PDA

View Full Version : Possible Signings

Roo69
24/11/2005, 11:03 AM
Seen in the Bray People yesterday that they have us linked with Robbie Doyle, Stephen Gough, Danny O'Connor and John Frost.

All would be great signings for the club - Robbie up front with Zayed, O'Connor at centre half with Jody Lynch or Weso, Frost at left back allowing pip to go into the middle of the park. Signing these players would really strenghten us and defo give us the quality to push the likes of Bohs and Longford.

EnDai
24/11/2005, 11:06 AM
They'd be fantastic, could Bray afford them all though?

Pkus, I'd want to see Frost at Shels! :)

KR's Post
24/11/2005, 11:45 AM
Seen in the Bray People yesterday that they have us linked with Robbie Doyle, Stephen Gough, Danny O'Connor and John Frost.

All would be great signings for the club - Robbie up front with Zayed, O'Connor at centre half with Jody Lynch or Weso, Frost at left back allowing pip to go into the middle of the park. Signing these players would really strenghten us and defo give us the quality to push the likes of Bohs and Longford.

Yes but somehow i don't see some of them happening!!! Frost is to good for Bray.. Danny maybe would sign, but he has had problems with Devo in the past! Gougher would be a good signing also, don't know where he'd fit in! As much as i want to see Robbie D back at the club i just think him and eamo are to alike. Just like Crowe and Jayo at Shels. But I hope Robbie considers it. Maybe play him or Eamo on the right side of midfield! Just a thought.

Will we be signing McGovren back? what is the story with Caffo and Kevin O Brien, have we got them permantly? I Never heard!

Roo69
24/11/2005, 11:51 AM
They'd be fantastic, could Bray afford them all though?

Pkus, I'd want to see Frost at Shels! :)

Yeah i reckon we could, we have had a pretty good season with a very healthy income compared to the 2 seasons before. With players leaving and loan signings going back to there clubs it should free up a good bit of money for new signings.

If the club wants to move forward these are the type and quality of players that we need to sign, The BP also mentioned that we are trying to sign Tyrrell and are awaiting developments from Shels......

Robbie and Eamon are nothing alike as players Tarzan1 !!!!! 2 totally different styles. Eamo is a poacher/goal scorer, Robbie does all the donkey work, tracking back, holding up etc...... i think they would compliment eachother very well.

As much as i would like to see Frost sign for Bray i could'nt see it happening...... but ya never know.

Dodge
24/11/2005, 11:55 AM
Frost has a year left on his Pats contract. I think I'd cry if he left...

EnDai
24/11/2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah i reckon we could, we have had a pretty good season with a very healthy income compared to the 2 seasons before. With players leaving and loan signings going back to there clubs it should free up a good bit of money for new signings.

If the club wants to move forward these are the type and quality of players that we need to sign, The BP also mentioned that we are trying to sign Tyrrell and are awaiting developments from Shels......

Robbie and Eamon are nothing alike as players Tarzan1 !!!!! 2 totally different styles. Eamo is a poacher/goal scorer, Robbie does all the donkey work, tracking back, holding up etc...... i think they would compliment eachother very well.

As much as i would like to see Frost sign for Bray i could'nt see it happening...... but ya never know.

Would be great for ye, even one or two of them would make a difference.

I'm nearly 100000000% certain Tyrrell was being offered a full-time pro contract at Shels.

Hulsey
24/11/2005, 12:18 PM
If we had Robbie D & Eamo up front, we would lack height & concidering that Bray tend to play a long ball game don't reckon it would work out. Either with a big man up top would be fantastic. Imo we should try sign Quigley off Ucd. Best young keeper in the league by far.

KR's Post
24/11/2005, 12:40 PM

Oops sorry... I thought they were alike. Pace, strength, goalscoring! Although Robbie does do alot of the fore mentioned by you Roo! Is he coming on friday by any chance?

Roo69
24/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Oops sorry... I thought they were alike. Pace, strength, goalscoring! Although Robbie does do alot of the fore mentioned by you Roo! Is he coming on friday by any chance?

;) Nah, he's on holidays at the mo so he wont be able to make it, wont be able to make it myself either :mad:

Roo69
24/11/2005, 12:45 PM
If we had Robbie D & Eamo up front, we would lack height & concidering that Bray tend to play a long ball game don't reckon it would work out. Either with a big man up top would be fantastic. Imo we should try sign Quigley off Ucd. Best young keeper in the league by far.

Yeah good point but he played a lot of the season with Foxy in Midfeild, with Eamo, Franco and Tarzy up front. Maybe if we brought a few of the mentioned players in we could pass the ball a bit better, at the moment we dont have the quality to play through teams...... I'd much prefer Murphy off Rovers, class act and a better chance of siging him if Rovers go down

KR's Post
24/11/2005, 12:45 PM
;) Nah, he's on holidays at the mo so he wont be able to make it, wont be able to make it myself either :mad:

Will ya not? Ah Roo... The minute the meal is over i'll be straight into the Bar to watch the end of Shamrock Rovers. I'd Say Jack isn't to happy that they are going, revenue wise!

