PDA

View Full Version : Worst Song Of 2005

Pages : [1] 2

finlma
23/11/2005, 12:24 PM
Its getting to that time of year again.

For me it has to be Robbie Williams - Trippin'. Every time I hear that song I want to poke our my own eardrums with a sharp object. He's a fat talentless man.

Closely followed by the Sligo lads and whatever the name of that crap song is.

Edit: I can't let it go without giving Jame Blunt a mention. I only wish he got drafted to Iraq before becoming a musician.

anto1208
23/11/2005, 12:36 PM
what about the pussy cat dolls : dont ya !! rubbish its the only song that ill change stations to avoid .

Maz
23/11/2005, 12:39 PM
Is this the way to Amarillo, they should be hurt for bringing that rubbish out again

noby
23/11/2005, 1:03 PM
I'll go along with all them. But I fear the worst is yet to come.
The bookies favourite for (British) Christmas No.1 is:

X Factor winner - TBA

The rest of the list isn't much better:
Winner Of X Factor 1.57

Nizlopi 6.00

Westlife & Diana Ross 7.00

The Pogues 11.00

England Cricketers 11.00

The Choir Boys 13.00

Girls Aloud 17.00

Robbie Williams 21.00

Crazy Frog 21.00

Eminem 21.00

James Blunt 26.00

Take That 26.00

Tony Christie 34.00

Billy Bragg & Maxine Edgington 34.00

Santa 34.00

G4 Feat. Robin Gibb 34.00

Will Young 51.00

Mariah Carey 51.00

Madonna 51.00

Kaiser Chiefs & Bloc Party 51.00

Elvis 51.00

Coldplay 51.00

Patrolman Pete 51.00

John Lennon 51.00

D H T 51.00

tetsujin1979
23/11/2005, 3:13 PM
No contest - Crazy Frog to win by a landslide.
The song that finally ended any faith I had in the charts as a barometer of what is actually worth listening to anymore

noby
23/11/2005, 3:27 PM
You mean you had faith in the charts as a barometer of what is actually worth listening to before that?

Anyway, just when you think it can't get any worse:

Crazy Frog - Jingle Bells/Cant Touch This is released on 12th Dec.

gustavo
23/11/2005, 4:26 PM
Anything that the Crazy Frog released is in a total league of its own when it comes to crapness.

klein4
23/11/2005, 4:45 PM
I think you can bet your house on that chico guy from x factor havin a hit with "chico time" or whatever it is he sang. for anyone who hasnt heard it....it defies classification....:eek:

Rory H
23/11/2005, 4:56 PM
kanye west-golddigger,i hate it so much!

aberharp
23/11/2005, 5:37 PM
the crazy frog song

Pat O' Banton
23/11/2005, 6:49 PM
No contest - Crazy Frog to win by a landslide.
The song that finally ended any faith I had in the charts as a barometer of what is actually worth listening to anymore

The crazy frog was meant to be novelty, people bought the Pussy Cat Girls because they liked it and they probably view themselves as serious musicans, so by that recoking they will always shade it, oh and you'll all be delighted to learn they have a new single out soon:mad: Boycotting record shops who stock it would be worth considering.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 9:59 AM
anything that was released in 2005 is crap!!!! it wont stand the test of time. not like:

ZZ TOP - shes got legs. 25 years or so and it still sounds quality.

or

eric johnson cliffs of dover, thats probably the best of 2005, but something tells me none of ye folk will have heard it. especially pat o banton.

tiktok
24/11/2005, 10:10 AM
Crazy Frog is the worst effort in years novelty or not

The Worst effort from an 'artist' :- Robbie Williams new thing where he tries to be Sting, and why hasn't his record company stopped his feeble rap attempts yet?

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 11:13 AM
mercifully I've missed all of the shaved ape williams efforts this year. I'm not even going to go near novelty pop acts or boy bands/girl bands who only stun on rare when they don't release tripe.

I'm goin to go with yer wan from No Doubt who has released so much garbage I really don't know where to start but I'll settle for 'Cool' for managing to cross all the vileness of 'Crazy For You' era Madonna with a Rik Okasek/Cars B-side of a B-side. Horrible horrible horrible fcuking song. Bitch bitch bitch die die die stab stab stab.:mad:

Ah ........glad I've that out of the sysyem:cool:

Green Army Girl
24/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Its getting to that time of year again.

For me it has to be Robbie Williams - Trippin'. Every time I hear that song I want to poke our my own eardrums with a sharp object. He's a fat talentless man.

Closely followed by the Sligo lads and whatever the name of that crap song is.

Edit: I can't let it go without giving Jame Blunt a mention. I only wish he got drafted to Iraq before becoming a musician.

