PDA

View Full Version : Utd's Transfer Rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3

The spaniard
23/11/2005, 2:23 PM
Just became party to a very interesting rumour that We could be bringing a massive signing here in the next fortnight..not going to say the names mentioned because it may not be true....but the someone thinks its a former player thats currently with a premier squad.
That narrows it to about 5 and the fact that its apparently goin to be a huge name narrows that to 3 by my calculations....
As im not in Galway at the Mo id appreciate any feedback you might get from a bit of sniffing around

Cheers
The Spaniard

Galwayexile
23/11/2005, 9:33 PM
Will wait and see incase someone goes sniffing around.I have my guesses though.

gustavo
23/11/2005, 10:01 PM
it might be Gareth Gorman i think we are releasing him

Galwayexile
23/11/2005, 10:05 PM
we dont need gareth gorman, give us o donnell and you have a deal

Terry
24/11/2005, 7:18 AM
Gareth is taking a coaching role for sligo.:eek: :)

Patrick Dunne
24/11/2005, 11:40 AM
.. there are plenty of other clubs "sniffing around" for our potential targets, so if anyone has any inside information, or has heard any rumours, please keep them to themselves.

Loose talk costs lives !

PD.

Terry
24/11/2005, 12:59 PM
Does this mean we still have to keep quiet about the raid on Chelsea over January??;) :D

Galwayexile
24/11/2005, 10:34 PM
the cat is out of the bag.The boys from sligo will come in and sign the lot!!

The Stars
28/11/2005, 5:05 PM
I think the player ye are looking for is a free agent and we are interested in a Premier Division player aswell.....maybe a certain forward who was targeted by Don O'Riordon as a potential signing,only for him to go some where else.

Red4Eva
29/11/2005, 5:23 PM
i think we all know who that is but i heard he's pretty happy where he is even if it is mainly on da bench

Terry
30/11/2005, 7:24 AM
I see according to the sentinel that Lal has a shopping list of 6 players he want to bring in. Most of the players contract negotiation are at an advanced stage, 3 of which players are ex-players of GUFC. He wants a squad of 22 players as he feels he was putting to much pressure on the u21's he was calling up when needed.

The thing that has amazed him most of all though is that some of the players that he likes came to GUFC looking to join what they see as the club that is going in the right direction rather than him chasing the players !!

Also, Goughie has put his retirement plans back for another season, which is good news.

The spaniard
30/11/2005, 5:38 PM
apparently if those sentinel sources are to be believed then the benchwaremers arent goin to be doin that for much longer!

Happy days are about to return boys!:D :D

I can feel it in me water!:D

Red4Eva
30/11/2005, 6:51 PM
just after reading that in the sentinel too. alan murphy, david forde, who else?? dupuy?

galwaygirl
01/12/2005, 8:32 AM
just after reading that in the sentinel too. alan murphy, david forde, who else?? dupuy?
how did you come up with those names Red4Eva:confused:

Terry
01/12/2005, 8:36 AM
how did you come up with those names Red4Eva:confused:
well they are ex gufc players

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 9:04 AM
forgot about david dupuy the french fella.He would be a good signing and lets face it living in galway is better than dublin.

If david forde bought a house in oranmore then he has to come back if kickr's info was correct.

galwaygirl
01/12/2005, 10:42 AM
well they are ex gufc players
No need to get smart Terry.
i know they're ex-gufc players (but there are plenty more as well arent there). i read the same article in The Sentinel and was just wondering how he came up with THOSE ex-players.

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 10:54 AM
in a previous thread it was said that Galway are trying to sign 3 ex players who happen to play in the premier league, all 3 play in the premier and theres a few more.

I dont know if it was PD or kickr who said it.

Terry
01/12/2005, 11:05 AM
in a previous thread it was said that Galway are trying to sign 3 ex players who happen to play in the premier league, all 3 play in the premier and theres a few more.

I dont know if it was PD or kickr who said it.

Ya that was me. Rumours are rife at the moment as everyone has a very good feeling for next season. Hopefully we will sign the players that are been talked about here and the few more that aren't ;)

Patrick Dunne
01/12/2005, 3:39 PM
has agreed to sign for GUFC this evening, as per club sources.

Our best signing for years, well done to all concerned.

Come on United !

PD.

galwaygirl
01/12/2005, 4:15 PM

Come on United !

PD.

