fines for Shels v City at Tolka park when 3 pitch invasions by home fans & items thrown onto the pitch.

Roo69
25/11/2005, 12:58 PM
Bohemians were fined €1,000 for the improper conduct of their supporters and severely warned as to their future conduct arising out of incidents v Bray Wanderers (11.11.05).

They hit the lines man with a bottle and thats all they get ? fcuking joke :mad:

harpskid
25/11/2005, 12:59 PM
That committee met this week so surely they included that match in discussions?

No, they will be discussed next week

Drumcondra Red
25/11/2005, 1:56 PM
It will be interesting to see next weeks ones, Boez vs. Shelbourne!!!

NY Hoop
25/11/2005, 2:03 PM
Shamrock Rovers were fined €100 for the improper conduct of their players (5 players carded) v Cork City (07.11.05).

Ridiculous. Who's gonna fine the ref for being incompetent? Oh wait they are not accountable:rolleyes:

KOH

Dodge
25/11/2005, 3:12 PM
HOw many clubs have been warned this season? I think everybody has at least twice....

Peadar
25/11/2005, 3:30 PM
i dont remember any flares that night !

Oh, that reminds me, we're due a fine for the flares on Friday too.
I'm sure everyone who was in the Shed or on the pitch would gladly chip in to pay the fines. :D
Worth every cent!

pete
25/11/2005, 4:10 PM
I think Bohs have been warned the most times this season as fans & from player/management would be Fenlon surely?

eamoss
25/11/2005, 4:22 PM
Dundalk were fined €500 for the improper conduct of their spectators arising out of an incident v Cobh Ramblers (12.11.05).
Chip was aimed at lines him but the person who through the chip was too drunk 2 get it on target and missed him by about a mile.

Mick89
25/11/2005, 4:35 PM

That would be a disgrace if ye got fined there!...

Sheridan
25/11/2005, 4:38 PM
Chip was aimed at lines him but the person who through the chip was too drunk 2 get it on target and missed him by about a mile.
Judging from this post, he still is! :eek:

bohs til i die
25/11/2005, 5:14 PM
They hit the lines man with a bottle and thats all they get ? fcuking joke :mad:

They?

ONE idiot throws a missile at the CARLISLE GROUNDS and Bohs get fined €1000.

Absolute shambles.

BohsFans
25/11/2005, 5:21 PM

I have an idea!

Employ some "decent" stewards maybe put a few Gardai in the ground and police your little **** hole of a ground and people wouldn't take advantage.

Then catch the guy, ban him and then Bohs can ban him.

It's your home match

HarpoJoyce
25/11/2005, 5:31 PM
It doesn't appear any club was warned about their future behaviour.

Bohs fans critising everybody but themselves for Bray is a bit unfair.
Fans need to police themselves, otherwise we lose the trust of the clubs.
Suggesting Bray Wanderers, Bray stewards, Gardaí do all the work before Bohemians step in, is asking for all away fans to treated like cattle because the home club doesn't trust them.

I prefer self-segregation at games rather than the enforced segregation being adopted by some clubs at present. Expecting the home representatives to make all the effort in stewarding is asking for away fans to be treated badly.

sligoman
25/11/2005, 6:03 PM
Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.The ban will mean nothing to him cos he's leaving us anyway:(.

Sligo Rovers were fined €500 for the igniting of flares v Athlone Town (12.11.05).
That is disgraceful, there was no ****ing flares lit that night:mad:. There was fireworks though:o. Also, when Pat's came down in the cup, they had flares, I dont seem to remember them been fined.

1 9 2 8
25/11/2005, 6:14 PM

What a load of bullshít one smoke grenade was lit off at the end of the game as the ref blew final whistle. About ten minutes after the game was over when the ref was in the dressing room a few screamers were let off. If those FAI w@nkers are going to fine us they should fine us actual offences we committee

Vitruvian Man
25/11/2005, 6:22 PM

Suggesting Bray Wanderers, Bray stewards, Gardaí do all the work before Bohemians step in, is asking for all away fans to treated like cattle because the home club doesn't trust them.

