PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rea let go

Risteard
25/11/2005, 8:33 AM
On Radio 1 there while ago.
Being flaed over if you ask me.
While i doubt Waterford would have survived without the Dolanster, there's no question Rea would have their interests at heart.
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=230604&postcount=84

noby
25/11/2005, 9:02 AM
Not offered a contract as manager. Some sort of coaching role not ruled out, apparantley.
Rumour has it that Scully was approached, but he's waiting for the Rovers job.

Oh, and Dolan is gone btw.

Dodge
25/11/2005, 9:02 AM
Was rea in cahrge when they drew in Cork? Seems to have been shafted a bit.

Risteard
25/11/2005, 9:07 AM
Oh, and Dolan is gone btw.
Gone as in his contract is up?
Or is he defo finished at Waterford?

I can see it now.
"I'm glad to be taking on this role at Oirelands most prestigious club, the SuperMons. The best bunch of fans in the league."

noby
25/11/2005, 9:31 AM
Was rea in cahrge when they drew in Cork? Seems to have been shafted a bit.
Shafted why? because he drew with Cork?
What about the hidings we got off Longford and Shels?

He came in to do a job when we were stuck. Fair play to him. I still believe he can offer the club a lot. But obviously the club have decided they've a better chance of getting a manager with more experience now.

Dodge
25/11/2005, 9:46 AM
Sorry the first bit was just me asking a question. Didn't think it'd look the way it does.

If he was only on a contract until now then fair enough. Just seemed like he was doing a decent job.

noby
25/11/2005, 10:02 AM
He was there for a bit before Dolan arrived. The results instantly kicked in on Dolan's arrival, so he'll get a lot of the praise, but I'm sure Rea had them working in the right direction.
I assume the thinking is, after Rennie and Rea, the time has come to find someone with some league management experience.
As I said earlier, I'm sure he could be useful in a coaching capacity, but I guess that's up to the new manager, whoever that might be.

Risteard, Dolan's "contract" was to the end of the season. Keeping him on as manager was never a realistic option, money-wise. He deserves a lot of praise for 'advising us to safety', but, like batman, he's needed elsewhere. (super-drogs anyone?)

Risteard
25/11/2005, 10:08 AM
Risteard, Dolan's "contract" was to the end of the season. Keeping him on as manager was never a realistic option, money-wise. He deserves a lot of praise for 'advising us to safety', but, like batman, he's needed elsewhere. (super-drogs anyone?)
Thats good for all involved.
The situation was perfect for him and he delivered the goods in fairness along with Rea. A bit of consolidation required now i suppose for ye, steady the ship an' all.
Bring back McGeough.

noby
25/11/2005, 10:12 AM
Bring back McGeough.

Don't you start.

Bring back Lynch!

paudie
25/11/2005, 10:22 AM
What's the situation with the board in Waterford?

When I was down there for the City game I heard there was only one director. Will this be sorted out before the start of next season?

I thought ye might be a target for a Dolan/Wallace takeover giving Pat the total club control he seems to want