PDA

View Full Version : Dunphy on Joe Duffy show

joeSoap
24/11/2005, 12:13 PM
Just heard he's gonna be on Joe Duffy today...should be a giggle.

joeSoap
24/11/2005, 12:42 PM
Apparently this guy Liddle from the Times(the hack Dunphy said was a disgrace who left his wife and kids to shack up with a young wan) is on it also. Should be good !!

anto1208
24/11/2005, 12:44 PM
they are playing the rant now

joeSoap
24/11/2005, 12:48 PM
What a rant...pure class. What a guy!!:D :D

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 12:53 PM
Eamonn has just said his comments about Liddles personal life were "totally out of order".

Liddle accepted that gracefully enough. bit of a mutual coksuking exercise going on now.

klein4
24/11/2005, 12:53 PM
most patronising ah arent the irish lucky to be at world cups spiel from liddle just there....

tetsujin1979
24/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Liddle said Dunphy was a hero of his as a young Millwall fan, and it was an honour to speak to him.

deadman
24/11/2005, 1:03 PM
what a big love in

makes dunphy's show last night look like a big act

OwlsFan
24/11/2005, 1:04 PM
That is so typical of Dunphy when directly confronted by someone whom he has offended or criticised, he goes all chicken livered. Pathetic :rolleyes:

jockser
24/11/2005, 1:04 PM
so what were the rants? were there any?

klein4
24/11/2005, 1:06 PM
dunphy has no shame....for starters he called the guy by the wrong name...and then he said he was a top class journalist....who i assume wrote gutter journalism for the fun of it...another thing about the Liddle guy, he came accross as a lot more reasonable than he does in his pieces. and his accent seemed to became a little more working class by the end of the interview:)

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 1:20 PM
Show has now moved onto the emerging sad news of George Bests imminent demise and is excruciating in fingernails on blackboard unlistenableness.

What started with Georgie Georgie the Belfast Boy moved onto better than Pelé and has touched on the evils of britain bringing in 24 hour drinking.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm looking down my nose at Joe Publics sentimentality but it's train wreck radio. Switching off now.

Glapots
24/11/2005, 2:06 PM
Show has now moved onto the emerging sad news of George Bests imminent demise and is excruciating in fingernails on blackboard unlistenableness.

What started with Georgie Georgie the Belfast Boy moved onto better than Pelé and has touched on the evils of britain bringing in 24 hour drinking.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm looking down my nose at Joe Publics sentimentality but it's train wreck radio. Switching off now.

You're dead right. Somebeody please find me a safe country free from a media driven public who speak drivel abot the most stupid topics ever.

There's a surprise, Ken Doherty's on now. Jesus! Bertie will be on next

Jerry The Saint
24/11/2005, 2:26 PM
dunphy has no shame....for starters he called the guy by the wrong name...and then he said he was a top class journalist....who i assume wrote gutter journalism for the fun of it...another thing about the Liddle guy, he came accross as a lot more reasonable than he does in his pieces. and his accent seemed to became a little more working class by the end of the interview:)

The man does so man U-turns it's unreal (McCarthy is crap/great/crap; Kerr is unqualified/best manager we've ever had/out of his depth; even Pat Kenny changed from being an arsehole to a "consummate professional" when he invited Eamo on to plug something or other).

I'm just wondering what it would take for him to turn on Roy Keane - Keano getting someone else (Cathal Dervan;) ) to write Volume II of his autobiography?:)

hoops1
25/11/2005, 2:03 PM
At this stage even Dunphy doesnt believe what he says anymore
one thing he does say and believe
"Its just showbusiness baby"

Noelys Guitar
25/11/2005, 7:47 PM
Dunphy is now a caricature of himself! The toadying up after the initial attack is par for the course now with Eamo. Get ready for the Quinn interview.

Macy
28/11/2005, 11:17 AM
I thought it took more balls to apologise - plenty of people would've hung up (especially as it was clear that Joe Duffy had him on under the pretense of talking about George Best). He can't win really...

Jerry The Saint
28/11/2005, 6:01 PM
I thought it took more balls to apologise - plenty of people would've hung up (especially as it was clear that Joe Duffy had him on under the pretense of talking about George Best). He can't win really...

Well he could have held back on the insane hypocrisy (given his own background) and not made the comment in the first place! :eek:

thejollyrodger
28/11/2005, 7:57 PM
Does anyone think Dunphy is just starting up becaue his listener figures are down and he is having a go at absolutely anything ?

Personally i dont think he has had a lot to say since Roy Keane. And even further back when the FAI + irish soccer used to be really really childish.

NeilMcD
29/11/2005, 5:22 PM
I did not hear the Joe Duffy show but I just saw the bit on RTE champions Leauge Coverage and he nailed Brady a few times with facts. Brady is so anti Keane it is unreal. Whereas Dunphy is so pro Keane. As a result you have Giles in the middle with the rational comments. However Dunphy made for great television on it, and he was right, Quinn is a creep and an Idiot and the liddle guy is hardly one to be calling someobody a thug.