Roo69
24/11/2005, 12:54 PM
Will ya not? Ah Roo... The minute the meal is over i'll be straight into the Bar to watch the end of Shamrock Rovers. I'd Say Jack isn't to happy that they are going, revenue wise!

Nah Family thingy in town i HAVE to go to......

Hulsey
24/11/2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah good point but he played a lot of the season with Foxy in Midfeild, with Eamo, Franco and Tarzy up front. Maybe if we brought a few of the mentioned players in we could pass the ball a bit better, at the moment we dont have the quality to play through teams...... I'd much prefer Murphy off Rovers, class act and a better chance of siging him if Rovers go down
Imo Pat Hannigan should get a prolonged run in the side. Looked good against harps and was brill for the U-21s every time called upon. With Caffo in the side we have an outlet that can play a bit. Any idea if we've got him for next year

Roo69
24/11/2005, 1:26 PM
Imo Pat Hannigan should get a prolonged run in the side. Looked good against harps and was brill for the U-21s every time called upon. With Caffo in the side we have an outlet that can play a bit. Any idea if we've got him for next year

Well Hannigan is gone back to the states for the time being, fingers crossed we bring him back for next season cause he's a very good keeper ! he played 2 games and we got 6 points, cant complain with that. I've seen him on numerous occasions this season and he defo deserves an extended run in the 1st team.

As far as i know Cafo was released from Rovers and we signed him until the end of the season, again he's defo the type of player we need in the side, someone who can get the ball down and play a bit..... hopefully we re-sign him as well.

superfrank
24/11/2005, 1:46 PM
I think we should sign Kupono Low. He's a great left back, Sligo are releasing him and if we had him Pip could go up to left wing and we wouldn't miss Tyrell as much.

Hulsey
24/11/2005, 3:24 PM
We won't miss Tyrell anyway. Very overrated as he drifts in and out of games too much for my liking. Not disputing he has a bright future but I just feel he's too inconsistent. Mick Roche for young POTY

Hulsey
24/11/2005, 3:33 PM
Well Hannigan is gone back to the states for the time being, fingers crossed we bring him back for next season cause he's a very good keeper ! he played 2 games and we got 6 points, cant complain with that. I've seen him on numerous occasions this season and he defo deserves an extended run in the 1st team.
SERIOUSLY!!!. do we have anyother keeper at the club other than Skippy & Alan Young (for Young I use the term keeper lightly;) ).

Martinho II
24/11/2005, 4:13 PM
if u mentioned to me a week ago before our game versus pats that stephen gough was linked with bray i would have said ye are welcome to him! his perforamances for us were not that great for us but ever matthews tried out his new formation against pats gough was a revelation as left back. i would not like to see him go based on his perofrmance for us that night!

d o connor has being pretty good for us as well not too sure wot sort of a contract he has but I would not like to see him leave us!

SeagullScene
24/11/2005, 4:32 PM
SERIOUSLY!!!. do we have anyother keeper at the club other than Skippy & Alan Young (for Young I use the term keeper lightly;) ).

I stand to be corrected but is there another keeper with the U21's? Clifford Henry? Not sure if he's even a keeper but it rings a bell? And even if he is there i'm sure it'll be a good few years before he'll be ready for the call up....so yeah i think it's only the wonderful duo of Skip and Young for now!!!

Seagull
24/11/2005, 5:07 PM

Robbie and Eamon are nothing alike as players Tarzan1 !!!!! 2 totally different styles.
Yeah, Eamon is a proven goalscorer- how many did Robbie get last season? Robbie for Bray? No thank you.

idol_1
24/11/2005, 6:14 PM
agree with above no way would i take robbie very overrated headless
played nearly every game up front for pats and scored 4 goals and look were they ended up??????

would take frosty thou not gough

Roo69
25/11/2005, 9:23 AM
agree with above no way would i take robbie very overrated headless
played nearly every game up front for pats and scored 4 goals and look were they ended up??????

would take frosty thou not gough

Well thats were you would be wrong, he played quite a lot of games on the left hand side of midfield. He got 7 goals this season, the same as Declan O'Brien, Gary O'Neill, Pat McCourt and Stephen Ward. In fairness not a bad return for being played way out of position, not starting every game and loosing his brother during the season.

Roo69
25/11/2005, 9:30 AM
I stand to be corrected but is there another keeper with the U21's? Clifford Henry? Not sure if he's even a keeper but it rings a bell? And even if he is there i'm sure it'll be a good few years before he'll be ready for the call up....so yeah i think it's only the wonderful duo of Skip and Young for now!!!

