PDA

View Full Version : NLSA Launch

Bald Student
23/11/2005, 4:18 PM
The launch of the National League Supporters' Association is set for Saturday 3rd December at 3pm in Dalymount Park. Membership will be accepted and we'll have a discussion on the issues facing eL football. We'll also appoint a committee to run the association until the AGM which is planned for the start of next season. All eL supporters are welcome to attend.

Also, as part of the consultations surrounding the latest Genesis Report we are preparing a supporters' response to the recommended changes. A draft copy is available as an attachment below.
Anyone who has any suggestions to improve it can e-mail me at jcraddock@campus.ie over the next few weeks. Once we have everyone's suggestions on board we plan on having the final document completed before Christmas.

Block G Raptor
23/11/2005, 4:22 PM
Brilliant!!!!!!

sparkey
24/11/2005, 3:43 PM
An excellent and well crafted response document by all involved with the NLSA. Heres wishing you all the best in your endevours with the League and the FAI on behalf of all us supporters. This is deffinately something that all us should get behind and give our full support to.:ball:

A face
24/11/2005, 11:38 PM
I will definitely try and get to this. Hope it all goes well ..... every eL fan who wants any sort of change or improvement for anything in our league should do their best to get to this. This is the chance for fans, the biggest stackholder in Irish football, to effect change and all should support this opportunity and get there in person. Vote with your feet and be there !!

Drumcondra Red
25/11/2005, 8:16 AM
Would a 7-8pm start for the meeting not make a bit more sense?

tiktok
25/11/2005, 10:22 AM
I'll be there :)

Block G Raptor
25/11/2005, 12:04 PM
Would a 7-8pm start for the meeting not make a bit more sense?

Totally Agree as a weekend Father I find it difficult to get to anything on saturday or sunday afternoon
I will be at this though even if it means bringing my daughter

pineapple stu
25/11/2005, 12:28 PM
I suppose a later start would make it difficult for anyone who wants to travel up to the launch to get back home again afterwards.

Macy
25/11/2005, 12:32 PM
Also gives some chance of coverage in the Sunday papers I would've thought too.

Bald Student
25/11/2005, 1:28 PM
Our thinking was that a later start would have been better for Dublin based people but would have stopped anyone from travelling. We went with the afternoon so as people could get home afterwards.

Drumcondra Red
25/11/2005, 1:41 PM
I play matches on Saturday afternoons, I suppose I could hope for an early start so I can make it to Dalyer after! Doubtful though!

monutdfc
27/11/2005, 9:40 AM
Response looks good.

MariborKev
01/12/2005, 3:11 PM
Just a reminder to everyone, this takes place on Saturday at 3pm

Billy Lord
03/12/2005, 12:44 AM
Disappointed I can't make it. For many, many reasons I'm fully behind the idea. I can only wish NLSA the best of luck and I will be joining, as should anyone who loves their club and/or Irish football in general. Without the fans there is no league, no atmosphere and no point, and the sooner people realise and utilise the power they have as a collective the better.
I'd love to see what we achieved at Rovers replicated across the league. Then we'd see real progress because the people who really care would be in control.
Make your club YOUR club!

Drumcondra Red
03/12/2005, 12:46 PM
Agree totally with you Billy Lord

Block G Raptor
05/12/2005, 8:38 AM
Disappointed I can't make it. For many, many reasons I'm fully behind the idea. I can only wish NLSA the best of luck and I will be joining, as should anyone who loves their club and/or Irish football in general. Without the fans there is no league, no atmosphere and no point, and the sooner people realise and utilise the power they have as a collective the better.
I'd love to see what we achieved at Rovers replicated across the league. Then we'd see real progress because the people who really care would be in control.
Make your club YOUR club!

I'll Second that

Drumcondra Red
05/12/2005, 8:53 AM
How did the meeting go??? Can you post the minutes?

Block G Raptor
05/12/2005, 11:47 AM
How did the meeting go??? Can you post the minutes?