Great news:D

gufct
01/12/2005, 4:20 PM
roll on march.We now have barry,murph,eric & Dave O'Dowd vying for two places.Expect so more big news in the next day or so!!!!!!!!!!!

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:20 PM
Were gonna win the league were gonna win the league....we know ya don't believe us we know ya don't believe us............WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:22 PM
great signing.

I had a feeling that it was him.
Very exciting times for galway utd fans.

Thanx pd for the news.

what are the odds of david forde signing now, me thinks very high.

The spaniard
01/12/2005, 4:46 PM

Come on United !

PD.

Thats fantastic...what ambition!
Didnt i say the good times are just around the corner

Galwayexile
01/12/2005, 4:46 PM
pd the website says he has only agreed terms to a move.Is he still under contract at derry if so wont we have to pay a feww.They may not want to sell him. Worried Utd fan now:confused:

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:47 PM
Thats fantastic...what ambition!
Didnt i say the good times are just around the corner
I think we all had heard one or two names but no one would say anything in case the potential signings were taken by other smaller clubs!

Conor H
01/12/2005, 4:49 PM
pd the website says he has only agreed terms to a move.Is he still under contract at derry if so wont we have to pay a feww.They may not want to sell him. Worried Utd fan now:confused:
AFAIK he is now a UTD player.

Patrick Dunne
01/12/2005, 6:32 PM
so there will be no fee involved. Less than two years ago Derry City paid E22,000 for him.:)

The club has shown ambition. Its up to us to help make sure that the neccesary finance is in place for next season.
Make sure to buy a season ticket before Christmas - its only E110. An annual Lotto subscription is only E80.

Also, we need more supporters to help out with our weekly Lotto draw. Send me a pm or ring Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823
if you are interested.

PD.

gustavo
01/12/2005, 7:02 PM
well done on getting murphy :) couple more signings like and that i cant see why ye wont get promoted

Speranza
01/12/2005, 11:46 PM
Murphy is undoubtedly a Premier player and IMO would walk onto any midfield in the Premier but ours and Cork. He found it difficult to get past Martyn and Molloy who have along with Gamble and O'Callaghan been the best central midfielders in the premier.

Can't understand his decision and it's clearly a step down but fair enough. If the first division is as bad as you all say then he will run the show if you give him a role in attacking midfield.

Good luck with him and I really hope we will be seeing Galway back in the Premier allowing us to travel to your brilliant city.

On a curious sidenote, has any progress been made with the side of Terryland opposite the stand.

sligoman
02/12/2005, 12:03 AM
On a curious sidenote, has any progress been made with the side of Terryland opposite the stand.Well, they have art on the wall if you class that as progress?:confused:.

sniffa
02/12/2005, 12:35 AM
I can't believe Murphy has decided to return to Div 1 football.....Why????
No disrespect to Galway Utd (a great club) or any of the other Div 1 clubs but why would a guy at the height of his career take a massive step back? Maybe Alan Murphy doesn't have what it takes to get and maintain at the top.
Maybe he has a serious conflict with his confidence?
Alan Murphy should be performing in a top club in the top league....his ability deserves it. He may live to regret this..."maybe I could have...."
I really really hope he's not taking the easy way out!

sligoman
02/12/2005, 12:40 AM
I can't believe Murphy has decided to return to Div 1 football.....Why????
No disrespect to Galway Utd (a great club) or any of the other Div 1 clubs but why would a guy at the height of his career take a massive step back? Maybe Alan Murphy doesn't have what it takes to get and maintain at the top.
Maybe he has a serious conflict with his confidence?
Alan Murphy should be performing in a top club in the top league....his ability deserves it. He may live to regret this..."maybe I could have...."
I really really hope he's not taking the easy way out!Well he's from Mayo, which is near Galway(obviously) and he's a former Galway player so I'd say that influenced his decision. I mean, I dont think he'd have joined any other FD team tbh, he probably wants to help Galway get promoted. A bit like Connor O'Grady with us:).

Terry
02/12/2005, 7:23 AM
Great news, heard a list of names last night and I think I will be putting a nice few quid on United this year;) :)

ON the stand issue, work shall begin after the winter, the foundation is already in so the dirty work is over already.

Murphy has obviously joined us after seeing the plans United have in place for next season and one year in the first isnt anything to worry about!