Noooooooooo Finlma how could you say he was talentless he has sold millions of albums is the best entertainer around and he is a bit of a looker, sorry i know thats your opinion but i dont think he is talentless and he is not fat.
Just had to get that in before i go home have the flu:(

noby
24/11/2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, go home and lie down. You're obviously delirious

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 12:25 PM
Noooooooooo Finlma how could you say he was talentless he has sold millions of albums :(

Y'see this is the rub of the problem isn't it? When Jesus said Blessed are the Meek ...what he patently failed to get is that it is the Meek who are the very kernel of societies fcuking problems with their "oh everybody else likes it therefore it must be good ...and everybody else voted for the b@stard therefore he must be doing something noteworthy".

declan hide
24/11/2005, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=paul_oshea]

ZZ TOP - shes got legs. 25 years or so and it still sounds quality.
QUOTE]

\m/ AGREED!!!! \m/

finlma
24/11/2005, 12:31 PM
Noooooooooo Finlma how could you say he was talentless he has sold millions of albums is the best entertainer around and he is a bit of a looker, sorry i know thats your opinion but i dont think he is talentless and he is not fat.
Just had to get that in before i go home have the flu:(

I won't deny that he's an entertainer but he's got a terrible singing voice and he is a bit on the chubby side :D
That rapping that he tries to do is awful and trippin is one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. The only song I turn the radio off for and Tony Fenton keeps playing it.

Hope you feel better.

tiktok
24/11/2005, 12:33 PM
Tony Fenton keeps playing it.

If ever proof was needed that a song is Sh!t.

drinkfeckarse
24/11/2005, 1:09 PM
What ever your opinion on Robbie Williams music, I don't think there is much doubt that he's a fantastic entertainer. He puts a lot of effort in making sure his audience get there moneys worth. I'm not really into him at all but I watched his performance in front of 250,000 people at Knebworth and he was on fire over those 3 nights.

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 1:32 PM
What ever your opinion on Robbie Williams music, I don't think there is much doubt that he's a fantastic entertainer. He puts a lot of effort in making sure his audience get there moneys worth. I'm not really into him at all but I watched his performance in front of 250,000 people at Knebworth and he was on fire over those 3 nights.

...if you're into Up With People and Hurray For Everything he is.

as for playing to 250,000 people ...I've already said I think this equating unit shifting and head counts with talent is at best flawed but if a numbers game has to be played I'll just point out that Iron Maiden played to more than that, more than once and in one show ...as opposed to over three nights.

Fcuk him ...rank tosser.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 1:32 PM
He puts a lot of effort in making sure his audience get there moneys worth

unfortunately that is what people look for today as a musician, whether they entertain and if they can i.e. chico et al, people love them. nothign to do with talent anymore.

Lionel couldnt have put it better myself, what is mental, what is normal? 70% of people are normal, so if i think differently am i mental?

people must open their minds!!!!LOL :D

declan hide \m/ indeed.

Wiseguy
24/11/2005, 1:46 PM
Most music realeased in the last few years is complete sh1te.Westlife,that fcuking frog,James cnut and many more should all be buried in a big hole.What does it say about society when a ringtone ends up in the bloody charts.What does the future hold when that happens.And as for those"i'm from the muddafukkin hood y'all" wannabe rappers and all the r n'b sh1te.Don't get me started.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 1:52 PM
wiseguy you are on a mission today arent ye?

Wiseguy
24/11/2005, 1:56 PM
wiseguy you are on a mission today arent ye?

I think it is safe to say that i have had better days than this

Green Army Girl
24/11/2005, 1:59 PM
Oh im back from my death bed. The problem wit lads and Robbie Williams is that you hav all been jealous of him since his Take That days saying he was gay when really he was bedding supermodels every minute of the day and fair play to him.

I dont buy his albums just because other people do i buy them cos he is in my eyes f*cking great. He is great live and really gets the crowds going. He is the first to admit that his earlier albums werent great lyrically but his new album is. Actually tripping is prob the weakest song of all. There is even a song r two on the album that sounds a bit like Morrisey. He is playing Croke park next year and only the greatest of great play there he is a legend. He made it threw being a drug addict & alco to become a huge sucessful popstar give him the credit that he deserves, the boy did well whether you like he voice r not and his ma is Irish so u have to like him,:p

klein4
24/11/2005, 2:13 PM
fair play to ya if ya like him that much.
you obviously really enjoy his music and thats what its all about at the end of the day.
just dont expect that many people on a music forum to agree with ya...

finlma
24/11/2005, 2:18 PM
The problem wit lads and Robbie Williams is that you hav all been jealous of him since his Take That days saying he was gay when really he was bedding supermodels every minute of the day and fair play to him.