Didn't make it roy Daughter wasn't too well and i didn't think it fair to drag her down to dalymount

Bald Student
05/12/2005, 3:17 PM
How did the meeting go??? Can you post the minutes?The meeting went well. We had a good turn-out and a discussion on the issues facing supporters and the league in general which lasted about 3 hours.

We should have our internet site up and running soon so we'll put up the details there.

Block G Raptor
05/12/2005, 3:26 PM
The meeting went well. We had a good turn-out and a discussion on the issues facing supporters and the league in general which lasted about 3 hours.

We should have our internet site up and running soon so we'll put up the details there.

Brill Dont forget to post the url on el live/links the sticky at the top of the page

CuanaD
05/12/2005, 4:19 PM
The meeting went well. We had a good turn-out and a discussion on the issues facing supporters and the league in general which lasted about 3 hours.

Great, couldnt make it on the day myself, but will be interested to read the details of the meeting - & get involved in the future:ball:

MariborKev
07/12/2005, 11:23 AM
NLSA hits out at League proposals

The National League Supporters Association would like to put on record the widespread opposition of fans to the recent proposals regarding the structure of the League for the 2006 season.

The new proposal suggested dividing the league into two regions of eleven teams; 6 Premier Division teams and 5 First Divison sides split along a North-South axis.

The top four teams in each group were then to proceed to a playoff for the League title. The other 7 sides in each group would play off in a second tier. Media reports suggest this was rejected by club representatives and the NLSA welcome the fact that this idea has been dismissed.

The group met over the weekend and many fans expressed anger both at the proposal and the fact that the structure of the 2006 season was still up for discussion, despite promotion and relegation issues having been settled.

To undertake any change to next season's format would make a mockery of relegation and promotion and many fans who paid to attend the relegation playoff between Shamrock Rovers and Dublin City could feel that they sold a pup with regards the importance of the game.

The discussion document presented last week appears to have been poorly thought out and creates many more problems than it solves. NLSA members believe that prosposals such as last week's are being floated in order to ensure implementation of the Genesis report by stealth.

The league format suggested by Genesis for 2007 also appears to contain several major flaws. The NLSA have outlined these in a response forwarded to the consultants.
One of the major issues regarding Genesis' proposals include the need for eight new teams for the reshaped First Divison and there appears to have been no substantive research regarding possible new entrants for the 2007 season.

The NLSA believe that there is little room for the introduction of new teams to the top tiers of domestic football. For instance, the Kerry League who participate in the U-21 league opted not to compete in last season's League Cup due to the expense involved. It appears naieve to believe that support exists for the introduction of eight new teams in little over a year's time.

However the format suggested by Genesis appear much more practical when compared to the ludricous proposals of last week. It would appear that the League is attempting the secure the seamless introduction of Genesis by marketing it as the "only alternative".

The NLSA believe that further consultation must take place as regards a number of issues raised by Genesis, not least the League format. The NLSA will be pushing for meetings with League officials regarding this matter.

A face
07/12/2005, 11:01 PM
This is excellent stuff lads !!

Buile Shuibhne
07/12/2005, 11:55 PM
Those proposals were turned down anyway at a meeting of the League last Thursday night.

from last Friday's Indo:

League clubs reject proposals
DELEGATES from the 22 Eircom League clubs last night rejected a proposal that the League be divided into two pools of 11 clubs next season.

The proposal would have seen seen six Premier Division and five First Division clubs in each pool based mainly on geographical location and results.

The clubs are understood to have requested firm details on the proposed merger between the League and FAI before commiting to any decision about the format of the league for 2006.

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 10:27 AM
NLSA hits out at League proposals

The National League Supporters Association would like to put on record the widespread opposition of fans to the recent proposals regarding the structure of the League for the 2006 season.

The new proposal suggested dividing the league into two regions of eleven teams; 6 Premier Division teams and 5 First Divison sides split along a North-South axis.

The top four teams in each group were then to proceed to a playoff for the League title. The other 7 sides in each group would play off in a second tier. Media reports suggest this was rejected by club representatives and the NLSA welcome the fact that this idea has been dismissed.

