PDA

View Full Version : Live matches this season

pineapple stu
25/11/2005, 9:58 AM
This (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=395515&postcount=26) post about how many live matches have been on this season got me thinking - 40 is being mentioned, but how many were actually shown? I'm sure we can work out a list...

Can start with 9 matches in the Setanta Cup
Bohs v. UCD
UCD v. Derry (League Cup Final)
Both FAI Cup semis
FAI Cup final
Dundalk - Drogs (Cup)
Derry - Rovers (FAI Cup)
Dublin City - Shamrock Rovers (Play-off)
Shels v Glens (CL x 2)
Shels v Steaua (CL x 2)
Cork v Djurgarden (UEFA x 1)
Cork v Slavia (UEFA x 2)
Cork v Sligo (FAI Cup)

That's 25. Anyone able to add more (especially the league games?)

Krstic
25/11/2005, 10:04 AM
Shels v Derry (cup)
Derry v St Pats (lge)

Rovers v Derry (lge)
St Pats v Derry (lge)

I know there's a few more involving Derry, but I canny think:ball:

noby
25/11/2005, 10:08 AM
I was thinking about this the other day, but was too lazy to do anything.
Didn't each station say 'x amount of games, at least'

btw Longford v Blues (league)

Dodge
25/11/2005, 10:13 AM
Pats v Bohs
Rovers v Pats
Pats v Drogs (delayed on Setanta)
Pats v Shels

bigmac
25/11/2005, 10:15 AM
shels v cork

holidaysong
25/11/2005, 10:18 AM
Derry vs. Cork
Cork vs. Derry

both in the league.

tiktok
25/11/2005, 10:28 AM
Cork -v- Bray (TG4)
Cork -v- Shels (RTE)

in the league

pete
25/11/2005, 10:42 AM
Setanta Cup 10
Cork City v Shels
Cork City v Portadown
Shels v Portadown
Shels v Cork City
Portadown v Cork City
Portadown v Shels
Longford v Linfield
Linfield v Glentoran
Glentoran v Longford
Shels v Linfield

League Cup 1
UCD v. Derry (League Cup Final) Setanta

Europe 7
Glentorna v Shels RTE
Shels v Glentoran RTE
Shels v Steaua RTE
Steaua v Shels RTE
Cork City v Djurgarden RTE
Slavia Prague v Cork City RTE
Cork City v Slavia RTE

FAI Cup 7
Shels v Derry TG4
Cork v Sligo 1/4 final TG4
Dundalk v Drogs 1/4 final TG4
Derry - Rovers 1/4 final TG4
Cork v Derry semis RTE
Drogs v Bray semi RTE
Cork City v Drogs final RTE

League 15-16 (not sure if should include delayed)
Bohs v Rovers RTE (1st week)
Bohs v. UCD TG4/Setanta?
Rovers v Derry Setanta/TG4?
St Pats v Derry RTE
Longford v Waterford TG4
Pats v Bohs Setanta?
Rovers v Pats Setanta?
Pats v Drogs (delayed on Setanta)
Pats v Shels TG4/Setanta?
Derry v Cork RTE
Bohs v Drogs TG4?
Cork v Bray TG4
Cork v Shels Setanta
Derry v St Pats RTE
Cork v Derry RTE
Dublin City - Shamrock Rovers (Play-off) Setanta

Looking at rough total of 34 there...

holidaysong
25/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Dundalk - Drogs (Cup) TG4?

Yeah, that was TG4.

Dodge
25/11/2005, 11:06 AM
The deal was for 29 league/FAI cup games if memory serves me right....

Tenderloins
25/11/2005, 11:08 AM
If that all the matches then this is the amount of times each team has been on.
Cork and Shels had both Setanta and European games shown, Longford had two Setanta games shown.
Some teams did well out of it (assuming being live on TV is a money earner for the clubs) Whilst Waterford,Bray, Longford and UCD got a bit of a raw deal.
Were the league to become more popular as a TV spectacle and more TV money came in, League games would have to be divided up on a fairer basis.