I would just like to say well done to all concerned behind the scenes over the past year or so. The 5 year plan put in place last year will work with signings like this.

year1: development
year2: win promotion
year3: survival
year4: mid table
year5: challenging for league title/european positions :D

Galwayexile
02/12/2005, 7:39 AM
Its great news altogether, well done to everyone at Galway who played their part and thanx pd for letting us know. Foot.ie is the next best thing if you cannot make it to terryland. Im moving to the states in feburary so will be using this boards to keep upto date.

What position will he play, the derry boys say he would walk into any midfield in the country bar derry and cork atm. But he played as a striker for us before when he finished top scorer for 3 sucessive seasons.

What other positions do we need now.

lofty9
02/12/2005, 8:30 AM
He's definitely not a premier league striker - a great attacking midfielder though. I'm sure he'll want to be played in the middle of the park.

Terry
02/12/2005, 8:33 AM
If he was to play behind eric and barry ( kind of like scholes for man u) we would have some attacking team !!:D

Terry
02/12/2005, 10:15 AM
What other positions do we need now.

Off the top of my head:

Another top keeper
An accomplished central defender
An additional Right and left winger
and possibly another left back

sligoman
02/12/2005, 12:00 PM
Is Lavine definitely staying for next season? :confused:

Terry
02/12/2005, 12:06 PM
Is Lavine definitely staying for next season? :confused:

I'd say so. Can't see why not?

looping
02/12/2005, 1:05 PM
congratulations stephen great stuff!

GalwayFrancis
02/12/2005, 1:50 PM
Murphy completes Galway return

Striker Alan Murphy has completed a return move to First Division
Galway United from eircom League Premier Division runners-up Derry
City.

Mayo native Murphy joined Derry from Galway in a €22,000 move at
the start of the 2004 season

However, he was unable to hold down a regular starting place in the
Candystripes’ breakthrough season this year, when his substitute
appearances were more often in midfield as in attack.

The 24-year-old was the First Division’s top scorer with Galway in
2003, firing 21 league goals in a side which struggled to make any
real impact on the promotion race.

And the Tribesmen will hope he can regain that level of form back
at Terryland Park next season.

Conor H
02/12/2005, 2:47 PM
Galway United is pleased to announce that Alan Murphy has agreed terms and will be signing for the club, the former Galway United crowd favorite has spent the past two seasons with Derry City.

Ballinrobe-native Murphy (24) is a former Player of the Year with Galway United and was the club's top goalscorer in the last three seasons he was with us before he transferred to Derry City.

According to Galway United Chairman, John Fallon, Murphy is one of a number of players that they hope to sign for next season.

"Next season will be the most important in the club's history. We finished the last campaign unbeaten in our last eight games, but we need to strengthen the squad to achieve our aims for next season.

"Alan is a big addition to our side and we are delighted that he has decided to come on board for what promises to be a great season next year," he said.

Galway United manager, Stephen Lally, said a lot of work has already been done for next season.

"We knew that Derry City did not want to lose him and that several other clubs were keen to sign him.

"We sat down with him and outlined the ambitions this club has, the work we have done and what we think we can achieve next year. I am delighted he will be back in a Galway United shirt next season.

"He is an accomplished midfielder or striker and will bring a lot to our side next season. I am delighted for the fans as well as Alan was always a big favorite with them," said Lally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gazza2
02/12/2005, 2:56 PM
I heard kieran foley ex utd might be on the way back to us

Aaron GUFC
02/12/2005, 3:56 PM
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssshhhhhhhh

GOD is back. This is hilarious he is too good for us.
Promotion guaranteed:) The Murpher is back and he willbe the divisions top scorer next year and we will win the league and the Fai cup and the league cup and The Premier Division next year and then the Champions League:rolleyes:

I am extatic this is the best day of my life:eek: Im just guessing ....maybe 30 odd goals next season?? But anyway this is class what a signing the signing of the season no doubt. What was the price again????

superfrank
02/12/2005, 3:59 PM
I'm surprised Alan Murphy left Derry. Apparently David Forde might be leaving Derry too.

Conor H
02/12/2005, 4:00 PM
GOD is back. This is hilarious he is too good for us.
Promotion guaranteed:)
No one is too good for GUFC;)

What was the price again????
No fee involved.:)

Conor H
02/12/2005, 4:56 PM
Everything costs money Conor H :o I hear he is on 600 a week
KickR i meant there was no transfer fee:rolleyes: as Pd said.Im aware he will be getting paid wages!;)

sligoman
02/12/2005, 5:10 PM
yippeeeee Vinny dancingEh, dont you mean kickR dancing;)