Dunphy caught Brady out with the facts about the contract at Nottingham Forest. I actually thought it was one of his best performances. Sure beats Ally and Andy on ITV.

thejollyrodger
29/11/2005, 5:53 PM
dont get me started with that circus on ITV .

OwlsFan
01/12/2005, 4:16 PM
I did not hear the Joe Duffy show but I just saw the bit on RTE champions Leauge Coverage and he nailed Brady a few times with facts. Brady is so anti Keane it is unreal. Whereas Dunphy is so pro Keane. As a result you have Giles in the middle with the rational comments. However Dunphy made for great television on it, and he was right, Quinn is a creep and an Idiot and the liddle guy is hardly one to be calling someobody a thug.

Dunphy caught Brady out with the facts about the contract at Nottingham Forest. I actually thought it was one of his best performances. Sure beats Ally and Andy on ITV.

I don't agree that Brady is totally anti-Keane. Rather perversely he proposed him as the next Irish manager :eek: . He is against his Saipan performance which a large number of Irish people are also against. Why is Liddle a thug ? Who's knee did he deliberately try and destroy and then sneer over them ?

I can't remember the Nottingham Forest contract - what was that about ?

"Creep and idiot" for Niall Quinn - 1 nil to the pot over the kettle there. Other than that ridiculous "let's be friends" hand shake with Keane at the Sunderland game, what has Quinn done to deserve this odium ?

NeilMcD
01/12/2005, 4:23 PM
Its all to do with personalities I suppose, I would prefer Roy Keane to Niall Quinn, that cant be proved its just personal taste.

Why cant you remember the Nottingham Forest bit is that because It does not suit you. Brady interrupted Dunphy to say that he had his facts wrong about a clause in Keanes Contract at Nottingham Forest. This was after he had made personal insults to Dunphy. He said dont argue if you have not got your facts right. Dunphy then explained the cluase in his contract allowed him to go for a million if they got relegated and he was still their best player that season. Brady said if he had the clause he woudl have went for a million and Dunphy said now because there was then a bidding war between Blackburn and Utd.

Dunphy is a fool but makes for good television and he is rich out of causing controversey.

Brady is a bitter ex footballer who is anti Keane and Man Utd. Him proposing Keane as manager is not out of love for Keane as when he said it he said that maybe he would see what life is like on the other foot and that he deserves the FAI now as he has caused the mess in the FAI.

geysir
01/12/2005, 9:09 PM
There is lot more serious stuff which happened to Liam during his playing career that he could be bitter about yet I don't hear a trace of it when I hear him talk about it. I have found his opinions about certain aspects of Roy as team captain to be rational, he is consistent about these things and very clear about the duty of an Irish team captain.

Lionel Ritchie
02/12/2005, 8:37 AM
Amen to that Geysir.

I didn't see this exchange but Dunphy, for all his abilities to reach the kernel of a matter at times, doesn't "tolerate" any evaluation of Roy Keane that doesn't conclude that when Roy farts the room fills with scent of Petulia.

I presume the Nottingham Forest thing had something to do with questioning Roys loyalty.

OwlsFan
02/12/2005, 8:58 AM
Why cant you remember the Nottingham Forest bit is that because It does not suit you. Brady is a bitter ex footballer who is anti Keane and Man Utd.

The reason I can't remember it is because I didn't see the whole argument because, as I mentioned either here or some other thread, the wife switched over to Corrie:eek: when the whole thing was kicking off. So your personal attack is unwarranted.

Do you remember Brady being anti-Keane before Saipan ? I certainly don't. He is just reflecting what many football people think about Keane post Saipan (for me post Iran play-off).

And why would he be bitter - the only Irish player successfully to play in the hardest league in the world (Italy) and he's not short of a medal or two, one being an FA CUp medal if I remember it correctly when Arsenal beat Man U in that classic comeback. Why would one of the all time Irish greats be bitter ?

Dodge
02/12/2005, 9:23 AM
Brady isn't pro or anti anybody. He's just a damn good analyst

klein4
02/12/2005, 8:41 PM
brady was on the eamon dunphy radio show one time reviewing the italy v korea WC2002 match when they were knocked out and he said he hadnt seen it but his wife told him all about it and then he proceeded to say in detail what the italians had done wrong.
maybe mrs brady should be on the telly instead.

geysir
02/12/2005, 9:25 PM
i'd say that was a furthur testament to Liam's class, the choice he made in selecting the woman who he would share the same house with. How many of us would even dream of having a conversation about football with our partner never mind blindly trusting in their observations about a football match. Its surreal.

klein4
03/12/2005, 9:57 AM
I think he said something along the lines of "my wife told me about it and her judgement is usually spot on in these things"

Karlos
04/12/2005, 2:31 PM
Brady's missus was probably more accurate with her report than some of Eamo's barstool sources in Lilly's or Renards!!!! :D :)

We'd have to be lunatics to believe Eamo has seen everything he comments on!!! :)

klein4
05/12/2005, 6:56 PM
well if she ever wants to retire from the postion as mrs brady there is a few on here who would be more than willing to take her place;)