I prefer self-segregation at games rather than the enforced segregation being adopted by some clubs at present. Expecting the home representatives to make all the effort in stewarding is asking for away fans to be treated badly.

Totally disagree with you Harpo.
It is incumbant on the home team to provide adequate security measures. You can't legislate for random toerags but everybody knows Brays stewarding is among the most non-existant in the league they are lucky to escape the fine they deserved for skimping on the security. The increased security costs are more than offset by the fact that the visit of Bohs must be one of the (if not "the") biggest gates Bray get in the season. Bray have no excuse.

The Bohs posters are only responding to Roo69's disgust that a €1000 fine (despite being the away team and not responsible for security) is too lenient. What do you want - an official beheading of some random Bohs club official. That is a massive fine in EL terms and we'll have to "take our oil" as Derry fans like to say. But to suggest that it is lenient is ridiculous.

PS
I'd say the recent Bohs V Shels will break the record for amount of fines handed out with both clubs getting whacked hard. It's ironic that the record was probably set at the last Bohs Vrs Shels game.

bohs til i die
25/11/2005, 6:58 PM

what a load of horsesh1t.

No matter what the situation, there will always be an idiot somewhere who does something that cannot be stopped. There is always an idiot who will throw something and fining away clubs for the actions of an individual is a nonsense

The incident in Bray is a matter for Bray's security and the Gardai. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bohemian FC. The linesman was struck by something, which is basically assault. Bohemian FC are a football club, so any course of action should not involve them.

Bohemian FC are not responsible for anything that happens outside of their own stadium, and have no jurisdiction beyond the walls of Dalymount.

Battery Rover
25/11/2005, 9:14 PM
Athlone Town were fined €100 for the improper conduct of their players (5 players carded) v Sligo Rovers (12.11.05).

And all the ref wanted to do was raise his arm every tackle. Joke decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpskid

I know I had a few beers but what flares? As the Sligo lads say. Its a joke decision.

goattail
25/11/2005, 10:17 PM
The only people who should be fined and booted out of Irish football are all the f@#king retards at in Merrion square.

Maynard
26/11/2005, 1:08 PM
We got fined 200 blips a piece for the falers at Dalyer on Tuesday night...F@cking jokers

HarpoJoyce
26/11/2005, 1:44 PM

No matter what the situation, there will always be an idiot somewhere who does something that cannot be stopped. There is always an idiot who will throw something and fining away clubs for the actions of an individual is a nonsense

The incident in Bray is a matter for Bray's security and the Gardai. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bohemian FC. The linesman was struck by something, which is basically assault. Bohemian FC are a football club, so any course of action should not involve them.

Bohemian FC are not responsible for anything that happens outside of their own stadium, and have no jurisdiction beyond the walls of Dalymount.

This attitude isn't good enough. There is not "always an idiot somewhere" "who cannot be stopped". Its up to fans themselves to police it.

Its not a good enough arguement to blaim the home club, when there is a repeat problem among the away fans. This particular incident is, very much, a probelm for Bohemians. At present some Bohs posters want Bray to jump through hoops before Bohs can do anything.

Fans will lose the trust of clubs if we continue to stick our heads in the sand and protest the actions of fans is nothing to do with us.

HarpoJoyce
26/11/2005, 1:44 PM

This attitude isn't good enough. There is not "always an idiot somewhere" "who cannot be stopped". Its up to fans themselves to police it.

Its not a good enough arguement to blaim the home club, when there is a repeat problem among the away fans. This particular incident is, very much, a probelm for Bohemians. At present some Bohs posters want Bray to jump through hoops before Bohs can do anything.

Fans will lose the trust of clubs if we continue to stick our heads in the sand and protest the actions of fans is nothing to do with us.

Speranza
26/11/2005, 2:10 PM
If security is crap at Bray then it was crap for everyone but it was only Bohs who were fined for the actions of their supporters. Stop blaming everyone else and sort out your scum.

Vitruvian Man
26/11/2005, 2:12 PM
I’m going to disagree with you Harpo and with BTID as well.