Nothing to do with jealousy - everything to do with him being a crap singer and bringing out annoying crap songs.
Chubby Williams is talentless and just made it on being popular from Take That and a bad boy rebel.

Like Morrisey, don't make me laugh.

I don't care if his ma is Irish or not, if his ma was my ma I'd still say he's crap and I'd kick the head off him cause he'd be my brother.

drinkfeckarse
24/11/2005, 2:23 PM
...if you're into Up With People and Hurray For Everything he is.

as for playing to 250,000 people ...I've already said I think this equating unit shifting and head counts with talent is at best flawed but if a numbers game has to be played I'll just point out that Iron Maiden played to more than that, more than once and in one show ...as opposed to over three nights.

Fcuk him ...rank tosser.

Was it not 250,000 per night that Robbie played to?? I'm not suggesting the numbers game is the be all and end all though.

I like Iron Maiden too and the fact that they and Robbie can play to audiences like that suggest that quite simply, they are great entertainers. I would go to see both because I know they'll both put on a great show. People suggest that just because sh!tloads of people like them and go to see them, that it makes them all sheep so to speak. :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
24/11/2005, 2:27 PM
I love the fact that anybody who likes Indie music etc (anything but mainstream) think that they are the ones who know everything there is to know about music and they are the ones to decide what is crap and what is not.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 2:30 PM
The problem wit lads and Robbie Williams is that you hav all been jealous of him since his Take That days saying he was gay when really he was bedding supermodels every minute of the day and fair play to him.

because other people do i buy them cos he is in my eyes f*cking great. He is great live and really gets the crowds going

i can safely say the boys from iron maiden have bedded more, and i aint jealous of them, go to see them if you really want to see a crowd go wild. donnington 93(?) prime example. even my mates who despise it( it being anything other than POPular ****e a la robbie williams etc) have seen the video of that and say they really know how to get the crowd going. \m/

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 2:33 PM
I love the fact that anybody who likes Indie music etc (anything but mainstream) think that they are the ones who know everything there is to know about music and they are the ones to decide what is crap and what is not.

ya good point people like pat o and the rest. indie is ****e, its up there with the worst like crazy frog and robbie. although i do like angel.

finlma
24/11/2005, 2:36 PM

Its called taste and having a musical ear.

There are loads of forms of music that I dislike but respect because they are making real music for people who have a genuine love of what that band/group are doing. I'm not much of a fan of indie btw.

The likes or Robbie, Sligo muppets, et al. produce music fodder for people with no real taste or interest in real music.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 2:39 PM
produce music fodder for people with no real taste or interest in real music.

ah filmna, whats the definition of real music in fairness.

i think waht you are trying to say is that, they are into the overall package, and somethings equate more to those people than others e.g.
IMAGE i.e. looks, physique, charm, enterntainment factor nothing to do with MUSIC, is what you mean.

"can i play with madness
he said your blind to blind to see."

noby
24/11/2005, 2:44 PM
Oh im back from my death bed. The problem wit lads and Robbie Williams is that you hav all been jealous of him since his Take That days saying he was gay when really he was bedding supermodels every minute of the day and fair play to him.

Glad you're feeling better. As for the 'jealousy' crap, haven't you peddled this arguement before?

This is a thread about people's opinion (including, but not mutually exclusive to 'indie kids', drinkfeckarse) of the worst song of this year. It has sod all to do with how entertaining they are, or how many thousands of people they've played in front of.

Lionel Ritchie
24/11/2005, 2:48 PM

I dont buy his albums just because other people do i buy them cos he is in my eyes f*cking great. He is great live and really gets the crowds going. He is the first to admit that his earlier albums werent great lyrically but his new album is. Actually tripping is prob the weakest song of all. There is even a song r two on the album that sounds a bit like Morrisey. He is playing Croke park next year and only the greatest of great play there he is a legend. He made it threw being a drug addict & alco to become a huge sucessful popstar give him the credit that he deserves, the boy did well whether you like he voice r not and his ma is Irish so u have to like him,:p

GAG -there's no way to say this nicely so I'm just going to come out with it -you're certifiably talking out your hole missus. I no more have to respect his success as a sh ite singer of sh ite (and sometimes stolen) songs and than I have to respect John Gilligans success at selling crack.

Oh ...and Bon Jovi are playing Croke Park next summer, Celine has played it in the past ...lord knows you probably have the "I listened to a ****e band at croker" T-Shirt from last time those were round the block.
Tragic carry on.

drinkfeckarse
24/11/2005, 2:55 PM
Its called taste and having a musical ear.

My point being, and I'm sure I'm not alone, is that all my life I've noticed people who are into minority musical tastes always slag off people who are into mainstream music but never vice-versa.