No Clifford is not with us anymore, he signed for Dublin City at the start of the season, i presume he is still there, think he was there No. 2 keeper.

We have 4 Keeper at the club, Skip, Pat, Younger and McNamee. Pat and Skip are out of contract, not sure about the other 2.

Roo69
25/11/2005, 9:36 AM
if u mentioned to me a week ago before our game versus pats that stephen gough was linked with bray i would have said ye are welcome to him! his perforamances for us were not that great for us but ever matthews tried out his new formation against pats gough was a revelation as left back. i would not like to see him go based on his perofrmance for us that night!

d o connor has being pretty good for us as well not too sure wot sort of a contract he has but I would not like to see him leave us!

I know the Rovers fans did'nt like Goughy that much either and did'nt really rate him, but anytime i've seen him he has been very solid and can play any where along the back 4. Danny has been one of the most under-rated defenders in the league over the past few seasons.

I'd defo welcome the both of them into our squad anyday of the week

Hulsey
25/11/2005, 12:03 PM
I think it's only the wonderful duo of Skip and Young for now!!!

Everyone seems to be extremely hard on poor Skippy. You have to remember that the lads only young. Has a lot of potential and for my money had a decent season. I know he conceded too many goals, but the defense hardly covered itself in glory after Wes left and Jody got injured.
Anyone know if Mc Govern is staying with the Wanderers? Thought he did quite well after a well dodgy start.

Stevo Da Gull
26/11/2005, 2:45 PM
Everyone seems to be extremely hard on poor Skippy. You have to remember that the lads only young. Has a lot of potential and for my money had a decent season. I know he conceded too many goals, but the defense hardly covered itself in glory after Wes left and Jody got injured.

Yes it's a 5 man defence. Mick Roche done very well it has to be said but sometimes on here it just seems like someone could get shot in Taiwan and people would blame Skip. I think he needs to improve in certain area's of his game but is solid in other area's and I believe he'll only get better in time if people give him a chance, he's got talent! People seem to focus on the negatives and forget the points that Skippy has won for this club:ball:

After reading that he's out of contract I hope to god that he sign's another. I don't think every1 appreciates the position that we are in having a talented first choice keeper who should have years ahead of him.

Anyway there's my 2 cents:cool:

Anyhow as far as signings go I reckon that anyone who strengthens the team without stretching the budget would be a good addition but that's kind of stating the obvious;)

Poor Student
26/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Imo we should try sign Quigley off Ucd. Best young keeper in the league by far.

You don't honestly think you'd be able to get him do you?:confused:

Hulsey
28/11/2005, 10:05 AM
You don't honestly think you'd be able to get him do you?:confused:
Being honest, I feel we could. I'd much rather play at the Carlisle then Belfield any day:p ,but being a seagull I would wouldn't I. Imagine though, having two really promissing keepers to chose from with years ahead of them.

Poor Student
28/11/2005, 11:35 AM
Eh, you do realise Quigley has been making the U-21 bench and could possibly be the next Irish U-21 keeper? You think Bray have the financial muscle and the attractiveness to take that kind of player off us? You're no bigger than us and would find it impossible to take any of our top players.

Roo69
28/11/2005, 12:02 PM
Eh, you do realise Quigley has been making the U-21 bench and could possibly be the next Irish U-21 keeper? You think Bray have the financial muscle and the attractiveness to take that kind of player off us? You're no bigger than us and would find it impossible to take any of our top players.

He's never bloody out of the Carlisle watchn Bray and our 21's ! defo has a soft spot for us :p

JoeSemi
28/11/2005, 12:09 PM
The possible signings mentioned will all be in range next season if a potential backer (who is currently in discussions with Bray) gets the go ahead with very ambitious plans for the club. I'm staying silent on who he is and where he's from until there's confirmation either way:cool: Let's say that Bray could emulate Drogheda if this comes to fruition.

Poor Student
28/11/2005, 12:13 PM
He's never bloody out of the Carlisle watchn Bray and our 21's ! defo has a soft spot for us :p

Really?:p Where is he from? Maybe he lives near a DART line? Or is he from Wicklow?

Roo69
28/11/2005, 12:45 PM
Really?:p Where is he from? Maybe he lives near a DART line? Or is he from Wicklow?

Not to sure, someone said he was from around the Cabinteely area but not to sure ? I've seen him down there on at least a dozen occasions last season watchn bray play....

KR's Post
28/11/2005, 3:46 PM
Not to sure, someone said he was from around the Cabinteely area but not to sure ? I've seen him down there on at least a dozen occasions last season watchn bray play....

Hey Roo, i think he is taking the p-iss...

Roo69
28/11/2005, 3:53 PM
Nah i think Quigley's taking the pi-ss with the amount of time he spens supporting us.... ha ha

KR's Post
30/11/2005, 2:29 PM
Nah i think Quigley's taking the pi-ss with the amount of time he spens supporting us.... ha ha
:D :D