Much as it pains me to say it but punitive fines for fans misbehaviour is the correct tactic from the FAI. Bohs cannot afford these fines and eventually the financial pressure will force the club to do something about the recent downturn in our fans behaviour. BTID saying it was the home teams fault is just looking for a legal loophole – it was quite clearly Bohs fans who threw the stuff onto the pitch. Once the rules are applied in an even-handed manner, than we cannot complain. So I would expect Shelbourne and Bohemians both to get severe fines, for throwing missiles and pitch invasions by Bohs fans, and lighting flares plus throwing fireworks into the pitch by Shels fans. I’m not sure how far we can trust the FAI to be even handed here though.

But typically for the FAIlure their policy is not well thought out or applied. Bray were in dereliction of their duty of care to the spectators and officials of the match by having inadequate security at the game. Was the missile thrower singled out by the stewards and ejected from the game or charged by Gardai – No, and the reason why is that there were only about 3 or 4 stewards on that side of the ground. This is quite common in smaller provincial clubs who would much rather take the lovely profit from a large away support than live up to their security responsibilities. A large fine for Bray (€1000) would soften their cough and make them do it right next time.

Your argument Harpo is completely invalid and is, contrary to what you might think, - a cop out. It is not the ordinary fans responsibility to police the actions of his fellow fan. The structures, personnel and tactics of adequately controlling a crowd are well known and are effective but they just aren’t being applied. If the Gardai had arrived looking to eject the missile thrower and charge him with assault then I am quite certain that Bohs fans would have pointed out the culprit to them – but it didn’t happen. If you are expecting the Bohs fans to throw the guy out themselves you are away in cuckoo land.

HarpoJoyce
26/11/2005, 2:30 PM
I do agree that the current rash of fines is making everyone pause for thought.

I don't except fans to eject other fans from an area but it is possible for fans to identify troublemakers to their own clubs.

Poor Student
26/11/2005, 2:37 PM
I think both sides of this argument have a point. Harpo is right to an extend. It's up to a club's group of supporters to behave within some reason of good behaviour and for the group as a whole to set a standard and make people toe the line. However stewarding in Bray is poor and extremely amateur. They all appear to be headless chickens who are just fans in yellow bibs.

BohDiddley
26/11/2005, 4:19 PM

There is no defence for the actions of Bohs fans who threw missiles at Bray and at Dalymount v. Shels. They are imbeciles and thugs that we can do without. How the club gets rid of them precisely I just don't know. We can use CCTV in Dalymount, ID them and ban them, I suppose. Most fans at the last incident wanted them out, and security wanted to get them out, but the guards ordered them not to intervene. A great opportunity wasted.
While nothing excuse the behaviour of these loser, BW are far from blameless. Given previous incidents with this minority parasitic element that attaches itself to genuine Bohs support, the level of security at Bray was laughable -- and I thought that before anything happened there. Not a good one for the club to get up on their high horse about.
BTW, I saw no bottle -- it seemed to me to be a coin.
Similarly, at one of the most atrociously reffed games of football I have seen anywhere, Joxer got sent off yet again. Big surprise. I saw the incident and I still don't know why he got red. He spat at no one.

ThatGuy
26/11/2005, 5:32 PM
The FAI are right to fine Bohs and any club whose supporters act like thugs.

bohs til i die
26/11/2005, 7:16 PM

so how do Bohs stop it then?

Did Bray identify the culprit?
Do they have CCTV fooage?
Did the Stewards see it?

One idiot out of 2000 throwing a missile is impossible for the away club to prevent.

Bohs got fined because ONE person did something idiotic. Thats not Bohs fans behaving like thugs

pineapple stu
26/11/2005, 9:32 PM
so how do Bohs stop it then?

Did Bray identify the culprit?
Do they have CCTV fooage?
Did the Stewards see it?

One idiot out of 2000 throwing a missile is impossible for the away club to prevent.