Cork 14*
Shels 12
Derry 8
St Pats 6
Shamrock Rovers 5
Drogs 5*
Bohs 4
Longford 3
Bray 2
UCD 2
Waterford 1
Dublin City 1
Dundalk 1
Sligo 1

* There could also be a cup replay

mandrake
25/11/2005, 11:08 AM
did tg4 show a longford v bray 3-0 . during the summer, i rememebr there was loads of better pairings but they showed bogford v devlin

pete
25/11/2005, 11:10 AM
The deal was for 29 league/FAI cup games if memory serves me right....

I think the total was 40 which included 10 Setanta Cup games, 7 FAI Cup? as 10 League games on Setanta including 5 delayed...?

I don't think European games are included as unknown games at start of the season.

I think this year has been big improvement with huge increase in games & teams more confident on live as tv as more used to now. However i think the notice of game changes or live announcements wasn't the best at times & needs to be fairer spread of matches.

Roo69
25/11/2005, 11:12 AM
did tg4 show a longford v bray 3-0 . during the summer, i rememebr there was loads of better pairings but they showed bogford v devlin

Nope, your thinking of a different match, none of the Longford Vs. Bray matches were showen live and they never beat us 3-0 last season either...

ColinR
25/11/2005, 11:16 AM
* There could also be a cup replay

sligthly off topic - but there's no replay - et and penalties if we need them ;)

Troy.McClure
25/11/2005, 11:25 AM
Some teams did well out of it (assuming being live on TV is a money earner for the clubs)

The home club get compinsated €5000 for loss of gate, thats all they earn per game.

OneRedArmy
25/11/2005, 12:27 PM
Some teams did well out of it (assuming being live on TV is a money earner for the clubs) Whilst Waterford,Bray, Longford and UCD got a bit of a raw deal.
Were the league to become more popular as a TV spectacle and more TV money came in, League games would have to be divided up on a fairer basis.

Why? Big clubs playing good football will always attract more viewers and therefore are more attractive to advertisers.

By all means insist each team is shown once a season and maybe spread the revenue around a bit, but the focus on televising the top teams should continue. Thats the way it is in most other leagues and we have a tough enough tasking trying to lure people away from foreign Leagues without subjecting them to Longford every couple of weeks.

Juz the Hoop
25/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Rovers Live Games

18th March v Bohs (RTE)
17th June v Shels (Setanta)
15th July v Derry (Setanta)
5th August v Pats (TG4)
23rd September v Derry (TG4)
25th November v Dublin City (Setanta)

KOH

JUZ

bigmac
25/11/2005, 1:08 PM
Pete, are those games listed in the proper home/away order?
It'd be interesting to see which clubs got money from the TV deal this year, I know Waterford got SFA, (don't think Harps got anything either), and I'd be a little concerned at the concentration of money with the big teams - I accept the point about showing the good games, but IMO the revenue should be spread around a bit more - at the very least some moeny for the away team as well.

Also, the issue of which games to show needs to be addressed. Waterford had 3 action-packed draws with Cork and yet the only game shown with us was away to Longford :rolleyes: - is there anybody out there who'd expect that one to be a cracker?

mandrake
25/11/2005, 1:21 PM
Nope, your thinking of a different match, none of the Longford Vs. Bray matches were showen live and they never beat us 3-0 last season either...
mustve been the waterford game then...sorry...

pete
25/11/2005, 1:57 PM
I tried to list FAI cup games in order but aside from 1st match & last 3 in league others are in no particular order.

Longford v Waterford was bizarre choice in the middle of the season whereas Waterford v Cork City in the last few weeks would have been great choice considering massive crowd. However the RSC looks crap on tv.

noby
25/11/2005, 2:08 PM
I tried to list FAI cup games in order but aside from 1st match & last 3 in league others are in no particular order.

Longford v Waterford was bizarre choice in the middle of the season whereas Waterford v Cork City in the last few weeks would have been great choice considering massive crowd. However the RSC looks crap on tv.
Rovers v Waterford two weeks ago would have been better still. The Longford one was a strange choice alright.

derrymac
25/11/2005, 7:46 PM
bohs vs derry (3rd round of league games) was also on tv. tg4 i think

ccfcgirl
25/11/2005, 10:39 PM
Was tonights match Shamrock Rovers vs Dublin City on setanta?

Maz
26/11/2005, 6:28 AM
Was tonights match Shamrock Rovers vs Dublin City on setanta?
It was indeed