The group met over the weekend and many fans expressed anger both at the proposal and the fact that the structure of the 2006 season was still up for discussion, despite promotion and relegation issues having been settled.

To undertake any change to next season's format would make a mockery of relegation and promotion and many fans who paid to attend the relegation playoff between Shamrock Rovers and Dublin City could feel that they sold a pup with regards the importance of the game.

The discussion document presented last week appears to have been poorly thought out and creates many more problems than it solves. NLSA members believe that prosposals such as last week's are being floated in order to ensure implementation of the Genesis report by stealth.

The league format suggested by Genesis for 2007 also appears to contain several major flaws. The NLSA have outlined these in a response forwarded to the consultants.
One of the major issues regarding Genesis' proposals include the need for eight new teams for the reshaped First Divison and there appears to have been no substantive research regarding possible new entrants for the 2007 season.

The NLSA believe that there is little room for the introduction of new teams to the top tiers of domestic football. For instance, the Kerry League who participate in the U-21 league opted not to compete in last season's League Cup due to the expense involved. It appears naieve to believe that support exists for the introduction of eight new teams in little over a year's time.

However the format suggested by Genesis appear much more practical when compared to the ludricous proposals of last week. It would appear that the League is attempting the secure the seamless introduction of Genesis by marketing it as the "only alternative".

The NLSA believe that further consultation must take place as regards a number of issues raised by Genesis, not least the League format. The NLSA will be pushing for meetings with League officials regarding this matter.

Fan Smeggin' tastic at last us the fans have a voice
how do i join where do i sign

tiktok
08/12/2005, 10:40 AM
how do i join where do i sign

Anyone?

MariborKev
08/12/2005, 11:31 AM
People who came along on Saturday were able to sign up on the day.

We are formulating a downloadable version of the form, as well as hopefully a web form for those interested in joining.

We'll keep you informed

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 11:50 AM
People who came along on Saturday were able to sign up on the day.

We are formulating a downloadable version of the form, as well as hopefully a web form for those interested in joining.

We'll keep you informed

Nice one
As I've explained previously in this thread really couldn't make it on the day much to my disappointment
really want to do my bit

Bald Student
08/12/2005, 4:32 PM
We hope to have our website up and running soon with proper forms but in the meantime if anyone wants to send me an e-mail (jcraddock@campus.ie) with their name and address I'll add you to the membership list and post out the membership card. The cost is 10 euro for adults and 5 euro for students, teenagers and other concessions.

Also, there's a gap in the committee for a webmaster so if anyone has any experience and wants to help out we'd be greatfull.

Block G Raptor
08/12/2005, 5:10 PM
We hope to have our website up and running soon with proper forms but in the meantime if anyone wants to send me an e-mail (jcraddock@campus.ie) with their name and address I'll add you to the membership list and post out the membership card. The cost is 10 euro for adults and 5 euro for students, teenagers and other concessions.

Also, there's a gap in the committee for a webmaster so if anyone has any experience and wants to help out we'd be greatfull.

Nice one email sent
not much use to you as a webmaster but if I can help in any other way would be more than delighted

tiktok
08/12/2005, 5:22 PM
email sent,

to echo Block G Raptor's sentiments, braindead when it comes to computers and the interweb, but any help I can offer, i'm glad to.

harpskid
08/12/2005, 8:33 PM
www.nlsupporters.com is beginning to take shape and now includes a forum again.

Hopefully downloadable forms etc will be available within the next week or so, once we sort out the aul teething problems

Your patience is appreciated.

MariborKev
09/12/2005, 10:29 PM
NLSA Membership Form (http://forms5.createforms.com/28826/form_1_1.html)

Any individuals interested in joining the NLSA can submit their details using this link.

When your details are submitted a member of the group will contact you via email with the options for paying your membership fees.

Fees are €10 for adults and €5 for concessions.

We also hope to finalise online payment methods in the next week.

The NLSA are also accepting Supporter Club membership, which will allow for that group to have a block vote. For supporters grouping interested in joining, please email info@nlsupporters.com for further details