Bohs got fined because ONE person did something idiotic. That's not Bohs fans behaving like thugs
How do Bray stop it either? UCD got fined there recently for inadequate stewarding against Bohs - one person threw a till roll and some people sang a song. The stewards aren't going to be able to pick that one person out of the crowd and eject them - realistically, if everyone's standing up (as is usually the case), all you see is a hand. What can you do? We tried reporting the incident to the league and let them pass it onto Bohs, but we got fined for doing that!
The fines are the right idea, but they're being implemented in about the most stupid way possible - no consistency, fines for things you simply can't do anything about (people singing songs?!) fines for things you shouldn't be fining (banners?! I'll argue flares should be allowed to - the only dangerous thing that appears to happen with them is when stewards start diving into the middle of a group of people and the flare gets passed along the line away from the stewards).
If the incident is for something you can't expect the stewards to do anything about but they do at least report it - e.g. one person throwing something - the fan's club should be fined and the club should be encouraged to start a drive to stamp the kind of behaviour out. If it's for something the stewards do have control over - e.g. pitch invasions during a game (incidentally, fining teams for pitch invasions after a game is surely stupid too?), then fine both teams.
That's a very rough idea - maybe not even practical - but at least it's fairer than the current system, which is pretty much random.

feo123
26/11/2005, 10:05 PM
One small purple flare was let off just after the final whistle.....E500 for that is an absolute disgrace!! i wouldnt mind if it was thron at someone, but it was just thrown in front of the shed and it wasnt near anyone! Was there anything given to us for the pitch invasion after the match? the club said before the game that if we invaded the pitch the club would get a fine!!
Who hands out the fines anyway? is it the referees assesor that says what happened? they should go'way and get a life! ya cant't do f*****g anything nowadays!!

harpskid
27/11/2005, 1:48 AM
Who hands out the fines anyway? is it the referees assesor that says what happened? they should go'way and get a life! ya cant't do f*****g anything nowadays!!

It's the disciplinary committee that dishes out the fines. AFAIK I know and incident (flare lighting etc) has to be included in the referee's/match delegate's report before the committee 'investigates'

Will check this out for def later on!

These fines are becomming a joke though!

Conor H
27/11/2005, 9:24 AM
Wasn't there talk of the permitting of flares at grounds.:confused:
It really adds to the atmosphere.

LukeO
27/11/2005, 6:03 PM

FFS! The "bohs" fan who threw the bottle (although I think it was a coin) that hit the linesman is scum and should be banned for life. But it was clear that it was going to boil over for quite some time, but Bray had ONE steward in fron of the Bohs fans who had his back turned to them as he was watching the ****ing game. Stewards aren't there to watch the game!!! I saw a Bohs fan pointing it out to him that it was going to get out of hand, he just shrugged his shoulders. And when Bohs fans leaned over the wall to shout/spit at the linesman, he did NOTHING to try and stop them. I'm ashamed that these people are associated with my club, but Bray to cop the **** on and realise they no longer a first division side (unfortunately) and start acting like a Premier one - amateurs. Bray should have been fined for inadequate stewarding. :mad:

thejollyrodger
27/11/2005, 7:44 PM
Im all for the fines... they may be small but at least the clubs are getting them and people know that someone is in charge...

it should stop the more serious stuff too if clubs know that they are getting fines for smaller offences.

I think flares are class though.

feo123
27/11/2005, 8:06 PM
Is there a person from the disciplinary commitee at all matches so??

Wiseguy
28/11/2005, 3:41 PM
I think some of the fines are a complete joke.Most referees in the EL are sh1t so fining a club for it's players being booked is a joke.
IMO Flares should be mandatory at all EL matches.They help create an Atmosphere and can also help disguise the fact the there is a small crowd at the match.
As for Bray stewards being responsible for the actions of Bohs fans,well that's just crap.It's rediculous that some away fans need to have babysitters to behave themselves and without supervision they take it upon themselves to act the fcuk.If these fans can't behave themselves then it should be up to the away club to provide the extra security required to Police these troublemakers and bear the brunt of the extra cost required to do this.Maybe then they might take some action and weed out these thugs.

monkey magic
28/11/2005, 11:38 PM
flares and the like when used properly can contribute to an athmosphere, provided there kept away from the playing area and not directed at anyone.. realistically tho its virtually impossible to police the use of them and thats why there banned.

im just wondering how much will rovers get fined for their ultras display before the waterford match?

Student Mullet
28/11/2005, 11:48 PM
Part of the problem with the flares is that when Bohs organised them properly, with sand buckets and away from the crowd they got fined even more than usual.