Kinda proves my point that people who like Indie etc seem to think that they alone are the authoritive voice even though they are the minority:confused:

Doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it.

Green Army Girl
24/11/2005, 3:18 PM

Couldnt have put it better myself, your man of many talents;)

Green Army Girl
24/11/2005, 3:21 PM
GAG -there's no way to say this nicely so I'm just going to come out with it -you're certifiably talking out your hole missus. I no more have to respect his success as a sh ite singer of sh ite (and sometimes stolen) songs and than I have to respect John Gilligans success at selling crack.

Oh ...and Bon Jovi are playing Croke Park next summer, Celine has played it in the past ...lord knows you probably have the "I listened to a ****e band at croker" T-Shirt from last time those were round the block.
Tragic carry on.

What does ur t-shirt say f*cking slipknot, ill bet. So ur saying that that if you play in Croke Park ur **** is it well you come back to me when you can fill a stadium full of 180,000.00 and ill wear ur f*cking t-shirt.

Jerry The Saint
24/11/2005, 3:32 PM
Well this has got off topic but I have to say...

what about the pussy cat dolls : dont ya !!
Is this the way to Amarillo
kanye west-golddigger,i hate it so much!

...possibly 3 of my favourite pop singles of the past year! :D

Don't ya is a great example of catchy little disposable pop, as good as anything in that underrated genre over the past 12 months, and Tony Christie and KanYe West are both music legends in their own way. People might be sick of them because they feel they're overplayed but "worst of the year" seems very harsh to me.

Wild Rover, have you listened to any other Kanye stuff - saw a televised concert at Abbey Road studios the other night that was great, I think he's the biggest talent in Hip-Hop right now.

For worst, leaving aside the obvious Crazy Frog which doesn't really qualify as music anyway, I'd go for a toss-up between James Blunt and Westlife... (Hang on, I'm not sure I like the sound of that.:o )

klein4
24/11/2005, 3:40 PM

why do people who only ever expose themselves to top 40 music call anything else "indie" or "not mainstream"????

moronic.

paul_oshea
24/11/2005, 3:42 PM

in fairness that is a lot of people but i assume there isnt supposed to be a .00 as though we are talking about currency?? what stadium holds that?

finlma
24/11/2005, 3:45 PM
What does ur t-shirt say f*cking slipknot, ill bet.

I very much doubt it. Probably a nice Lionel Ritchie t-shirt with "Hello - is it me you're looking for?" on it.

drinkfeckarse
24/11/2005, 3:47 PM
why do people who only ever expose themselves to top 40 music call anything else "indie" or "not mainstream"????

moronic.

I listen to everything from Christy Moore to Metallica, I don't "only expose myself to top 40 music" in fact I couldn't even tell you the last time I ever even looked at the charts never mind actively listened to it.

My point was simple enough. Maybe it's moronic if you couldn't get it??

Green Army Girl
24/11/2005, 3:51 PM
in fairness that is a lot of people but i assume there isnt supposed to be a .00 as though we are talking about currency?? what stadium holds that?

You know what i mean, Mr O'Shea. Fair enough ill say one more thing Robbie hasnt got the best voice but his new album is really good and i know even if you buy it you wont admit it. We are all entitled to our opinions anyway the new Take That album is out, wat does everyone think of that JOKE :D of to bed.

Finmla you do make them t-shirts sound nice ill take 100 of them ;)

klein4
24/11/2005, 3:52 PM
you are the one that defined "indie" music etc (whatever that is) as "anything but mainstream"..........
So is mainstream just what you happen to like? as I doubt you were including yourself in that " I love the way....." statement????

(and the moronic referred more to that type of attitude than you personally)

junkie
24/11/2005, 5:32 PM
Worst song (apart from the obvious Westlife piece of sh!t) is Ticket to Hell by the unfunny joke that is The Darkness. Speed of Sound by Coldplay a close second.

John83
24/11/2005, 6:48 PM
The crazy frog was meant to be novelty, people bought the Pussy Cat Girls because they liked it and they probably view themselves as serious musicans, so by that recoking they will always shade it, oh and you'll all be delighted to learn they have a new single out soon:mad: Boycotting record shops who stock it would be worth considering.
I'm told that they were a burlesque act in the states? They're rubbish anyway.

The Crazy Frog doesn't deserve to be called a song. Otherwise, it's the single most irritating structured collection of noise I've ever heard.:mad:

:o I didn't mind the Robbie Williams thingie.

gustavo
24/11/2005, 6:51 PM
have to say about Robbie
- He isnt overtly talented
- He is self obsessed
- smug
But i cant help liking the old bugger . cant fathom it at all but i do like a lot of his songs and i saw him at Slane in 99 and it was great !